Mini Game speculation

Ronster

Pong would be good albeit a graphical update on that one this time around, Space invaders I do not think will happen but.....Obviously mini games will not be revealed until later but do you think we might see a Williams Defender, HD/original remake included in Mortal Kombat 9 (2011)?

Midway had the rights to this title also.

That would be excellent if they included an arcade port of a classic title as some sort of mini game or diversionary reward just as they did with MK2(Pong) and UMK3(Galaxian). It's probable that if there are mini games however, that they will be new "kombat" oriented adaptations like we've seen in more recent games. Personally, I enjoyed the former but who knows what we might end up seeing this time around.

Besides Test Your Might and those others. (Might,Sight) I really do hope we can have pong. I aways loved playing Pong in MKT

That would be excellent if they included an arcade port of a classic title as some sort of mini game or diversionary reward just as they did with MK2(Pong) and UMK3(Galaxian). It's probable that if there are mini games however, that they will be new "kombat" oriented adaptations like we've seen in more recent games. Personally, I enjoyed the former but who knows what we might end up seeing this time around.

Midway Games, Inc. (formerly Midway Manufacturing) is an American corporation. Following a bankruptcy filing in 2009, it is currently liquidating all of its assets. Founded in 1958 as an amusement game manufacturer, it became a video game publisher and developer in 1973. Midway published and developed titles such as Mortal Kombat, Ms.Pac-Man, Spy Hunter, Tron, Rampage and NBA Jam. Midway also acquired the rights to video games that were originally developed by Williams Electronics and Atari Games, such as Defender, Joust, Robotron 2084, Gauntlet and the Rush series.

Tron is topical too but too out of character perhaps and bought out with the new movie/game release, robotron perhaps but we now have geometry wars or super stardust HD Joust, and rush sorry cannot remeber these ones, Rampage already available in HD, pacman done and is now licensed to namco space invaders done and licensed to taito... So that leaves williams Defender, is the only one not to recieve an updated version of an amazing classic....

If it happens I hope they use the shoulder buttons to turn left and right and not one key although it is part of the skill I guess

Last edited:
What about none of them? AT ALL???
With all the contents they are stuffing into MK9, is there still people willing to play some crappy minigame entertaining for like 2 seconds???

9:50 to around 11:10

Sorry to poop on your parade guys, but the likelihood of any minigames besides "Test Your Might"(which has been confirmed), is extremely slim.

Honestly, no mini games are necessary. I played the ones that Deception had maybe one time each, and wondered why they wasted their time with mini games when they could've made a better overall game.

I'm hoping for a hidden game of MKHD, just a single round is all you are given for playing 50 fights in a row. What a teaser that would be!

You know, now that I think about it. It'd be pretty cool if they had classic MK1 or MKII as the minigame....
It wouldn't detract from the overall gameplay, it's not too much memory, AND it still is ridiculously awesome.
I think it's a pretty win idea....

If the developers think outside the box, then they'll have many great mini game ideas for us. Remember this is a new game, anything is possible.

If there ever will be MKHD it won't be a hidden bonus, it will be marketed and sold by itself because that's how companies are nowadays.