Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Krypt & Options

Xbox Live
    JohnnylCage
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Krypt & Options

The Krypt
    The Krypt should have more in it other than what the older games had it them. Unlocking extra stages,outfit,videos,classic background music,classic announcer`s etc.
    If there is more than 3 outfits per characters you should be able to go in the Krypt and select which one you wish to use as a alternative outfit of course by pressing start on the character.

There should also be Theater Mode where you can watch your fights and share them on you profile.

Also Bio and Character viewer from MK Vs. DC.

And lastly the ending`s should be same as they where on MK Vs. DC.

I know this is short but i have alot more i want to share i just want to see what you guys come up with and i`m sorry if this has been made on the forums already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: The Krypt & Options

I am very excited for the krypt, your ideas seem cool! i love unlocking a grave, so exciting.

PSN
    anizzle1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Agreed 100%! LOTS AND LOTS OF EXTRAS!

I want a Krypt with lots of costumes,art,and stuff
    Konquest with alot of gameplay
    Theater Mode where you save games and see bios/ending.

Xbox Live
    OrbOfUncreation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can only imagine how much stuff they hid in the new Krypt.
    Ed Boon said it was gonna be bigger then everything seen before and with a new currency system, definitely curious about!

Twitter
    @VictorMefer
    PSN
    VictorMefer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

More than 3 outfits per characters?? And I was thinking it was awesome they'd have like 3, two in-game and one DLC at least.

Those ideas are cool, except for the ending. I think they should be like the vignettes. Of course, I'd prefer them to be CGI, but that's probably not gonna happen.

Tarkatan Warrior
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

being very new to the series i would love character bio's and lore about the series since its ment to be a tribute to the first 3(kinda)

Ruler of NetherRealm Aldo Moreno's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Asm_254
    PSN
    Asm_Liu_Kang_254
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I always hated the empty ones from MKDA.

Quote Originally Posted by newbie1556 View Post
    being very new to the series i would love character bio's and lore about the series since its ment to be a tribute to the first 3(kinda)
    Welcome my friend. Mortal Kombat is a good series. You will realize it is better than all fighting games storywise. Have you played any MK games before?
    The Emperor, Liu Kang.

Xbox Live
    OrbOfUncreation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool idea.
    I hope this time they'll finally expand every character's background with exhaustive bios and fill every gap/hole in the plot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If NRS is gonna keep the core game all "Serious Business" and "Dark and Gritty"
    i think the krypt should be the place where they go all out and just have some fun for fun sake

Tarkatan Warrior
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Moreno View Post
    I always hated the empty ones from MKDA.

Welcome my friend. Mortal Kombat is a good series. You will realize it is better than all fighting games storywise. Have you played any MK games before?
    thank you alot for the warm welcome, i never even looked up the Mortal Kombat series untill yesterday so im kinda very behind :P but im going to pre order the 9th tomorrow and cant wait for it, and thanks orbofuncreation i love games with lots of history and bios and such such as when sporting games have lots of videos you can unlock about the greatest moments of that sport i know thats a totally diffrent thing than this but still i love extra's anyways

Xbox Live
    OrbOfUncreation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thank you alot for the warm welcome, i never even looked up the Mortal Kombat series untill yesterday so im kinda very behind :P but im going to pre order the 9th tomorrow and cant wait for it, and thanks orbofuncreation i love games with lots of history and bios and such such as when sporting games have lots of videos you can unlock about the greatest moments of that sport i know thats a totally diffrent thing than this but still i love extra's anyways
    I think MK9 will be the best introduction for you into the MK universe since it will have characters, setting and gameplay from the golden age pushed to the max.
    If you'll get deep into it as I did back in 1992/93, then you are going to be crazy!

Ruler of NetherRealm Aldo Moreno's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Asm_254
    PSN
    Asm_Liu_Kang_254
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Well you kame in just in time as the series is being rebooted kause they messed up with the story after MK4.
    The Emperor, Liu Kang.

Tarkatan Warrior
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orbofuncreation View Post
    I think MK9 will be the best introduction for you into the MK universe since it will have characters, setting and gameplay from the golden age pushed to the max.
    If you'll get deep into it as I did back in 1992/93, then you are going to be crazy!
    i was about 4 year old back in 92 :P as soon as i started reading about the characters in the game(which are the most important part of the game to me) the first character i looked up was a cyborg ninja.........ninja's are amazing on their own but nothing beats a cyborg ninja :P im lucky i started looking it up recently because this game does seem to be the perfect introduction to the series(well apart from the first game) so thanks and Aldo Moreno how did they mess up the storyline?

also i dont know if this is part of the Krypt mode but i wouldnt mind a CPU vs CPU mode in this game
    Last edited by newbie1556; 02-13-2011 at 10:35 PM.

Xbox Live
    CoxisMan81
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hope they don't fill The Krypt with dumb useless shit like they did in MKDA. I don't mind something like a blooper reel for instance. But "Cooking with Scorpion"? Thanks but no thanks.

The question is, how much will NRS be allowed or consider to hide in The Krypt since it won't be paid DLC? And that's assuming everything inside The Krypt will be free since they can very well add an option in the main menu to jump to PSN or the XBL Marketplace.

Special Forces Agent nemesiswontdie's Avatar
    PSN
    nemesiswontdie
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
    I hope they don't fill The Krypt with dumb useless shit like they did in MKDA. I don't mind something like a blooper reel for instance. But "Cooking with Scorpion"? Thanks but no thanks.
    I liked Cooking With Scorpion. It was completely random and gave me some good laughs.

Xbox Live
    CoxisMan81
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I liked Cooking With Scorpion. It was completely random and gave me some good laughs.
    I smiled at it but didn't laugh. Now, something like "A Night Out with Mileena" and/or "Johnny Cage in Your Face" would be great because those two ruled.

They should make similar videos like those about Kitana and her fans or Nightwolf and his axes/hatchets.

Tarkatan Warrior GOBBLESNOOFERS's Avatar
    Xbox Live
    GOBBLESNOOFERS
    PSN
    GOBBLESNOOFERS
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think going to the Krypt to choose which kostume you want to use as you alt is a terrible idea sorry, I think picking your kharacter then picking the kostume is how that should be dealt. Thats the only disagreement with your statement though :D I am incredibly excited for krypt other then the achievement/trophy we all know will happen for unlocking krypt 100%

Tarkatan Warrior
    Xbox Live
    Matty aka Matty
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I remember Ed Boon said you could hand out respect points in online matches and players could earn achievements and trophies with them. Wonder if you can also use those in the Krypt. Would make sense.

Xbox Live
    USSCrazybat
    PSN
    USSCrazybat
    Steam
    TheSecretLol
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i'm all up for the huge krypt, but not the single-frame endings from MK VS DC. I read some where that the endings would be animated - so that means they are either CGI endings or anime endings - that would be pretty unique and kool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One thing i miss is a vs. Cpu mode, where you choose who you will fight against

My first post here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information