Ok, I don't generally like rap music...

Interesting topic here. Growing up I mainly listened to "rock and roll". I am talking about bands like KISS, Aerosmith, Quiet Riot, Poison, White snake, Winger, etc etc. Then all kinds of other music starting coming out of that like heavy metal, punk rock, and yes rap began. In the early eighties rap was almost unheard of. Even rap has evolved into Hip Hop and the likes. My CD collection has a little bit of eveything even techno.
It just depends what you like to listen to. What sounds good to you.

I think the problem here is that there are a lot of people who are trying to mold music into a specific "association" or put music in specific categories. Only black people can listen to rap, heavy metal listeners hate rap, etc, etc. We now live in a time where music has been used to relax, express yourself, and excercise among other things. Music has reached all races at all levels of living from the poor to the rich. It's perfectly normal for a white person to listen to rap or a black person to sing pop (Hootie and the blowfish) other than rap. Racism should die...be it the people who hates different races or the musical racists that hate different kinds of music. Just my two cents worth here. :)

i have to post against these rap bashers befor i puke i got through the first page and i am heated and no its not all flashy alot of people are and i do hate that otherwise their are alot of people who rap about the streets and real life and eminem(my favorite rapper along wit the diplomats) is very into polotics listen to mosh or almost every song on eminem show! also thw wu clan sucks they could be killed by the dip crew,d-12,g-unit, or even lil flip and that suckafree crew! and wtf are you talking about odb sucks! rza and jizza are the onl;y good ones and they still suck ass and im tellin all of you rap lovers on this site dont step to me in rap i will kill you!

KiLlAcAm said:
i have to post against these rap bashers befor i puke i got through the first page and i am heated and no its not all flashy alot of people are and i do hate that otherwise their are alot of people who rap about the streets and real life and eminem(my favorite rapper along wit the diplomats) is very into polotics listen to mosh or almost every song on eminem show! also thw wu clan sucks they could be killed by the dip crew,d-12,g-unit, or even lil flip and that suckafree crew! and wtf are you talking about odb sucks! rza and jizza are the onl;y good ones and they still suck ass and im tellin all of you rap lovers on this site dont step to me in rap i will kill you!
you may be able to kill people in rap but you certainly can't match the rest of the board with punctuation and intelligence :lol: .now I'm going to get out of this thread and listen to my evil rock music,k.

KiLlAcAm said:

Does anyone else realize that this post is one big sentence? If you could even call it that . . .

KiLlAcAm said:

Pretty much every rapper I've heard just bitches about how tough life is/was on the streets etc. There's really nothing special about rap music. Plus, from what I've seen, the music has spawned a bunch of morons who speak a mix of ebonics and broken English and think they're "gangsta", at least where I live.

Anguish said:
Pretty much every rapper I've heard just bitches about how tough life is/was on the streets etc. There's really nothing special about rap music. Plus, from what I've seen, the music has spawned a bunch of morons who speak a mix of ebonics and broken English and think they're "gangsta", at least where I live.

Then you should pretty much expand your horizons and try some other rap. That was really what I tried to do when I start this thread, was show that not all rap is that typical gangsta bullshit you hear on the radio and on that bullshit load of brain numbing garbage they call MTV. No one should have to define themselves by one genre of music. Evole yourself brothers.

Midget Kong said:
KiLlAcAm said:
you may be able to kill people in rap but you certainly can't match the rest of the board with punctuation and intelligence :lol: .now I'm going to get out of this thread and listen to my evil rock music,k.
im sorry about punctuation but i was just really pist so i kept writeing my bad.

raidenfighter said:
KiLlAcAm said:

Does anyone else realize that this post is one big sentence?

Doesn't the exclamation mark make it two?

Insane Cucumber said:
raidenfighter said:
KiLlAcAm said:

Does anyone else realize that this post is one big sentence?

Doesn't the exclamation mark make it two?

Most likely, but not necessarily. I didn't really bother reading the whole thing, I just searched for periods.

McShorty said:
Anguish said:

Then you should pretty much expand your horizons and try some other rap. That was really what I tried to do when I start this thread, was show that not all rap is that typical gangsta bullshit you hear on the radio and on that bullshit load of brain numbing garbage they call MTV. No one should have to define themselves by one genre of music. Evole yourself brothers.

Meh, I tried some of the stuff you recommended. Sorry, but I'll stick to Rage Against The Machine if I want something similiar to rap.

AirThrone said:
I cant stand rap music... Bunch of dirtbag illiterates, in most instances, who are nothing more than wannabe convicts.... Then of course they do get arrested, and sent to jail, then snitch on the whole world to stay out of the box....When was the4 last time you heard of Dave Mustaine getting arrested for carrying a handgun? Or Conway twitty for DWI or possession of drugs?... Rappers are pure skumbags... plain and simple...

don't get me wrong, i love dave mustaine, he's one of the most badass people ever in my opinion. but he was arrested for DUI and had to go to rehab for heroine addiction