Jade's Metal Thread

Re: XxJadexX's Metal Thread

ya lol he thinks hes shutting us all up or something but he just cant face the fact that hes wrong and were right. and ryanragnarock, please before you make a fool of youlrself again, please give us a link to something that says pantera is metalcore. you cant right? cuz there not.

Anyone who says Pantera is metalcore is a ****ing idiot. Your whole argument was OMG I WONT BELIEVE WHAT YOUR SITES SAY but apparently some guy said they are metalcore somewhere in the thread so you believe it. He's obviously just as ignorant as you. You now have some company!

Each one of those sites lists them as GROOVE METAL.

I am not wrong, you are wrong, be gone. You clearly don't have the nutsack to go to a metal site and say it so you know you're wrong. Hell, go on Pantera's facebook page and say it.

Oh and where is Tim Static's infraction?
Terrible mod!
A bit biased don'tcha think? ;D
I get one for "insulting" Pantera when I've loved that band my whole life, and Tim calls me a ****ing tool yet he's clean? Awesome. :p

Wow... you're all way too dense.
Jade, would it shut your trap if I went to ALL of those forums and posted that they were metalcore?
Would the resulting war on that forum make you HAPPY?
Jesus. You guys are all about rude and biased when you're a mod huh?
And the fact is, you guys are the ones who can't come up with something original to insult me with instead you're just using the "Nah nah nahan nah, we're right and you're wrong because the INTERNET IS ALWAYS RIGHT" argument and that's the funniest thing here.

But since you want them so bad, here are some links.
http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216355
http://www.mruforums.com/heavy-really-heavy-thing/2071-pantera-4.html
http://forums.thegauntlet.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13253&start=30
http://www.rabroad.com/forum/style/what-hell-groove-metal-how-real-genre-1394575.html

Last edited:

Oh and where is Tim Static's infraction?
Terrible mod!
A bit biased don'tcha think? ;D
I get one for "insulting" Pantera when I've loved that band my whole life, and Tim calls me a ****ing tool yet he's clean? Awesome. :p

Wow... you're all way too dense.
Jade, would it shut your trap if I went to ALL of those forums and posted that they were metalcore?
Would the resulting war on that forum make you HAPPY?
Jesus. You guys are all about rude and biased when you're a mod huh?
And the fact is, you guys are the ones who can't come up with something original to insult me with instead you're just using the "Nah nah nahan nah, we're right and you're wrong because the INTERNET IS ALWAYS RIGHT" argument and that's the funniest thing here.

But since you want them so bad, here are some links.
http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216355
http://www.mruforums.com/heavy-really-heavy-thing/2071-pantera-4.html
http://forums.thegauntlet.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13253&start=30
http://www.rabroad.com/forum/style/what-hell-groove-metal-how-real-genre-1394575.html

Thanks for posting a site where a guy even says they are not metalcore. You really proved your point.

Um, YOU can't see when someone else gets an infraction. He DID get one. Nice try.

Don't try to bring up the argument thing. YOU were the one who jumped in here and started insulting people because you can't be an adult and have a discussion about something you are wrong about now let it go, you are wrong, I stand by that 100%, this will keep going in circles, so get over it. You can believe whatever you want but Pantera are groove metal/thrash.

You are free to keep posting here if you wish but get over this argument.

Someone on each of those forums call them Metalcore at one point or another.
Just like those forums we are having a very immature argument over something no one is going to agree over.
I stated my opinion, you couldn't let it go.

And As I Lay Dying is an abortion.
They don't deserve to be called metalcore. Same with Killswitch Engage, but they are and I have to live with that.

It has nothing to do with letting it go and everything to do with you being wrong.

:)

Argument over, let's all talk about music positively.

I was never being negative about Pantera. I love that band, hell they're even on my top 5.
But I'm over this.
You guys have your opinion, I have mine. We all like Pantera, but we can't agree on what genre.
Once you stop saying "You're wrong." I'll stop arguing.
I have respect for everyone on this forum because we all like MORTAL KOMBAT here. Music shouldn't matter.
I have to live with some of my favorite bands being metalcore while terrible bands like AILD and KSE exist. I don't like it, The Ghost Inside doesn't like it.
I'm done with this argument. Not because I'm wrong, but because a couple of you have been so immature it has caused me great discomfort. Music appreciation is an opinion.
We may like Pantera, but a large fraction of this website may abhor them.

