There will be two versions of the Rooftop

I love how you noticed that! Yes I hope they are different. They are cool levels both of them, but dark looks amzing. I also hope that there is a seperate invasion stage for the Streets maybe.

I love how you noticed that! Yes I hope they are different. They are cool levels both of them, but dark looks amzing. I also hope that there is a seperate invasion stage for the Streets maybe.

That would be really awesome :)

First off, kudos ( +1 rep) for going through the work and pointing out the changes and such.

Second off, I agree they will be two different stages. In story mode, you will most likely fight on the pre-invasion then the invasion one or vice versa depending on how the story goes. Backgrounds have to play a key in showing destruction and transition for story mode, not just cutscenes, so I don't think the pre-invasion one is just the beginning build. They are just two different stages to fight on.

If this is the Rooftop, I hope they either take the portal out, or put it farther in the background. I want to have a scenic view of the chaos, but the portal partially blocks it.

It's wayyyyy more likely that the first version we have seen is just the early stages of the final build.

Look at the post above yours. RodozUl explained why it's two separate stages.

There are some of you saying that it might appear randomly the day or night stage when we select the rooftop, or that selecting it with another button will change the version. Why can't there be two slots, one saying Roof - Day and other saying Roof - Night? It makes more sense like that IMO.

Re: UPDATED: There will be two versions of the Rooftop

I'm sure many of you have noticed that they shown us two versions of the Rooftops.

There will be one Rooftop day (I assume that when Kahn's invasion is just starting)...

And Rooftop night... where we will see a more advanced level of merging of Earthrealm with outworld.

In the 2nd one the water tower dissapears and the building far behind has now a dragon mounted on it.

Just see the circles that I marked to notice the differences and similarities.

:)

UPDATE:
The stage wont change during the battle don't insist!!!!

In Liu Kang's vignette, at the battle intro of Liu Kang, the scenario it's already invaded. In Kung Lao's intro in MK first trailer, the scenario isn't invaded... in both moments, the battle is just starting... stop doing useless assumptions.

The two scenarions will be in the game.. it's not a replace... the sound leak of the OST called the track roofday so it's clear that it will be a darker theme called roofnite...

The most probably is that in Vs mode we will be able to choose the Rooftop and depending of what button you use to select the stage, it will appear Rooftop in day or Rooftop invaded.

rooftop.jpg

roofdaynight.jpg

roofcompare.jpg

I would rather have the Soul Chamber instead of the day rooftop I hope its not taking up a slot. great post.

soul chamber and the flesh pits are the same thing if u guys didnt know....

anyway i like the rooftop stage when outworld invades the other not so much but i havnt seen enough of it to truely judge whether i like it or not same with the street

I think there will be two versions as well. I thought in Liu Kang's vignette that stage was the portal. But I was very wrong.

I like this idea of choosing which stage you want to fight on. Hopefully NRS allows us to choose.

...hmm i don't really like Rooftops day version, but i do like night (or whatver it is) version of this stage...if its even Rooftops stage at all, which is i still highly doubt...

Well in the gameinformer magazine there was a pic of jade fighting kitana on the DAY version of the rooftop so i think it is safe to say that there are in fact TWO versions of the rooftop which is awesome. And everyone says they dont like the day version but all we've seen of the day version is that one section in the left corner, we dont know what the whole stage looks like.

Imagine if there were helicopters flying around stuff like that. That would be crazy.

Well in the gameinformer magazine there was a pic of jade fighting kitana on the DAY version of the rooftop so i think it is safe to say that there are in fact TWO versions of the rooftop which is awesome. And everyone says they dont like the day version but all we've seen of the day version is that one section in the left corner, we dont know what the whole stage looks like.

Imagine if there were helicopters flying around stuff like that. That would be crazy.

...i don't personally like whole this urban routine as for stages atmosphere...it should remain somewhat authentic somewhat psychodelic and somewhat esoteric...all those high buildings and other city elements just spoil those feeling for me...

...i don't personally like whole this urban routine as for stages atmosphere...it should remain somewhat authentic somewhat psychodelic and somewhat esoteric...all those high buildings and other city elements just spoil those feeling for me...

Thats what i like about MK is the variety of enviroments to fight on. Each of the first three games had a unique feel to it.

MK1=Asian mysticism, shaolin tournament, kung fu vibe to it, you had the courtyard, warrior shrine
MK2=More supernatural with more magical environments and horror elements, you had dead pool, living forest
MK3=More urban environment, you had a bank, rooftops, streets, subway, a dam,

Every game felt unique while still containing that MK feel

Thats what i like about MK is the variety of enviroments to fight on. Each of the first three games had a unique feel to it.

MK1=Asian mysticism, shaolin tournament, kung fu vibe to it, you had the courtyard, warrior shrine
MK2=More supernatural with more magical environments and horror elements, you had dead pool, living forest
MK3=More urban environment, you had a bank, rooftops, streets, subway, a dam,

Every game felt unique while still containing that MK feel

...like is said i'm all for the variety, but i'm just not digging those urban idea...that just doesn't quite fit MK in how i personally see it or how it's originally intended...as for all those banks, roads etc its just doesn't feel right...

stop doing useless assumptions
I think that what you fail to realize is that everything we are doing up until April 19th IS a useless assumption. Every assumption we make from here on out may as well be useless. We have no idea what NRS is up to,(ESPECIALLY with the amount of info they've been releasing.).