What was your favorite and least favorite change to MK characters?

MikeyMK

What was your favorite and least favorite change made to MK characters from MK4-MKA?

My favorite was either Scorpion or Sub-Zero because with every game, they would have a drastic change in costume.
My least favorite was Liu Kang dying then becoming a zombie.

My favorite change was the Lin Kuei Sub-Zero armor in MK:D my least favorite change...uhm...
versus.png

Favorite the Evolution of Reptile and in that case how every Character becoming a little more unique!!
Least is Shao Khan becoming equal with everyone (playable and so on) i like him more as the baddest Boss ever

Favorite was the inclusion of the Krypt, Konquest and Breaker.
Least favorite is the kharacters. Drahmin, Nitara etc.

Most favorite khange was how Sub-Zero had icy arms. I love that koncept.

And my least favorite was Liu Kang bekoming a zombie.

Best thing, creating classic timeless characters like Kenshi and Bo' Rai Cho.

Least favorite thing, Liu Kang dying and them removing Fujin & Reiko.

Aldo, I love your little quirk with changing c's to k's, but come on, "khange" doesn't even make sense.

For me, I loved how they took the ninja's who story-wise have no business being in ninja suits and changed them into other things...

Least favorite... probably MKDA Jax as someone else said. He just looks silly.

ever since MKT (which came out before MK4 i suppose) i don't have much favorite changes...its like every second thing annoyed me, MK4 those stupid weapons and ability to pick up things from the floor, the same stun/dizzy animations for all characters (a small thing, but still...), general characters design (it looked like they all made out of paper and cut...) and such...in fact i liked MKDA changes MUCH more than MK4 changes...new modes, characters designs still somewhat acceptable (not mind blowing but still better than most of MK4 ones...) and so on...MKD was ok, but not better than deadly alliance, except Sonya's outfit were changed for good, MKA is poor crap, nothing impressed me there, not KAF, not Konquest, not those silly Motor Kombat game and finally MKvsDC is...- well...no comments...and after MK becoming worse and worse with each game finally we got something that i call the beacon of light...a new and completely revamped MK game MK 2011 (or 9 if you like...) which has yet the least of those flaws from previous games and kept maximum factor of balance between strong violence and pure fun, both of which are put in considerably high stakes now...i can't really think of any downers except two small, very small things - 1.characters still shre the same dizzy/stun animation (kind of lazy on WB and Boon team's part...), 2.female fighters look a bit like hookers now (no jokes about my nickname please ^^) i mean like high hills + exposed bodies...well mileena is supposed to look much like seductive and exposed, but not others...other than all that its nearly perfect!

...and on the subject of the question...yes! i have characters, changes of which i don't like and its Reptile, with every single game he's getting worse and worse (not a fan of his lizard looks...), also Cyrax could be much better...as for others they're alright...as for favorite changes, like i said i don't have characters, changes of which i'd welcome, not even single example, i like it all classic way...as classic as possible...back to the early-mid 90's...a bit silly, a bit cheesy etc...all those bits, what made them perfect actually...

Last edited:
I hate:

Jax getting metal arms.
Sektor falling into obscurity.
Shang Tsung NEVER winning anything.
Scorpion never avenging his family.
Sub-zero becoming a goody goody.
Shujinko getting replaced by Taven.
Kai becoming a thug look a like in Armageddon.

I luz:
Sektor taking the Lin Kuei.
Shang Tsung's mk9 ending.
Shujinko's story.
Scorpion almost sparing Bi Han.
Everyone's costume in MKSM.

My favorite changes were,
Sub Zero getting the cryomancer ice arms
Smoke becoming a cyborg
Dark Raiden

Least Favorite,
Dinosaur Reptile
Blaze becoming a big ugly boss guy
Motaro magically missing 2 of his legs
MK:A conquest being changed from open world

I despise how in Shaolin Monks onward they changed Kung Lao's personality.

I preferred him a lot more as the mysterious, peaceful Shaolin Monk who only fights when absolutely needed, instead of being all c*cky and jealous like in MK9 and Shaolin Monks.

And I also dislike Mileena in MK9, she was great in Deception, but I just hate how slutty she acted in MK9, it was a pretty big turn-off, in my opinion.

But I fell in love with Ermac's revamp into a good guy in Deception, and his MK9 ending.

Also, Shang Tsung's, Sub-Zero's, Sektor's, Cyrax's and Johnny Cage's MK9 endings are probably my favorite endings from that game. Shang being the anti-hero, Johnny Cage turning into something more than what he's been in the past, Sub-Zero and Scorpion teaming up, Cyrax becoming a Shaolin Monk, Sektor acquiring leadership of the Lin Kuei and having a bigger antagonist role, and Liu Kang acquiring god like power and being the villain for once would have been some incredible twists if they actually happened

I hate:

Scorpion never avenging his family.

I'm going to have to agree with you there. Since the game is going on an alternative timeline now, I'm hoping that in MK10 Scorpion realizes that it was Quan Chi who was at fault for the destruction of the Shirai-Ryu. Hopefully things get a little "Toasty" for Quan Chi, if you catch my drift.

I have to say I like the costume changes throughout the series for a few of the characters. For example, Noob's design is much more detailed now. I have to say that alot of the ladies look like streetwalkers, especially Mileena (sorry Milly).

A strong dislike that I had was Kuai Liang becoming a cyborg instead of Smoke. Yes, I more than realize that the latest game was in an alternative timeline, but that still eats at me. I also hate Kitana's new design (face). She looks...weird.

Favorite: Hard to pin down...I guess I'd go with the addition of the Krypt. It really gave me a goal to work towards, and I'm a little annoyed I was able to unlock the entire Krypt in MK9 before even getting all of the kombatants' endings.

Least favorite: The evolution of Reptile. I always have and always will prefer his human ninja look.

Favorite change: the different alts. for each character, looks cool

Least favorite change: Ninjas got classic looks, some of the characters didn't get any retros

Least:
- Reptile's dinosaur look.
- Some characters looked a lot older.
- Tanya's manly voice from MKD. (Though, I started to get used to it.)
- Zombie Liu Kang (The zombie should've been someone less important like Mavado, Mokap, or Hsu Hao.)
- Two legged Motaro!!!
- Transparent (see-through) colors of Chameleon, Khameleon, and Smoke.

Favorite:
- Mileena's MKD looks.
- Jade's MKD looks.
- Kitana's MKDA look.
- Tanya's first appearance.
- Li Mei's second body in MKD. (Li Mei's soul was transferred to another corpse in MKDA by Shang Tsung's and Quan Chi's powers.)