MKTT Los Angeles Meetup Thread

haha yeah i think i sat right next to you b/c i remember looking over to my right and seeing subby do his freeze/rip fatal!

I work out of the location this truck is at in LA (Best Buy #109), I may come tomorrow since FRI is my day off, lol...

Does anyone know if CYRAX plays a lot like he did in MK3? Or is he way different? Anyone try him out yet?

- Brett

I work out of the location this truck is at in LA (Best Buy #109), I may come tomorrow since FRI is my day off, lol...

Does anyone know if CYRAX plays a lot like he did in MK3? Or is he way different? Anyone try him out yet?

- Brett

only 4 characters available to play
2 stages only

scorpion, subzero mileena and johnny cage

SUBZEROS FATALITY= BACK FORWARD DOWN FORWARD Circle (SWEEP DISTANCE)

MILEENAS FATALITY= BACK FORWARD BACK FORWARD TRIANGLE (HALF SCREEN DISTANCE)
MILEENAS PIT= DOWN DOWN DOWN TRIANGLE

SCORPIONS FATALITY= ??? Cant remember. sorry

Living Forrest
the PIt 2

I've actually enjoyed the trancy/techno'y themes they've had so far. The only mediocre one was Sub Zero's in my opinion.
Guess I'm the "target audience" they we're aiming for.

OK just got back from having a few sessions. Game is awesome! I tried all 4 characters (scorp, sub, mileena, johnny).

Some things I noticed:
1. Generic animations from MKvDC seem to be completely removed
2. Subs Xray has different startup animation. Instead of creating a giant ice spike on the ground he does a sliding shoulder charge (think Glacius coldshoulder attack from KI). The rest of the animation is the same.
3. Mileena has a unique xray attack
4. Scorps throw is different. Instead of slicing with his knife and flipping the opponent over, he spears them in the face then kicks them into the air and then yanks them down.
5. Game feels a lot like MK2, except a bit more responsive, better mobility because of the dashing.
6. The game is fun as hell, I want to play more!

BTW Scorps Fatality is F, D, F, Triangle.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to be heading to the MK Truck Tour tomorrow in Orange. Really looking forward to the truck tour..and most importantly, to finally play Mortal Kombat in all its bloody glory!

Last edited:
Just wanted to confirm for everyone who couldn't make it to the LA one...

THIS GAME KICKS ARSE! It's very true to the old style (mk2-3) games , no run button, but dashing instead (way better)

Couple control/character move notes:

R2 was block (I think L2 as well), R1 triggered the auto grab sequence which varies for each character....johnny cage hits you a few times, then slams your nuts with a downward backfist, pretty funny...I forget what L1 did....

------------
Johnny Cages Shadow knee/elbow has ridiculous priority in the air. I pulled off a RED one once, not sure how...

Sub zero's ground ice doesn't stay out long at all, if you throw it, then block an immediate flying kick, it's gone by the time your enemy lands on it...disappointing, move is gonna have to be utilized differently I guess...although one time I threw it and it went expanding forward the entire length of the field, that was pretty awesome....not sure HOW I did that...
-------------

I played all the characters and didn't lose a single match! I even faced off against one of the MK truck staff folks in the beginning cause I didn't have a friend with me (came alone) and I owned him as well....my scorpion vs. his sub zero.

Anyone have any questions, I'd be glad to answer....I pulled off the F, D , F triangle fatality for scorpion, but didn't manage to pull off any other ones...

BTW promo materials are a flyer about LAS VEGAS championship where you can win 21k in MAY...a little card to DL 3 songs from the game before the actual music cd comes out to purchase and a nice neat black MK Tour T-shirt, with the New MK logo on front, and "Finish Him" in scrawled style red font on the back top of shirt, below that 'Mortal Kombat' and 2011, and then tour locations listed going down on center back.

It ended too soon!

- Brett

Just got back from playing and like everyone has been playing its fckin awesome! I played two sessions with my friend that came along First session was about 10 minutes than I got back in and played again for about 20 minutes. Played all four characters. Scorpion and johnny cage for me played better than Mileena and sub zero. Subby in this one I think just requires more practice, same with Mileena. I managed to do an xray with subzero, mileena and scorpion. Also a fatality with milleena and scorpions. Both were easy to pull off. I wasn't really able to pull off any enhanced moves only scorpions, he throws two spears at you instead of one. And like what has been comfirmed you do it by doing the special move and block at the same time. Really lookin forward to the demo to have it ll for myself! If you guys have any questions feel free to ask.

I'll be hitting up the Orange CA one today; i'm assuming it's the same time frame as the LA one. Will prolly take some snapshots and post them on my twitter (twitter.com/griglager) Anyone that knows me from the olden days of MK knows I'm not stingy when it comes to picture rights, so if my photos are not too crappy, feel free to snag em. ;)

Question: Could you do the FATALITY on The Pit(Knocked onto spikes) or Living Forrest(Tree's eat you)?

Also to everyone who has played or is going please try and get a good video for those of us that are to far away.

I am definitely going to be at the MK Truck Tour in Orange today..leaving pretty soon. It'll probably be much more crowded today as it's a Saturday, but hopefully everyone will get plenty of game time.

Was it really crowded Thursday and Friday?

Oh man...I am getting pretty pumped about this big time. Can't wait to "test my might"! ha!

I will also be taking pictures and tweeting 'em at my twitter.com/evanthegamer - Well...will be trying to, anyways, as long as they allow it so. And maybe video, too.

Hell yeah!

Ohhh...so the getup's IN the truck, huh? yeaah...maybe not so much on the pictures then; on the MK4 Tour they brought the shwag inside where they were. No biggie, still can't wait to see. Everything I hear tells me the old school fans are going to devour this up as much as the new generation...i'll prolly get a good shot of the truck then...hah

------------
Johnny Cages Shadow knee/elbow has ridiculous priority in the air. I pulled off a RED one once, not sure how...

Sub zero's ground ice doesn't stay out long at all, if you throw it, then block an immediate flying kick, it's gone by the time your enemy lands on it...disappointing, move is gonna have to be utilized differently I guess...although one time I threw it and it went expanding forward the entire length of the field, that was pretty awesome....not sure HOW I did that...
-------------

- Brett

what u did was the enhanced moves. it takes up one bar of the super meter at the bottom. u do those moves by doing the move but adding R2 to the face button. so as u would normally do, press the directional buttons then press R2 with the face button. so sub-zeros ice ball becomes an ice beam. it pretty awesome.

what u did was the enhanced moves. it takes up one bar of the super meter at the bottom. u do those moves by doing the move but adding R2 to the face button. so as u would normally do, press the directional buttons then press R2 with the face button. so sub-zeros ice ball becomes an ice beam. it pretty awesome.

Oh, I see, thanks for the clarification on that!

- Brett