Kano a full Body Cyborg

BAC05

I was watching the Liu Kang vid and couldn't help but notice that Kanos Grieves Look almost robotic.

Call me crazy but I can see a twist in the MK story making Kano a full blown cyborg. I can see jax feuding with kano and with every meeting being a stale mate. To get the upper hand jax and kano keep getting robotic upgrades in order to finally take the other out. They go so far into body modification that they become complete cyborgs.

No longer human and realizing that neither one of them are able to finish off each other they team up together in order to knock off everyone in the tournament including Shao Kahn. They pair up with cyrax and sekktor to get the job done, making a new clan in the process.

I know it's far fetched but this could be an interesting branch of the MK story.

Thoughts?

If you like +Rep would be MUCH appreciated. :)

Nice idea, but I don't think they will be changing the story THAT much. And I'm not too fond of everyone's idea of changing [insert name here] into a cyborg or [insert name here] into a cyborg. We have like 4 already, that's plenty for me. Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
I don't know.I'm one of those people who's willing 2 have the storyline changed drastically, providing it's still a great game to play.I've though it would be cool for Sub-Zero to become a cyborg,since it's the most logical,but I think it'd be just as cool to see anyone one else become a cyborg,no matter how unreasonable it may seem.

why are ppl so obsessed with characters turning into cyborgs? Kano, Jax, Sub-Zero... leave them be!

I'm not obsessed with these characters becoming cyborg. I'm just sharing the fact that cyborg kano would be plausible. He's already half way there. Totally reconstructing himself wouldn't be so far fetched.

why are ppl so obsessed with characters turning into cyborgs? Kano, Jax, Sub-Zero... leave them be!

THIS.

Enough with the ninjas and cyborgs, let's get CREATIVE. Kano is fine the way he is right now, there is no need to make the guy a cyborg, that would suck.

I'm assuming that him having a prosthetic eye is what you based this conclusion on? That's rather ridiculous.

No. No, no, a thousand times no.

I blame Ed Boon (at least I think it was him who brought it up initially) for all this weird speculation on characters turning into cyborgs. Granted, I'd like to see fresh takes on the characters, but not full-on revamping of what they basically are.

What MK needs is new characters. Fresh blood (for the love of god, there is NO pun there).

Agreed with Doc, chood1994 and Jade. Too many people took Boon's comment out of proportion and even went as far as saying that one of the main faces of the franchise (sub-zero) could turn cyborg. Seriously guys, drop this whole "what if this turns cyborg", "what if this becomes this" threads for the characters, wait for more info or release time, then speculate on relevant things.

wow give the guy a break. I see his point with the whole rivalry for kano trying to get the upper hand over jax, even though i think the rest was a bit much. Considering no one here has a clue what will happen in the story, who is to say that it won't happen? I'm not crazy about the whole "turning people into cyborgs thing" either but given that Ed Boon hinted at it and the different ways the story could turn out, it was reasonable to speculate. Even with the subzero story, all that needed to happen was for him not to be able to escape the lin kuei this time around. We also use to believe that both brothers could possibly be seperate characters which would make it more plausible. That situation has been cleared up however and i like the direction that it's taken, but there no reason to be as rude as many of you were for him stating a possible idea. Say what you will but it was unnecessary.

I myself would like an interesting drastic change in the storyline. The cyborg thing is starting to get redundant. I don't want Kano to be a cyborg at all because he was a pretty sheisty person by nature. Making him a cyborg would kill his personality. The only characters that I would even accept being a cyborg this time around would be one of the Subzeros which we know isn't going to happen. I don't even want Cyborg Smoke, prefer him to be human.

I'm more interested in seeing human versions of the cyborgs we haven't seen yet. If they did a sub cyborg etc as DLC I wouldn't necessarily be against it though. I want them to do some totally new characters not based at all on the current roster though.

And no, Kano didn't look like a full cyborg in the video at all.

wow give the guy a break. I see his point with the whole rivalry for kano trying to get the upper hand over jax, even though i think the rest was a bit much. Considering no one here has a clue what will happen in the story, who is to say that it won't happen? I'm not crazy about the whole "turning people into cyborgs thing" either but given that Ed Boon hinted at it and the different ways the story could turn out, it was reasonable to speculate. Even with the subzero story, all that needed to happen was for him not to be able to escape the lin kuei this time around. We also use to believe that both brothers could possibly be seperate characters which would make it more plausible. That situation has been cleared up however and i like the direction that it's taken, but there no reason to be as rude as many of you were for him stating a possible idea. Say what you will but it was unnecessary.

Thanks for the understanding.

Let's all hug and move on, no one was being rude, people just stated that they didn't like the idea. No one called anyone names or anything and people are free to disagree with the idea. Thanks.

=)

I don't like the whole cyborg thing either, but the only one that I would have accepted as a partial-cyborg, would have been Jax.

As I've stated in the Jax thread; his metal arms and tubes coming out of his neck, make him a possible candidate to be somewhat cybernetic.

Other than that, I think that we're fine with the cyborgs we already have.