Test Your Luck In Mortal Kombat's Challenge Tower

Unless Smoke is going to be a palette swap of Cyrax, that isn't Smoke. Notice how Cyrax and Sektor, while both cyborgs, have very different looks? Why then would the team decide to make Smoke a simple palette swap? I think that if he's in the game and is in cyborg form, you'll see a totally different look. Sorry guys, for whatever reason, Cyrax is grey-ed out on level 7 of the Challenge Tower.

its ironic how videos that show more in-depth analysis of game modes leave me craving more! stupid april, get here already :(

was it ever a green hammer? I remember him just pulling out a random hammer kind of like how they use to on looney tunes.

was it ever a green hammer? I remember him just pulling out a random hammer kind of like how they use to on looney tunes.

Yes, he pulled it from hammerspace, but lupinko's leaks said:

-Shao Kahn has taunts, a GREEN hammer and his upwards shadow dash.

A few notable things:

-Baraka is wearing a different attire, something like his MK2 shirt is barely shown
-The Pit bottom is shown
-The Pit has a daytime version
-The Street/Bridge is shown, a monster is wrecking havoc in the back as the military fights him off, visuals are based on Chicago
-Sindel does a flying maneuver, hinting at her ability to fly
-Zombie Mode, Dream Mode, Armless Kombat, Headless Kombat, No Jumping, Fire Floor, Upside Down, and Double Damage are some of the modifiers.
-Shao Kahn has taunts and green hammer
-Classic Sub and Scorp look to play differently than their regular versions. (Sub looks to go for the ice clone)

More as I see them...

Last edited:
oh my ****ing god!!! that was soooo awsome! i cant belive how many modes and minigames this game's gonna have!!!!!!!!!!!1 im so exited i just can yet to get my copy of the game!!! now the big question is if this was the "great announcment" they were talking about... i think this is awsome but i still hope this isnt it because i wanted to see kabal or raiden... any way, this is the first time we saw the roof, styrker, shao kahn, goro fighting, scorpion's and sub's alternate costumes and more... omg XD

Looks interesting. These types of modes have always infuriated me though, as I'm not very good at fighting games in general.

More noteworthy for me was the addition of the Pit's lower half. How awesome did that look? Also, the Street reminds me of Fallout 3, which is a good thing.

Looks interesting. These types of modes have always infuriated me though, as I'm not very good at fighting games in general.

More noteworthy for me was the addition of the Pit's lower half. How awesome did that look? Also, the Street reminds me of Fallout 3, which is a good thing.

The Pit Bottom is stunning. I nearly wet myself when I saw it.

I especially love the little creature seen in the background, chewing on the dead bodies.

I laughed so hard I cried at Mileena's teddy bear. This is going to be the greatest game ever. I'm so happy. I do believe this is the best announcement we've gotten!

Scorpion: "I HATE TEDDIES!"

This game is going to be awesome. It looks like there is going to be plenty to do, when your not in Story Mode or Arcade Mode.Wonder what they'll release on Friday? All the characters they showed in the video look great.

A few notable things:

-Baraka is wearing a different attire, something like his MK2 shirt is barely shown
-The Pit bottom is shown
-The Street/Bridge is shown, a monster is wrecking havoc in the back as the military fights him off, visuals are based on Chicago
-Zombie Mode, Dream Mode, Armless Kombat, Headless Kombat, No Jumping, Fire Floor, Upside Down, and Double Damage are some of the modifiers.
-Classic Sub and Scorp look to play differently than their regular versions. (Sub looks to go for the ice clone)

More as I see them...

you forgot Rainbow Kombat, where the fighters spill rainbow-hued blood as seen in the video where headless Ermac and Scorpion fight

I see a picture of young Shang Tsung when it gets to the part about Test Your Luck. Keep pausing and playing when the slot moves and you'll see him eventually.

I see a picture of young Shang Tsung when it gets to the part about Test Your Luck. Keep pausing and playing when the slot moves and you'll see him eventually.

Yeah, looks like you are right:

ysts.png

This looks good, the wait is killing me. The game looks amazing the klassics costumes look good. SHao Kahn's model looks cool glad he got his moves. Can't wait to play this game.

A few notable things:

-The Pit bottom is shown

More as I see them...
Rep +1

I like this new mode, kudos to you NRS!
On a side note - I'm pretty sure there will be trophies/achievements based on this mode, like finish 100, finish 200, and complete the tower

Last edited:
I like this new mode, kudos to you NRS!
On a side note - I'm pretty sure there will be trophies/achievements based on this mode, like finish 100, finish 200, and complete the tower

yea most likely, there will be a good amount of achievements in the Challenge tower.

After doing side by side comparisons, and I have an eye for things so after this comment no .******* remarks, There are differences in the armor's of both, The chest Plate for instance on yellow cyrax it's bulky and extends outward, this gray Smoke/Cyrax has very slim, and the out line is slightly different, same as the helmets, there's 2 minor lines that inner connect that are not on Cyrax's helmet, but this could just be Render vs in game model issue, cause what the Character render looks like is a little bit different than in game model, but the shoulder pads them selves are outlined a tid bit different too/ while i'm still sure it's Cyrax let's quit being an Arsehole to other's and just wait and see