MK Arcade Buzz?

ElderGodRy

I posted a forum topic yesterday but I have a non-related question so I figured I'd make a new post.. I just bought a MK2 arcade in a deticated cab. I notice that there is a slight buzz coming out of the speakers. Not loud enough to notice while playing the game (even on a very low volume setting) but I can hear it once I turn the machine on (after that loud "Ding" sound). It originally had the ground prong missing from the power cable so I put on a new 3 prong end and it didnt fix the issue. I was wondering if there might be a problem or an electronic component in need of replacing or cleaning, or if it's just the normal sound these machines make. Maybe the speakers are picking up a 60-cycle hum from the monitor? It's just something I'm curious about. If It is fixable I'll probably get it fixed but I wont be in a huge hurry to do so.

Thanks all!
Ryan

From the title I thought there was "buzz" that MK9 would be released in arcades. DAMN YOUS!

Haha if so I wouldn't be posting it in the MK2 section.. But MK9 should be produced for arcade. Even if it's just a limited run.. I'd save up for one..... I think... As long as it wasn't $7,000 :)

Well aren't you a very lucky bastard. I wish I had a arcade.

I've wanted one since I was 8-years-old. I used to ask my family to skip any christmas and birthday presents for 5-10 years and just buy me a Mortal Kombat 2 arcade. Haha. They obviously said "no" so I took matters into my own hands 20 years later. You'll get your arcade(s) one day. If you want them bad enough. =)

I've wanted one since I was 8-years-old. I used to ask my family to skip any christmas and birthday presents for 5-10 years and just buy me a Mortal Kombat 2 arcade. Haha. They obviously said "no" so I took matters into my own hands 20 years later. You'll get your arcade(s) one day. If you want them bad enough. =)

I want a MAME where it has MK1-MK2-UMK3-MK4.

Haha if so I wouldn't be posting it in the MK2 section.. But MK9 should be produced for arcade. Even if it's just a limited run.. I'd save up for one..... I think... As long as it wasn't $7,000 :)

$7,000 would be on the low side these days. If MK9 was made into an arcade game, chances are it would need a dedicated cabinet and an HD monitor. Both Tekken 6 and SF4 were over $10k in arcades (when they were new). Although this is partly due to the fact that you couldn't get a board for T6, you had to buy the full cabinet for it. On the other side of the coin, the high end cabinets for both games cost in excess of $30k brand new.

I used to have an MK1 arcade cabinet, but after moving with it twice I decided I was better off selling it.

I want a MAME where it has MK1-MK2-UMK3-MK4.

Nice! I have a Mame box I built.. It has all the MKs on it. It's the best thing anyone could ever put in their home. Cool thing is you can start building it in pieces... Start with a computer that runs most or all Mame games. Then get an X-Arcade tank stick.. play around with that for a while untill you have enough to buy an X-Arcade cabinet (I think I paid like $500 for mine shipped). Then comes the fun part.. Get a front-end software and plug in all your games. I have 128 games on mine and It took me a whole day to put them in, set up all the buttons, record a short video of each game for the front end.. Best time and money I ever spent.. I hope you end up with your arcade soon man! Good luck

$7,000 would be on the low side these days. If MK9 was made into an arcade game, chances are it would need a dedicated cabinet and an HD monitor. Both Tekken 6 and SF4 were over $10k in arcades (when they were new). Although this is partly due to the fact that you couldn't get a board for T6, you had to buy the full cabinet for it. On the other side of the coin, the high end cabinets for both games cost in excess of $30k brand new.

I used to have an MK1 arcade cabinet, but after moving with it twice I decided I was better off selling it.

Yeah I bet I'd want to sell any arcades I had before moving them! Haha. Thats good insight to the prices of the newer arcades... I'm not about to sell my car in order to have a new MK arcade. I think I'd just rather put my PS3 inside my Mame box for a few months. =)

Nice! I have a Mame box I built.. It has all the MKs on it. It's the best thing anyone could ever put in their home. Cool thing is you can start building it in pieces... Start with a computer that runs most or all Mame games. Then get an X-Arcade tank stick.. play around with that for a while untill you have enough to buy an X-Arcade cabinet (I think I paid like $500 for mine shipped). Then comes the fun part.. Get a front-end software and plug in all your games. I have 128 games on mine and It took me a whole day to put them in, set up all the buttons, record a short video of each game for the front end.. Best time and money I ever spent.. I hope you end up with your arcade soon man! Good luck
WOW!!! You are lucky. Are you selling the MAME?

Did the new PSU fix the slight buzz cause i have a buzz also in my MK 2 cab and it sounds identical to yours

still cant believe i got one in this day in age in flawless condition for only 200$

Did the new PSU fix the slight buzz cause i have a buzz also in my MK 2 cab and it sounds identical to yours

still cant believe i got one in this day in age in flawless condition for only 200$

Yes sorry for the delay. I fixed this issue by buying a new sound pcb off ebay. Fixed the buzzing

The buzz is caused by bad caps. You could have replaced them a saved yourself some cash.

That's what I figured the problem was. I still have the old sound board and I've been planning on re-capping it but it's low priority for me now that I have a working one.