The story line of Mortal Kombat after MK2011

GOBBLESNOOFERS

I've thought about this a few times, I'm thinking that they are covering MK1-3 in one game so they can start the next one off fresh, and it's when we will start to see a lot of new faces. I'm not sure if they plan to just redo the story line, but It would make sense for Shao Kahn to die at the end of this game and someone new takes over for a while. Do you guys think they are going to stay close to the old school story line or start fresh?

They will stay close but with a few big twist me thinks. Also I remember they said people who died in the original story line will now survive (they're talking about Cage and Kang). I think they might actually start fresh from after MK4's storyline since a lot of people me included found the story of MK DA - MKA to be very lets say crappy. Just my thoughts.

Maybe they'll do what Tekken did? bring all the characters in for 1 epic game (Tag Tournament and Armageddon) then drop half the cast and bring in completely new characters (Tekken 4 and Mortal Kombat 9) starting a new generation of fighters for the future games and have the older dropped characters pop up occasionally in future games until another big epic game pops up and a new generation of fighter game characters appear again.

I just hope we have the newer characters but re-vamped. So they have new moves and new looks. Like recreating a new character in an old and sucky character. But Shinnok and Kenshi and some cool people must be fixed too. Even though they were never broken.