Official MK9 Demo Thread

At the end of the ladder video where it shows Stryker, do u guys think thats one of his fatality's or is it simply his win pose. I hope its his win pose because of its one his fatality's id actually like to see the victim's body explode!

thanks for the info, i did it but i pressed L1,L2 R and R2 at the same time.
now i know just L2 and R2

thanks guys

i yet have to see Toasty.

Here are my impressions also. I finally got to check it out. I think it's going to be a great game, although the demo was very short unfortunately. I only had a few small complaints and those were, mileena's outfit being way too slutty. She almost looks like a transvestite, and i'm no prude. But my girlfriend's exact quote was "now that's unecessary, she looks like a tranny" Then it hit me.. she does! I understand there are other costumes, but the slutty ones need to go. They should not be default, i'm not a horney 17 year old anymore. Also the character selection screen music and overall look and reminds very much of mortal kombat deception or deadly alliance.. which isn't that bad I guess.. It's got that mk deception guitar going (or was it deadly alliace) the game almost feels like an advanced version of one of those games (da, deception).. especially now that they are adding the krypt and all, which I loved. But I guess I just expected it to feel.. totally different. It's still very good though. The only other thing i noticed was in mirror matches, it'd be nice if the characters said something different to eachother, instead of just repeating the exact quote, and doing the same animation entering the fight. Overall fun to see.. but short. I'm not a huge fan of the constant "dashing" animation, but I can live with it, movements do feel a bit clunky.. jump kicks to me just don't feel right and I liked them much better in the old 2d games. The backgrounds are awesome, overall still excited about this, I just wish the demo had 2 more levels, 1 more character, and multiplayer.. It is very short for spending $18 on psn plus. Now that I have it, I would say watch a video of it on youtube of it and wait 7 days for the release, I wouldn't pay $18 to play 7 more days of this unfortunately, it's just too short. The ending video is cool though, and I am a huge fan.

But please put some cloths on the females an shrink their boobs a tad, It looks horrible! Does anyone agree?

I think she looks great. Her outfit is very stylish although a little on the kinky side but thats ok with me. Her boobs? Yeah I would shrink them just a TINY bit but still....I'm not complaining :) I like the boob physics as well. As for the demo: Freaking great. I can't think of one negative aspect about it...maybe only the fact that its not the full version of the game :D

The naked big tittied female characters remind me of Howard Stern having strippers on his show. Its like, most people dont need that anymore. we have pron lets move on.

Maybe you can get away w/ 1 or 2 of them looking like that, but all of them is a bit ridiculous.

Small complaint, and I dont want to sound like a dick if they are reading but I dont think its necessary at this point. Just give them some tight leggings, and maybe some belly-button and cleavage showing w/ a vest on some normal sized titters

Is it just me, or did anybody else see Meat in the video after the demo? If you go to the "More X-Rays" part of the video, it'll be the 2nd X-ray attack with Shang Tsung. The person is nothing but muscle (And is apparently a female since you can see breasts as well) when Shang Tsung does his X-ray move against it. I'm guessing it might be a part of the story mode where he finishes off his failed attempts, or Meat could be one of the hidden kombatants that you fight against in the Arcade ladder...

To Spartan: "a little on the kinky side"? Have u seen when she gets her strap on her underwear cut? She is basically naked at that point.. lol

I never noticed that until this demo.

They have got to fix Sub Zero's slide. It is almost obsolete. Also his ground freeze, I noticed when you jump into it nothing happens. AND THE ANIMATION FOR IT TAKES WAAAAAYYY TOO LONG. the games fast pace never allows you to use that move, Everytime I try, I get beat the hell up. He is soooooooo slow, and his lack of special moves make him boring to play with. I hated MK vs DC, but the Sub Zero in that was waaaY better than this Subby.

Also, I noticed that with scorpion.... when you knock people down and try to use the hell fire on them ...again.... nothing happens.

I hope they fix this because it is so annoying that I cannot slide, or burn someone after I knock them down. That's how it always was, that's how it should stay.

Another little minor annoying thing is...

When I pause and go to the move list.... every time I do it I have to scroll ALL THE WAY DOWN AGAIN just to check out the combos again.

It should stay where you last left it, OR have a button to take u all the way to the bottom quickly

Last edited:
Is it just me, or did anybody else see Meat in the video after the demo? If you go to the "More X-Rays" part of the video, it'll be the 2nd X-ray attack with Shang Tsung. The person is nothing but muscle (And is apparently a female since you can see breasts as well) when Shang Tsung does his X-ray move against it. I'm guessing it might be a part of the story mode where he finishes off his failed attempts, or Meat could be one of the hidden kombatants that you fight against in the Arcade ladder...

I think it's the effect of the x-ray.
I've explained it various times in other threads: there was a Lupinko's leak about Quan Chi's x-ray in which he turns the opponent into a zombie; I guess that's the case, maybe he mixed things up and said Quan Chi instead of ST, or maybe they have similar x-rays with the same effect.

Hmm tried to search for it but it seems that I am the only one with that problem.
I am heavily used to the SNES button layout that means that the left-upper were for the high attacks and the right-bottom row for the lower attacks. So I tried to reassign the buttons. But it has no effect in the game. I see the changes in the options pannel but it actually makes no difference ingame. Any suggestions?