MK Australia Banning Discussion

Re: hey guys Join our group on face book calling out against the banning of mk in AUS

I joined.

10 chars

Re: hey guys Join our group on face book calling out against the banning of mk in AUS

thanks mate!

suggest it to all your FB friends

Joined!! and now spreading through all groups on FB!!!
LIFT THE F@#$ING BAN!!!

thanks guys! this is just such bull shit

TOTAL bullshit!!!! I have been looking forward to this for an entire year!
I even had a bloody COUNT DOWN calendar! lol

same here man same here, I was counting it down hard core all my friends were....

this nation is a ****ing joke in this regard

Re: pathetic australlian banning reveals quanchi and kabal...more inside

no what i meant is if barakas fatality is simile to kabals in MK:D.... i dont understand this sentence construction... he impales the enemy with one blade and lifts "them" above his head?

no what i meant is if barakas fatality is simile to kabals in MK:D.... i dont understand this sentence construction... he impales the enemy with one blade and lifts "them" above his head?

It.s similar to one i saw in bloodrayne, Barka stabs the foe with one blade, he lift him above his head with that blade and odes somethign to make them spin while he's hlding them up there, then he takes his second blade and hoists it in the air to his spinning opponent and slices off their arms legs and head

From what I understood from its description it does not sound simillar to Kabal's MKD fatality either, I would say it starts like his MK2 fatality - he stabs opponent and lifts them above, then there's the new part.

Something simillar like this one, except different ending:

ok now i understood :) thx!

Living in this crappy country is and has always been a constant headache for me. I can't wait to move.

as an australian myself, i'm so pissed about the banning of MK here
but luckily for me, i have a brother who lives in england.. he's coming back here in about 2 - 3 weeks to attend a wedding and then he's back in the UK just around the time of the MK release.. I'm gonna give him some money, have him buy it and mail it to me..

he doesn't play video games anymore, but back in the day we were both die hard MK fans so I can't see him saying no :)

in germany theres a censorship too, games are even confiscated and banned by court but here you have no problem to buy the game via internet... AND... games can be only banned when they are released so you have to buy it as fast as you can

cant they just rate it an 18 ffs?... totally unreasonable to ban it??? there are plenty of 18 rated games and films in autralia aren't there?

are the odds of this happening in US 0%??? - surley so.... lol

Just sent the classification board a complaint thing

"Being a citizen of this country all my life. Having never done anything notably wrong by the law or in just general morality, I cannot understand why I and the rest of the free thinking adults of this country are being punished when it comes to the refusal of classification in video games.
Just today it has been announced that Mortal Kombat, a video game from a series of games I have enjoyed playing since it's first release nearly 20 years ago has been refused classification here in Australia. For I understand it's graphic and violent content, it is beyond childish to believe this game is to be banned for being a danger when many other games of equal or greater violent content is so freely sold throughout the country. This violent video game argument is a joke and has gone on long enough. I believe everyone at the classification board knows this and if they honestly think otherwise they should look into acquiring some actual skills in observation, for I have never seen nor heard of anyone who has been provoked into killing via hook swords because it happened in a video game. And if it did, would you really hold the game at fault? People do have minds of their own you realize?
For I doubt this 'enquiry' will be either read or listened to as the grown ups of this country clearly haven't ever been heard in this case over the last few years. I'm just not ok with letting this go unheard. With a country where the number 1 hobby amongst people my age is binge drinking and getting into 'real' trouble I figured playing a video game wouldn't be such a big deal. And to those who actually think about it. It's not.
Please reconsider this decision. You are not protecting anyone."

Couldn't help but be a bit snide. But seriously, I think I had plenty of reason.

the fact that this is happening makes me wonder if this game will really be a serious 'tournament' worthy game. I hope it is.
Im all for the gore and violence, because it is mortal kombat - but i just hope it is still able to be played competitivley at events.

I joined! I hope you guys can get the game, I can't imagine how heart broken you all feel D: