There will be two versions of the Rooftop

...well no offense but those pic reminds of Marvel's daily buggle building rooftops...only with burning and damaged buildings...

Marvel doesn´t exist to me…

The day level fits perfectly to me… because it gives realism to the saga…

I get your point of that every scenario should be dark and with a mark of evil, but I don’t agree with you at all.

Outworld it’s the really obscure place that brings the dark everywhere, and some other examples as Netherrealm could be done.
Earthrealm locations have another hue… the darkest of all them could be located in Shang Tsung island, and by far it could be “Goro’s Lair”. However, Earthrealm in a normal city shouldn’t be different of what a normal city already is… and the idea of represent Earthrealm as the actual Earth, looking like a normal big city and streets in a normal daylight… and that suddenly is suffering a huge and unexplainable invasion gives to me a great sensation of realism… I love the transformation from this normal city being just attacked, with the sound of sirens and maybe some helicopters flying around, looking like a city under war attack, to a far more darker place with the seal of Outworld completely impregnated, with dragons flying around and with low hope for mankind.

I love the nuance and I think that it’s absolutely necessary have them both... and I think that comparing a realistic city full of desperate Earthlings being attacked by dragons and Outworld forces, with a crappy doll parade, is incompatible.

Re: UPDATED: There will be two versions of the Rooftop

I'm sure many of you have noticed that they shown us two versions of the Rooftops.

There will be one Rooftop day (I assume that when Kahn's invasion is just starting)...

And Rooftop night... where we will see a more advanced level of merging of Earthrealm with outworld.

In the 2nd one the water tower dissapears and the building far behind has now a dragon mounted on it.

Just see the circles that I marked to notice the differences and similarities.

:)

UPDATE:
The stage wont change during the battle don't insist!!!!

In Liu Kang's vignette, at the battle intro of Liu Kang, the scenario it's already invaded. In Kung Lao's intro in MK first trailer, the scenario isn't invaded... in both moments, the battle is just starting... stop doing useless assumptions.

The two scenarions will be in the game.. it's not a replace... the sound leak of the OST called the track roofday so it's clear that it will be a darker theme called roofnite...

The most probably is that in Vs mode we will be able to choose the Rooftop and depending of what button you use to select the stage, it will appear Rooftop in day or Rooftop invaded.

rooftop.jpg

roofdaynight.jpg

roofcompare.jpg

jadea.jpg

very nice presentation. +rep

First off, kudos ( +1 rep) for going through the work and pointing out the changes and such.

Second off, I agree they will be two different stages. In story mode, you will most likely fight on the pre-invasion then the invasion one or vice versa depending on how the story goes. Backgrounds have to play a key in showing destruction and transition for story mode, not just cutscenes, so I don't think the pre-invasion one is just the beginning build. They are just two different stages to fight on.

very nice presentation. +rep

+rep Nice work, I was thinking the say was just an early build, but then the pic with Jade and Kitana showed a recent image of the day rooftops. I am sure there will be a night/day rooftops.

thanks ^^
Glad u enjoy it