What is your favorite klassic mortal kombat game?

What is your favorite?

• Mortal Kombat 1

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Mortal Kombat 2

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • UMK 3

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
mine is Mortal Kombat 2 i love UMK 3 the gameplay is the best part of it , but i prefer MK2 because of the Athmospere What is your favorite and why :)

I picked MKII. In that game, they took all the things that made the first game great and made it even better. UMK3 is awesome, but the lack of JC means I'm obligated not to vote for it.

MK II by far, I remember the first time I saw it, before we even got into the arcade, I was thinking "man it would be cool if they made an MK II" and when we got close to the entrance of the arcade there was a huge line, I was thinking it was another variation of street Fighter II they just got in, and we entered the arcade I saw the top of the cabinet "Mortal Kombat II",I could'nt believe it! no other game blew my mind as much as when I first saw MK II, The atmosphere, music, and design were by far the best of all the games. I waited almost an hour to play the game that night only to find out the fatality commands were all different, I spent so much money on that game in 93' its not funny, I'm hoping MK 2011 brings back those fond memories.

MK II by far, I remember the first time I saw it, before we even got into the arcade, I was thinking "man it would be cool if they made an MK II" and when we got close to the entrance of the arcade there was a huge line, I was thinking it was another variation of street Fighter II they just got in, and we entered the arcade I saw the top of the cabinet "Mortal Kombat II",I could'nt believe it! no other game blew my mind as much as when I first saw MK II, The atmosphere, music, and design were by far the best of all the games. I waited almost an hour to play the game that night only to find out the fatality commands were all different, I spent so much money on that game in 93' its not funny, I'm hoping MK 2011 brings back those fond memories.
yeah good old memories :)

I'd have to go with UMK3, I liked MKI n MKII alot, but the speed of UMK3 was probably what drew me in the most, oh yeah and all the stage music, I absolutely loved them; my only gripe was some of the missed kharacters (no Raiden and Cage, really?)

MKI has a very special place in my heart, but i have to say I spent countless hours afterschool playing MKII.

MK1 was soooo awesome but MK2 was just tits. Playable Reptile, introduction of Kung Lao and Raiden's best outfit ever, hell yeah.

That would be MK3 for me. Even tough I like the ninja characters, they went a little overboard with all the palette-swapping in UMK3 and MK Trilogy in my opinion.
The main reason why I prefer MK3 over MKII besides the dial-up kombos is simply the fact that Sonya's playable in MK3. And she's my favorite MK character.