Dude, you're only 4 years older than me...
Chill.
And actually if you think about it. What makes Killswitch Metalcore?
The breakdowns, and clean singing.
If it didn't have that, it'd still be terrible, but it's metalcore.
That's it.
And Jade, how dense are you exactly? I showed you something from one of the forums YOU gave ME and all you had to come back with is "You're wrong. Stop trolling." How about you admit you were wrong, and I will leave this topic?

I couldn't be more chill, just trying to educate you on the topic.
Anyway, clean singing is not a prerequisite for a metalcore band at all. Not even breakdowns are, there's plenty of authentic metalcore bands that don't utilize them eg. Darkest Hour - Hidden Hands Of A Sadist Nation. They have simply become a staple of the genre, but they didn't define it. What made KSE a metalcore band, at least in the beginning, was the fusion of Gothenburg metal with the passion and energy of hardcore. This was represented best with Jesse on vocals, when Howard stepped in they began gradually moving more into the metal genre.

Anyway I got things to do today, so you guys have fun.

Last edited:

I couldn't be more chill, just trying to educate you on the topic.
Anyway, clean singing is not a prerequisite for a metalcore band at all. Not even breakdowns are, there's plenty of authentic metalcore bands that don't utilize them eg. Darkest Hour - Hidden Hands Of A Sadist Nation. They have simply become a staple of the genre, but they didn't define it. What made KSE a metalcore band, at least in the beginning, was the fusion of Gothenburg metal with the passion and message of hardcore. This was represented best with Jesse on vocals, when Howard stepped in they began gradually moving more into the metal genre.

Anyway I got things to do today, so you guys have fun.

So what would the band Stray from the Path be considered?
Straight Hardcore?

I was never being negative about Pantera. I love that band, hell they're even on my top 5.
But I'm over this.
You guys have your opinion, I have mine. We all like Pantera, but we can't agree on what genre.
I have respect for everyone on this forum because we all like MORTAL KOMBAT here. Music shouldn't matter.
I have to live with some of my favorite bands being metalcore while terrible bands like AILD and KSE exist. I don't like it, The Ghost Inside doesn't like it.
I'm done with this argument. Not because I'm wrong, but because a couple of you have been so immature it has caused me great discomfort. Music appreciation is an opinion.

Um, no one here was immature in the beginning but you. YOU started flaming people when no one flamed you. If you respected people here, you wouldn't have resorted to insults. That's all you did was insult people, tell them to 'die'. If you get this enraged over a conversation, you should probably get help. Not an insult, just a serious suggestion. This is the internet where people exchange ideas. If you get that upset, it's probably best not to be on the internet.

Sorry man but it is not an opinion that you are incorrect, it is a fact. There are a lot of genres that have similarities but that does not make them one and the same. Groove metal (Pantera) is not metalcore. It is basically slowed down thrash, dude. Genres can take things from other genres at times but that does not change the general genre of the band.

You have the freedom to think whatever you want, I am just telling you facts. Take it or leave it, I don't really care, but I am done with this.

But I'm over this.

lol your so wrong. and stupid, apparently. You basically insult music with ignorance, you get shit on and you call others immature, yadda yadda yadda. Stop playing the victim card. you got your just rewards.

I'm really trying to end this whole argument.
It'd help if you'd stop pestering me.
And ole' dude had it coming.
He's obviously going to die sooner or later anyway. Darwin will take over on his life.

Please tell me you at least know Ragnarok is a black metal band.

been there, done that. great guys, great band too. great shows. i miss them already :sad:

Friend of mine introduced me to Ministry a couple of months ago. Gave me Thieves and Jesus Built My Hotrod (lol), so I had to look them up. I didn't know they've been around for almost 30 years! I thought they came around in the last decade. Either way they sound pretty awesome and gotta know, what albums would be the best to pick up?