Pro Gun Anti-Gun

I just don't see how switching to melee weapons affects the ability to wreak random violence.

I mean I could F some people up with my claw hammer pretty easily.

I just don't see how switching to melee weapons affects the ability to wreak random violence.

I mean I could F some people up with my claw hammer pretty easily.

Not nearly as many with an uzi, or even a pistol.
Besides, I was talking about melee weapons for military and police personnel.
Not for EVERYONE.

Okay, so lets say I'm having a bad day and I'm a cop, how does that stop me from f-ing you and your family up with my claw-hammer and pepper spray?

I like guns and I would definitely go shoot at a range if I ever got the chance but at the same time, I really don't think people should have/own guns. The majority of people out there are absolutely not responsible enough and I think guns should only be owned by people that rely on them for their profession and even they should only be able to have one while on the job. I have spoken.

This is pretty much exactly what I think. +1 rep.

I've been shooting for about 24yrs now and I absolutely love guns. I've amassed a nice collection over the years and my weekends wouldn't be complete without a trip to the range followed by some nice steaks. I hope that they were better regulated and that no individual with any type of criminal record should own one, that goes for any mentally unstable person as well. Bottom line is that as with any tool carrying the potential for harm, the responsibility falls to the owner to maintain absolute safety. Shoot safe and enjoy! Theres no feeling that can compare to relieving a long stressful weekend behind the muzzle of a 50cal.

I hope that they were better regulated and that no individual with any type of criminal record should own one, that goes for any mentally unstable person as well.

The problem with that is, people can become unstable and get criminal records at any point. There are people who have purchased a gun for the right reasons but once they got that power in their hands, they used it for the wrong reasons, so it is hard to really narrow down anyone.

Anyways, people are the problem, not guns. People always blame the gun but never remember you need a person to pull the trigger.

The problem with that is, people can become unstable and get criminal records at any point. There are people who have purchased a gun for the right reasons but once they got that power in their hands, they used it for the wrong reasons, so it is hard to really narrow down anyone.

Anyways, people are the problem, not guns. People always blame the gun but never remember you need a person to pull the trigger.

You're absolutely right Jade. Whether is a gun, bow and arrow, knife or just a stick, humans throughout history have always found a way to hurt others. I think we're smart enough to know the consequences of our actions...but then again, the stupidity of man will never seize to amaze me.

^ haha, so true.

Plus, look at all these kids who get a hold of a weapon that was not properly put away and is fully loaded and doesn't even have the safety on.

A guy was shot and killed because he used the last of his room mate's toilet paper. Things like that just make your jaw drop. Society in this day and age can't handle weapons.

So you're saying society in some other age could?

What were they better able to handle weapons and not kill each other over stupid stuff in the dark ages or something?

I think what we're trying to say is that the toilet changes, but the s--t doesn't. Its more prevalent now because of the increased ease of use and access to firearms, as well as media coverage. But, man has always been man...modern society just has allowed it to be more retarded.

It doesn't matter if we make them illegal or ban them, some idiot will always find a way to get them here and sell them so until the day that I don't have to worry about that comes, I will always have my .45.

So you're saying society in some other age could?

What were they better able to handle weapons and not kill each other over stupid stuff in the dark ages or something?

No, that isn't what I was implying whatsoever.

There have always been messed up people in this world, but, people now are way worse than they have been in a while (since I have been alive). I have always lived in the city and, when I was a kid, we used to be able to leave our front door open without worrying about it. We closed the screen door, went in the basement, went in the backyard, whatever, and we didn't have to watch the door. The entire street was like that. Do that now and see how much furniture you have left. People have gotten more violent than they have been in the last 20 years.

I like guns and I would definitely go shoot at a range if I ever got the chance but at the same time, I really don't think people should have/own guns. The majority of people out there are absolutely not responsible enough and I think guns should only be owned by people that rely on them for their profession and even they should only be able to have one while on the job. I have spoken.

The majority of gun owners aren't criminals or even uncivilized and anyone that would use a gun to commit a violent act would just use something else if they didn't have a gun. I'm not a gun nut, but most of the people who are into guns are cool people who use them for reasonable purposes.

I DO think certain people are lose cannons, tho. The 2 females I know to carry guns seem to think they're invincible because they have a gun.

I'm kind of in the middle. I don't think civilians should be allowed to have automatic weapon's or heavy artillery. Small arms I'm okay with. Or machetes. Machetes sound like a good idea to me. Or swords...

Its not legal gun owners that are a problem, its the ones that get them illegally.

"Where I live, I can get a gun TONIGHT if I wanted to. That same night I can do a drive by on some "punk ass niggas". I can kill those "punk ass niggas", a mother, her child, and other pedestrians this night, with no remorse becuase they were at the wrong place at the wrong time."

It's this mentality that makes me believe that ALL firearms should be destroyed.

Its not legal gun owners that are a problem, its the ones that get them illegally.

"Where I live, I can get a gun TONIGHT if I wanted to. That same night I can do a drive by on some "punk ass niggas". I can kill those "punk ass niggas", a mother, her child, and other pedestrians this night, with no remorse becuase they were at the wrong place at the wrong time."

It's this mentality that makes me believe that ALL firearms should be destroyed.

It's a shame that problems are solved by guns and not ass-whippings anymore...