Ed Boon Interview Discussion

Re: Fatalities? Top of the Challenge Tower? Secret Unlockables? Yes please

Nothing too new except Boon mentioning that the reward for Challenge Tower 300 could be seen online if someone else has it? Is it a character perhaps? wtf could it be....

Assuming the reward for completing the 300 challenges is a secret character....

Right around the 3:50 mark Boon says:

"If you see someone online with this prize, you knew that they finished the challenge tower and they kick ass. We wanted to give the best reward we could."

This means it has to be a sick character, correct? There is no way he is talking about an avatar, alternate costume, or anything small. I'm assuming it won't be any DLC character either that people can just buy with cash.

Re: Assuming the reward for completing the 300 challenges is a secret character....

I do think at some point they said you can see other players' avatars in the game lobbies. So it's probably some kind of avatar item. Or it could some kind of special icon or title. Shrug. Who knows for sure?

Re: Assuming the reward for completing the 300 challenges is a secret character....

I doubt its a title or avatar...that seems WAY too small for what's being implied.

Who knows,it could be an xbox character for the xbox fans,or maybe something for the PS fans,for the PS3.

Until this video I thought it would be the MK HD Kollection, I think it will be a character then.

it probably is the hd kollection. even if its not online multilplayer it will still say something within the lines of _____ online MK9: umk3 hd arcade

I was wondering, but a character? i dont think so, mostly because they want this game to be a Tournament Fighter, so i dont see if it would be a character that isnt overpowered but just a awesome character but beatable, how they want that character to be selected at tournys.
This makes me think that its completely different, i think its the MK HD Kollektion.
Now i dont know if it would take a LOT of room on the 360 dvd, i mean its no dilemma if it could fit on a bluray cause these things are big as a mofo.
Anyway thats what i think..

Honestly, what I think the prize is...... I think its a updated version of MK trilogy.

Think about it, Shaolin Monks had mk2, Armageddon had umk3......

What would be cooler than a MK trilogy without all the wack ass glitches???

Sure u can say HD collection.....

But the reason I think this MAINLY is bcuz EVERY character in mk9 is in trilogy....... Idk maybe im a dreamer, but how cool would it be to play a CLEAN DOPE VERSION OF TRILOGY ONLINE???!!!

MK9 IS a re-telling of MKI MKII and MKIII.

Trilogy IS MKI, II AND III
IT'S PERFECT.

+ REP ME IF I JUST BLEW YOUR MIND

I may be thinking small here, but I have a feeling beating the 300th challenge will make the bosses playable.

No way it's character related. They want online play to be balanced and fair remember?

"I beat End Game and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

OMG it's just been confirmed on his twitter, the prize is a Screen that pops up and it say's "congratulations you have no Life!' LOL I keed I keed, in all honesty it will be a character, or something added to the character like double damage, it will be some kind of Perk added the the character I just got a feeling

While good, the Noob reveal they claimed would be internet breaking was not quite as big as other details/videos. I'll be taking this with a pinch of salt until I know the facts.

People keep saying it's the HD collection but it's not going to be. They simply wouldn't do themselves out of all that lovely cash. Plus the fact two UK retailers have it advertised for PS3.

While good, the Noob reveal they claimed would be internet breaking was not quite as big as other details/videos. I'll be taking this with a pinch of salt until I know the facts.

People keep saying it's the HD collection but it's not going to be. They simply wouldn't do themselves out of all that lovely cash. Plus the fact two UK retailers have it advertised for PS3.

Agreed. people that think it's the HD collection are dreaming...if they plan (I hope) to release this at retail, why would they give it away in this game? They wouldn't. Plus, it doesn't go w/ his comment of you being able to tell online that somebody has completed the challenge. And it can't be a character, as stated already, because of the fair and balanced. So, either it's something smaller than we think it is or it's something we're not thinking of. At any rate, I don't want to know...I will avoid spoliers when the game drops. I want to do this and be surprised.

i think either unlocked bosses or Rain to complete the roster

I may be thinking small here, but I have a feeling beating the 300th challenge will make the bosses playable.

I am thinking along the same lines, I am interested to find out for sure.