Advertisement Within Posts?

10902SMOKE22234

I just went on the forum today and I noticed there were ads right in the posts that were made. Is there any way to disable this?

Pat has made no mention of it to us so I am not sure he even knows about it.

He will most likely be on at some point today and be able to say what's up. Thanks but having a terrible actress like Megan Fox polluting my posts is not something I look forward to each day.

Ad-Block ftw.

It pops up when I use my iPhone though.

Thanks for the support by blocking our ads. Ads help us be able to pay for server hosting costs. I personally would want less ads but that's not my call and these were added without my knowledge. I can also say I've never made $1 for the 16 years of Mortal Kombat coverage. Ads are to pay for server and various other costs to run the website, cover events, etc. Not to put money in my pocket as was claimed above.

BUT that said we shouldn't be showing registered users ads in posts. That's for guests to be annoyed by only, and I have fixed it so it doesn't happen anymore.

Last edited:
I did't mind most of the ads I had seen, I just wish we could have changed that Megan Fox one to Hugh Jackman.

I noticed it too. It's probably something that can be turned off. Hopefully..

If you look above I answered this:

1. Users will continue to see ads on the top and bottom of pages
2. Users will NOT see ads in the posts anymore, this was a mistake that is now corrected.
3. There is no option to turn off ALL ads, they are a required for us to keep the site online and pay for our server bills.

Thanks for the support by blocking our ads.

Gah! I knew you would say this. It's not that I don't want to support this site. I'd gladly donate a few bucks every month to keep my internet home alive.

I can't speak the same for the rest of the internet though.

I feel like a villain now.

I feel like a villain now.

Mission Accomplished. I really don't care what you do, I just want you and everyone else to understand why ads are a necessary evil.

One side effect from this being the best MK game yet is it's bringing in record numbers of users which is making our server melt down.

It's probably just a way for the site admins to start making money.

To the person who negative repped me with an "Ignorance is bliss" for this comment, I actually never expressed my stance on the situation. I've ran a site before and I know what it's like to shell out my own money for something non-profit. It's not something ideal but sometimes advertising is necessary to keep up a free service, and I actually agree with the ads being worked in. As a new member, it looks really bad to have someone assume your opinion on something.

Last edited: