IF Shao Khan is playable

War Eagle

This is a big if. A huge if, even. But IF he is playable (as a regular character and not as a boss), and Boon said bosses are not playable, what if we have someone else as the final boss?

I sure hope he isn't playable. Bosses are lame playable characters, and are usually a cheap way of winning. Unplayable bosses have an intimidating factor that makes them seem a lot more powerful and threatening. But, If... IF he is playable, he better have a different boss, like Raiden. I think good guys should fight Kahn and his minions, and bad guys should have to fight Raiden and his team. I always find it odd when good guys fight other good guys.

If hes not the boss of this game, I will boycott it. This is the reimagining of the beginning of the franchise, set between MK 1-3. Yeah, he better be the freaking boss and not reduced to a regular character.

I'm not sure who would be a final boss, but IF Shao Khan is not the boss (although I believe he is) then it better not be any of those post MKu3 abortions, I'd rather them attempt something new.

I'm not sure who would be a final boss, but IF Shao Khan is not the boss (although I believe he is) then it better not be any of those post MKu3 abortions, I'd rather them attempt something new.

Yeah, that was the gist of the first post...what if they throw a curve ball and we get someone new? I really doubt it, but it's fun to speculate on!

What I think will happen: Bosses will be unlockable, though it will be hard to unlock them. They will only be playable online if it is determined by the lobby creator that bosses are enabled and those games shall not be ranked.

I wouldn't have a problem with the bosses being playable as long as they're balanced properly, and not typical MK boss fare. Seriously, no MKA bullshit where they're going to be completely goddamned broken.

Well that info that surfaced in the european mag last week "confirmed" that he is playable (I still call BS on that article as a whole) but just because he has a confirmed fatality doesn't mean he's necesasrily playable...it might just be his unique fatality.

Boon DID say bosses are unplayable but I can easily see Shao Kahn being an unlockable character. Maybe for single player use only for balance issues. I could live with that.