Jade's Metal Thread

Re: XxJadexX's Metal Thread

I love all types of metal! except nu-metal that's garbage lol. Heres a list of some of the bands i listen to...

Children of Bodom
Dimmu Borgir
The faceless
cradle of filth
I killed the prom queen
Dark Funeral
Between the Buried and me
Dark Tranquility
In Flames
Skyfire
As I lay dying
The sins of thy beloved
Tristania
The demonstration
Killwhitneydead
bloodbath
Opeth
Shai Huliud
Sigh
Animosity
Unearth
Dark Funeral
Still Remains
The Kovenant

and like 100's more \m/

This is what I've been listening to nowadays.

YOB - stoner doom metal from Oregon, USA. Don't forget to play the part 2! Around 0:16 (pt2) on and onwards = mesmerizing/ powerful/ amazing/ etc as is the whole song itself .. YOB are one of my favorite bands right now :)

Fleshgod Apocalypse - Technical Brutal Death Metal from Italy. This is from their latest EP. Head-bang worthy!

Daylight Dies - Melodic Death/Doom Metal from North Carolina, USA. Highly underrated. They're pretty consistent with their releases, I haven't really found anything I haven't liked by them. Although I'd say No Reply is my favorite. Followed by Dismantling Devotion.

Thats enough for now I think...

@Morbyr - Dying Fetus f'ing rule. They're quite good live too, seen them a number of times, and they never disappoint! Do you listen or have ever heard Misery Index? Some members were in DF around the Killing On Adrenaline-era. Intense stuff, I'd say bit more energetic than DF, though they have grindcore/ punk/ old-school hardcore influence. Here's a couple of my favorite tracks from them..

I may as well ask this here unless I should start an entire new thread based on the question (hmm), what was the last metal show anyone attended or is going to attend? I will be seeing Immortal and Absu on the 26th of this month. Can't wait!!! >.<

You guys ever heard of Purple Mercy? It might not be metal enough for you guys. But I think it's metal. whatever. Suggestion : Listen in complete darkness.

CANNIBAL CORPSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "hhhaaammmeeerrr ssssmmmaaassshhheeeedd ffffaaaacccceee !!!!!!!!!!!!"

oh and jade, good to see you put painkiller up there. that song is great. see im into a range of metal myself.

Some of my favorite metal:

At the Gates

Amebix

Motörhead

Superjoint Ritual

Broken Bones

Nausea (covering Discharge)

and in honor of MK, Discharge

Last edited:

System of a down is my favourite band, and I'm so glad they got back together recently, but why are they labelled under that garbage nu-metal genre? Them and Disturbed, I have no idea why they are placed under it or what nu-metal even is.

@Morbyr - Dying Fetus f'ing rule. They're quite good live too, seen them a number of times, and they never disappoint! Do you listen or have ever heard Misery Index? Some members were in DF around the Killing On Adrenaline-era. Intense stuff, I'd say bit more energetic than DF, though they have grindcore/ punk/ old-school hardcore influence. Here's a couple of my favorite tracks from them..

I've also been to Dying Fetus performances several times and yes, they are great :twisted: But I can still remember one live performance that kind of sucked, but I blame the sound-guy at the mixing-panel for that, not the band.

I just listened to the 2nd Misery Index song you posted (the 1st one is blocked for my country for some reason), but I must say I don't like it very much. I guess it's the lead vocalist.... I just don't like his voice, it lacks skill and brutality IMO. The song in general isn't bad at all, but to me the vocals aren't brutal enough. I'm more into grunting vocals. I guess it's a matter of personal preference.

But enough negativity for one post... on to the good stuff.... I just listened to that Fleshgod Apocalypse song and that is just f**king awesome! I had this huge grin on my face while listening to that. I didn't expect the occasional high-pitched, powermetal-like vocals, but I liked that a lot. Can you tell me if they use that more often, or is it just in this song?

I grew up listening to power-metal (Manowar and Helloween and stuff). At first, I got laughed at when I told this to my friends, but that changed very quickly when they heard I was only 10 years old. I mean, most people around my age have to admit that Michael Jackson was the heaviest thing they listened to when they were 10 years old.

My taste changed when I became older. I started listening to Metallica (the older stuff), Life of Agony, Pantera, Carnivore (which evolved into Type O Negative) Fear Factory, etc. But when I first heard Sepultura's Arise blast from my brother's room and discovered bands like Death and Sinister (Dutch, old-school Deathmetal), I changed my focus to the Death metal genre. Nowadays I mostly listen to Brutal and Technical Deathmetal.

BTW, ever heard of Decapitated (Deathmetal from Poland)? This my favorite song of that band and keep in mind that the average age of the band-members was only 18, when this was recorded (back in 1999). That fact made this song sound ever better to me :)

Hell yeah, they showed Dio in the memoriam at the Grammys. THEY BEST RESPECT.

\m/

I just listened to that Fleshgod Apocalypse song and that is just f**king awesome! I had this huge grin on my face while listening to that. I didn't expect the occasional high-pitched, powermetal-like vocals, but I liked that a lot. Can you tell me if they use that more often, or is it just in this song?

Glad to hear you liked it. :) The power-metal-esque vocals you mentioned are only used in this one EP (entitled: 'MAFIA') and only for 2 out of the 5 songs. I'd like to think that this was FA's chance to "test the waters" in the vocal department. While it did catch me off guard the first time I heard them, I've grown to appreciate them. Oddly enough, I've noticed that they can't really deliver these vocals live, compared to the recordings. But, if they decide to use more of said vocals for future songs, then I wouldn't be too disappointed. As long as its in moderation. It's something I could do with or without.

As for their debut album, (entitled: 'Oracles') the vocals are purely low growls and grunts. Definitely check out Oracles if you get a chance! And FA have only had 2 releases so far, so they're quite new. Here is a couple of my favorite tracks from Oracles. \m/

If you like Fleshgod Apocalypse, check out Hour of Penance. Brutal Death metal from Italy as well.

I grew up listening to power-metal (Manowar and Helloween and stuff). At first, I got laughed at when I told this to my friends, but that changed very quickly when they heard I was only 10 years old. I mean, most people around my age have to admit that Michael Jackson was the heaviest thing they listened to when they were 10 years old.

My taste changed when I became older. I started listening to Metallica (the older stuff), Life of Agony, Pantera, Carnivore (which evolved into Type O Negative) Fear Factory, etc. But when I first heard Sepultura's Arise blast from my brother's room and discovered bands like Death and Sinister (Dutch, old-school Deathmetal), I changed my focus to the Death metal genre. Nowadays I mostly listen to Brutal and Technical Deathmetal.

That's pretty cool. I sort of wished I grew up listening to metal from the womb... Unless you count being in my mother's while she attended 2 Slayer concerts in a row. True story. :) When I was 14 or 15 I was listening to Slipknot, Korn, Coal Chamber, Mudvayne. Metallica was also always there in rotation too, for I used to listen the hell out of ..And Justice, MoP, and RtL. Let alone Metallica has had a huge role in my evolution of music taste. But then I just wanted something more. Something beyond the norm of what was deemed as metal. More grit. More heaviness. Something just ****ed up, really lol. And I remember the day when I heard first heard "I Cum Blood" by Cannibal Corpse back in the Napster days. From there on out, it just took off. I delved deeper and deeper into the underground world of death metal and pretty much anything else. Still discovering bands til this day. Granted, I've never been ashamed of what I used to listen to then and now. (Maybe Limp Bizkit LOL) It was all for the music anyhow. Never for the image or what was popular. I guess where I'm getting at is.. Metal = Life. To me at least.

BTW, ever heard of Decapitated (Deathmetal from Poland)? This my favorite song of that band and keep in mind that the average age of the band-members was only 18, when this was recorded (back in 1999). That fact made this song sound ever better to me :)

RIP Vitek. Yes, Decapitated destroy. I can't believe how young they were starting out. I've definitely seen this band live a number of times. Even with their newest lineup. Supposedly they're coming out with a new album sometime this year. I'm pretty anxious to see where they'll go with the absence of Vitek and Covan. Even though Vogg was really the mastermind behind it all. I hope they lean more towards their older material. The First Damned/ Winds of Creation.

Sorry it took me forever and a day to respond. Cheers.

WARNING LONG POST

Oh boy... I think I'm in heaven. I live for metal music :p This is the first time wondering around the off-topic forums, and I'm so glad I did! I guess I'll just post some of my favorites like everyone else is!

Metallica - who doesn't like them? favorite song by them: All Nightmare Long
Trivium - my overall favorite band. love everyone of their albums. favorite song:
War of Ages - amazing christian band if you're religious. saw them in concer a few times. favorite song:
Static-X - crazy people making crazy music, what's not to love? favorite song:
Slipknot - don't know what to say about them, have been going mainstream lately :/ favorite song:
Scar Symmetry - amazing transitional metal from screams to beautiful singing. favorite song:
Mudvayne - favorite song:
Lamb of God - beast band, nothin else. favorite song:
Killswitch Engage - another band getting softer and softer. favorite song:
Haste the Day - a band that is breaking up ): favorite song:
Five Finger Death Punch -
Divine Heresy -
Disturbed-
The Devil Wears Prada
Demon Hunter
Chimaira
Children of Bodom
Bury Your Dead
Bullet for My Valentine
Bless the Fall
Avenged Sevenfold
August Burns Red
As I Lay Dying
All That Remains

That's just a fraction of my metal library :)

I believe Converge, The Ghost Inside, Endwell, Evergreen Terrace, and Pantera would like to have a word with you so-called "metalcore" fans...

I'm mostly a huge Thrash Metal fan, suprised no one has mentioned Slayer yet as far as I've seen.
SLAYER!!!!!

I believe Converge, The Ghost Inside, Endwell, Evergreen Terrace, and Pantera would like to have a word with you so-called "metalcore" fans...

Um.....Pantera would like to have a word with you calling them metalcore.

You do realize they ARE metalcore...right?
Or even what metalcore is?
I understand you're a mod but I'm standing my ground.