Truck Tour Pictues and more!

DCP

You Got Caged!!
Here's some pictures I took of the truck and all that. Unfortunately, they don't allow you to record/take pictures when inside. Don't worry I made friends with the guys there and they told me I could get some exclusive footage for you guys tomorrow. I was happy to meet Mr. Viking_Poodle, it was nice meeting you bro.

Pictures

(Me wearing the MK shirt you get for having a pre-order receipt)
2vii1d5.jpg

24kxw1e.jpg
2wp5lau.jpg
33vdl4p.jpg

As far as the game goes. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Controls are quick and responsive. Graphics are stunningly beautiful. Blood everywhere, and fatalities are even more gruesome in person. A noobie user friendly combo system, but I see A LOT of opportunity to come up with some crazy stuff for the more experienced player. Control scheme is similar to MK Vs. DC. Triangle High Punch, Square Low Punch, Circle High Kick, X Low Kick, R2 to Block, R1 to Grab. The demo offered 4 players, (Johnny Cage, Mileena, Sub-Zero, and Scorpion.) 2 Stages (The Pit, and The Living Forest.) Each player has a complete movelist from single button hits, to example combos and fatalities. The game runs so damn smoothly, never felt a game play like this. Dashing is so easy to do, even with the Dualshock Pad. Fatalities are somewhat easy to pulloff. The timer gives you a boatload of time to pull one off and you can just pause and look up the movelist if you need to. Oh and did I forget to mention if you get your opponent with a nice clean uppercut, Mr. Dan Forden pops up and yells out TOASTY!!!! ;)

Can't wait to go back tomorrow and actually get you guys some good footage. For now enjoy the pics above and this link to my youtube channel to check out Baraka's Theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWpPsdgof2s

Feel free to ask me any questions and I'll answer them if I can.

Last edited:
yeah man thanks for the update and info about the game ~ much appreciated + rep

yeah man thanks for the update and info about the game ~ much appreciated + rep

No problem man, my pleasure. Tomorrow I'll get some good footage for all of you guys. I made friends with the dudes running it so they'll let me take some shots and little clips. Might even get to see me actually play this time :p

Does the floor light up to help with fatalities or is that only for practicing them? Nice post btw.

Nah man, no floor light ups. The screen gets pitch black like in the previous games, but that's about it.

Where did you get Baraka's theme? Totally wicked dubstep

They hand out a little tiny credit card looking thing that has Liu's, Mileena's, and Baraka's theme on it for download.

How many times you get to play? How did that all work?

Got to play 4 times, 10 minutes each session. They don't care if you get back in line, they actually encourage it. Also we decided to start a little tournament because there we were so few people toward the beginning.

Youre one lucky bum DCP, but thanks for the info man, a fan's review is always better than a critic's. I am totally psyched now.

Youre one lucky bum DCP, but thanks for the info man, a fan's review is always better than a critic's. I am totally psyched now.

Trust me bro, this is THE Mortal Kombat. It was quite a simple demo and I could have played it all day and night.

See any Fatalities? If so, were they tweaked at all since we last saw them?

EDIT: And what kind of swag did you get? Do tell, holmes.

See any Fatalities? If so, were they tweaked at all since we last saw them?

EDIT: And what kind of swag did you get? Do tell, holmes.

I performed every fatality possible memorizing only Johnny's (Forward, forward, back, down, x) and Scorpion's (Forward, down, forward, triangle) None were tweaked at all, an stage fatalities all have a different input like in MKII.

Well man, all I got was that shirt you see me in. They did have others on display but they are only available online.

Wheres my shoutout?! Lol JK good to see an individual who actually played it and said it was GOOD, not like the magazines, well m8 i hate and love you right now :p was it really crowded and how long did they have the game up? Also did you play it on the cabinets or what? SO many questions!!!

Wheres my shoutout?! Lol JK good to see an individual who actually played it and said it was GOOD, not like the magazines, well m8 i hate and love you right now :p was it really crowded and how long did they have the game up? Also did you play it on the cabinets or what? SO many questions!!!

Haha tomorrow man I promise! Nah don't believe magazines, these "gamers" don't know a good game if it hit them in the ass. It wasn't crowded at all bro, like I said I got to play 4 times and could have played more if I would have stayed longer. They have the game up till 9pm. Didn't play on cabs, just on PS3s with regular dualshocks.

I performed every fatality possible memorizing only Johnny's (Forward, forward, back, down, x) and Scorpion's (Forward, down, forward, triangle) None were tweaked at all, an stage fatalities all have a different input like in MKII.

Well man, all I got was that shirt you see me in. They did have others on display but they are only available online.

Did you see the Living Forest's stage fatality? Boon hinted at one in the past.

Available online you say? As in an online store? Did they give any info?

Did you see the Living Forest's stage fatality? Boon hinted at one in the past.

Available online you say? As in an online store? Did they give any info?

Nah man, it was funny. Everyone there was tryin to pull it off but no one got it to work. As for th merchandise, I really didnt ask, from the moment I walked into that trailer my eyes were glued on the game, haha. I will definitely ask for you tomorrow though.

Nah man, it was funny. Everyone there was tryin to pull it off but no one got it to work. As for th merchandise, I really didnt ask, from the moment I walked into that trailer my eyes were glued on the game, haha. I will definitely ask for you tomorrow though.

Man, I could have went today because I didn't even have to go to work. But, I ended up working anyway. How far is Tustin from where you live?