Concerns

ZMONEY220

"Concerns" More like question about mk9 im wondering about anyways
Im Loving MK9 So far im just have some questions about NRS's 1st Game

*Special Moves
- I like Liu Kang's new bike kick even though it favors Hotaru's Grasshopper i really hope his orignal bike kick returns as well
- Should Noob Saibot get his Noob Stars back?
- What happen to "Double Ice Backfire"
- Sindel's Hair?
-At first I wasn't liking Sub-Zero's Ice Defense move (originally from MKvsDC) but now i do but i think NRS Replaced it the ice clone. It would be nice to have both cause it doesn't even look like you can make the ice clone in the air.
- Sub Zero Ice Pike removed?
- Enhanced Freeze move should favor Subzero's MK2 2nd fatality

*Team Intros & Outros
To acknowledge there is more than one fighter the characters on teams should get there own intro and outro kinda like Noob and Saibot 's outro

Last edited:
i hope there are no infinite combos like in MK vs. DC

or if there are .... i hope they AT LEAST get fixed

*Special Moves
- I like Liu Kang's new bike kick even though it favors Hotaru's Grasshopper i really hope his orignal bike kick returns as well
- What happen to "Double Ice Backfire" :questionmark:
-At first I wasn't liking Sub-Zero's Ice Defense move (originally from MKvsDC) but now i do but i think NRS Replaced it the ice clone. It would be nice to have both cause it doesn't even look like you can make the ice clone in the air.

*Team Intros & Outros
To acknowledge there is more than one fighter the characters on teams should get there own intro and outro kinda like Noob and Saibot 's outro

It would be pretty cool to have the team intros for specific teams (i.e. Liu Kang/Kung Lao, Scorpion/Sub-zero). I was a bit surprised with the double ice thing, but its not that big of a deal to me. Like Kelsper said, "My only concern is that I don't have the game in my hands".

Thats why they put in a tuner system for after launch so they can fix any glitches or cheats without worrying about a patch

*Special Moves
- I like Liu Kang's new bike kick even though it favors Hotaru's Grasshopper i really hope his orignal bike kick returns as well >> No it doesn't. It favors Liu's bike kick. With fire.
- Should Noob Saibot get his Noob Stars back? >> He's already badass. I've totally forgotten about his stars.
- What happen to "Double Ice Backfire" >> Its 2011. They changed it.
- Sindel's Hair? >> I think its a weave, what do you think?
-At first I wasn't liking Sub-Zero's Ice Defense move (originally from MKvsDC) but now i do but i think NRS Replaced it the ice clone. It would be nice to have both cause it doesn't even look like you can make the ice clone in the air. >>I Dont pay attention to him enough to know what you are referring to.

*Team Intros & Outros
To acknowledge there is more than one fighter the characters on teams should get there own intro and outro kinda like Noob and Saibot 's outro >> >>I thought about this as well. But at the end of the day, you realize that that is fluff thats not needed when you step back and take in the density of this game.

characters, 10

I think SMOKE will have the ninja stars. It could fit him well. But I like Sub's ice clone better and Lui's new bike kick.

I would like if Sindel's hair moves return and that's about it. Everything looks perfect so far, with the exception of a certain missing ninja

NRS have stated that they made the game to where things in it can easily be patched if something like this comes up, but how quickly they patch things is the question. >_>...

*Special Moves
- Sindel's Hair?

*Team Intros & Outros

The bicycle kick we see in this game looks more plausable and realistic imo. I know it's a fantasy game and there's a lot of unrealistic stuff, so why does it matter? However, I just don't see the big difference. As long as it works better than the one in MKvsDC I will be happy. That one didn't work very well, and the button command wasn't as useful as holding down low kick for 3 seconds.

No, Noob is just fine without the stars. I say give them to Reiko if he ends up in the next game. Noob has great moves as it is, he may as well give Reiko the move because he could benefit more from it.

The double ice backfire never made any sense. It was a nice way to prevent spamming, but I don't see that being a problem with the new one. The freeze seems to be a little slower, and now freezing again results in the opponent unfreezing, and only 7% damage. That's not much at all, and spamming will still likely be avoided with this system. So it makes better sense this way if you ask me.

Don't really care about Sindel's hair. Hopefully they get it as good as possible, but it's no concern of mine, hair isn't a top priority as lon g as it's not too zany.

They may have switched them around. Meaning, the ice parry is now the enhanced version of the ice clone instead of the other way around like it was before. Either way, if they made changes, by switching them or taking the parry out, I am sure it was for good reason to better gameplay and balance the characters. Sub's ice clone was always managable in the past games. The ice parry imo was stronger, due to it being so quick and the automatic hit afterwards. Whereas with the clone you couldn't do it too close to the opponent, and it took a second to pull off. Both have their advantages, both look cool, but if they only go with 1 I wouldn't be too disappointed either way.

Team intros and outros would be nice, but they aren't really necessary. It's a bonus, but I wouldn't be upset if they don't make it.

these are your concerns. what a waste I thought I was going to read I played the demo and it felt slow or I played the demo and I just don't like it.

Yea i wish NR brought back Liu Kangs original bicycle kick not really liking the new one. I also agree on the whole Noob's star throwing attack like in Mk deception and pretty much on everything you mentioned. Oh & one more thing maybe as DLC bring back the characters old winning posses.

1. Infinites
2. Balance issues
3. The wait between now and April 19.....

That's literally it. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that I will love this game.

*Special Moves
- Sindel's Hair?

*Team Intros & Outros

Too many concerns and not enough appreciations