MKTT Austin Meetup Thread

Can you guys get there without taking a car, by bus or train or similar? Sounds like that'd be easier during SXSW.

In my case, No. I'm as far north Austin as you could possibly get without it being considered Round Rock...and frankly, depending on which courier service you use (USPS, FedEx, UPS) I'm Austin, Round Rock or Cedar Park, lol.

As far as I know there are no buses this far north that would take me, I'd end up having to drive downton a bit just to get to a bus stop to avoid the parking issues. But I might just chance it. I'll be off taking my pup to the vet at 10am anyway so i'll just make my way down there early and get a good spot.

In my case, No. I'm as far north Austin as you could possibly get without it being considered Round Rock...and frankly, depending on which courier service you use (USPS, FedEx, UPS) I'm Austin, Round Rock or Cedar Park, lol.

As far as I know there are no buses this far north that would take me, I'd end up having to drive downton a bit just to get to a bus stop to avoid the parking issues. But I might just chance it. I'll be off taking my pup to the vet at 10am anyway so i'll just make my way down there early and get a good spot.

The capital metro train might be a good option for you. There is a stop located at Mopac @ Howard Ln. Type this in google maps: 3900 Howard Ln Austin TX 78728. City of Austin said they will have all trains in full service to handle the large crowds of SXSW. You can take this cheap train ride from North Austin which will end right at the Austin Convention center. Also has wifi now on the train.

anyone in round rock wana carpool with me, ill ride w u or u can ride with me. i just moved to round rock and dont know many ppl. i will be going to the howard ln train station as suggested above (thank you, wonder). if ur in round rock or north austin area shoot me a text, id like some mk buddies for when it comes out :)
-joe
512 four 8 four - 51 seven seven

so what time are yous guys showing up at? i'll be there from open to close most likely. everyday. forever. haha i'll be the pastey ginger with long hair sportin the mk vs dc shirt.

I probably won't be able to make it today since I'll be at work all day, but I hope to get down there tomorrow at some point.

Also looks like they posted a pic on Facebook of the machines they have set up in the convention center.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=572976&id=117266501638089

mkmachine.jpg

Oh nice!!! My wife ended up getting sick so I may not be able to make it (somebody has to take care of 3 kids). Wish I could make it, especially considering they have the new fight stick on display too. I would really like to try that out compared to the PS3 controller I've been playing on this week. Y'all have fun for those that can make it!!!

Well, unfortunately I realized I left my wallet at home when I got to the train station so I figured i'd just drive downtown, since there's a few places there I know that you can park for free (and some of the side streets are wide enough to park along the side). Biggest mistake I ever made. Definitely not making it today.

Anyone else possibly going use caution: do not drive. Whatever you do, find another way to get there. DO. NOT. DRIVE. By the time I found a place to park I was waaaaaaaaaaaay down South Congress. Wasn't worth it.

Might try to hit screenburn with the wife tomorrow and take the train, otherwise I'm gonna miss out on this.

I really wish they just did the Best Buy parking lot thing like in Cali.

Wasn't able to attend todays Screenburn, but will be there tomorrow as early as 12pm until it ends. Hope to see some fellow trmk members! :cool:

i went today and laid waste to everybody. i wish it was a different build but, it was well worth fighting traffic to get the shirt. i heard through the grapevine mike tyson will be there to sign autographs on sunday around 3ish. i'll probably go again tomorrow and get more pictures. i didn't take too many today. peace y'alls.

Squirrel, you drove? Where did you end up parking? Being that it's the weekend I honestly wouldn't mind walking from South Congress to the convention center...the fact that yesterday was friday and I hadn't planned on staying more than an hour to play MK, it wasn't worth it. However, because the big stuff will probably happen today and tomorrow I'd be willing to go for most of the day to hang out and look at other stuff too.

I'll probably head there on Sunday with the wife since we've got other plans today.

Got in line today right when the exhibition hall opened. Pretty sweet to get a t-shirt, even though I haven't preordered. First time playing the game for me since I have an X-Box, and I didn't so well, lol. The new controls will take some getting used to, I kept trying to hit LP to throw Scorp's spear. Still great to play. Big thanks to NRS for letting us get our hands on it!

I was there for about an hour or so, and only got to play the demo once, it was great, except for the person who i had to play with didn't know what a ps3 was AT ALL. Aside from that, I'm definitely going back tomorrow for the free shirt (they didn't have XLs so I'm there again) and hopefully more worthy opponents. It was awesome to say the least.

Well, ended up not making it. Had some other stuff come up this weekend.

S'okay though, I'm looking forward to April 19th that much more now. I have no plans on downloading the demo so the game will be a nice, brand new experience for me on launch day. See you guys online.

i went again today and met mike tyson and got his autograph. i also laid waste to everyone. i got that scorpion 46% combo on lock. then just to be an ******* i throw in the x ray too. i love this game!!!
DSCF0012_1.jpg
DSCF0009_3.jpg
DSCF0016_3.jpg
DSCF0021_1.jpg
DSCF0003_4.jpg
my drawing of mike tyson.
DSCF0008_4.jpg
i love you trmk! hahaha

Last edited: