Jade's Metal Thread

I grew up on Metallica, as well as a lot of what is called "hair metal" nowadays, discovered Pantera when they stop wearing makeup, etc.

Metal/Heavy/hard etc.

Stuff i've grown to love over the last 10-15 years or so:

(yes this is related to my screen name, which was given to me by Wayne Static himself.)

not the same flavor but great!

have to throw this in:

^ Best song they had with Dio was Heaven and Hell, imo, but nothing will ever beat Ozzy with Sabbath.

oh, totally agreed.

NIN!
NINE INCH NAILS ALL THE WAY.....

Trent is a genius.

His 20 year career spans many many genres...

agreed but i will never consider them Metal.

I did want to put Heresy on my list tho :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: XxJadexX's Metal Thread

I consider NIN to be industrial rock but they are still awesome.

Jade I see no mention of King Diamond <3

And my personal favorite(though not a huge metal fan) The Lord Weird Slough Feg :)

Gonna post lots of KD when I put up the Heavy Metal section <3

He's the best!

yea i totally get it. NIN got me through some tough times in my life. and the TDS is one of the best pieces of recorded music, ever.

Girlschool hasn't been mentioned yet... imo, one of the best bands to came out from the NWBHM era, hands down:

Tha main riff... f*ck.
R.I.P. Kelly Johnson, a true warrior.

how do we embed vids here, it's different for some reason

the heaviest i go is White/Rob Zombie,

I'm busy with YouTube right now, so I can get video links, but anyone here listen to The Agonist? I meant to mention them when the thread started under "Melodic Death Metal"...I've been wearing their CDs out the last few days.

^thanks, tried before and it didn't work, does now though

Black Sabbath Forever

(and yess the DIO years of Sabbath Where my Favorite)

No love for Korpiklaani? What kind of metal thread is this without Folk Metal? I should start a petition...

Favorites: Black Sabbath, Pantera, Sepultura, Fear Factory, Metallica (older albums)... many others

This is the problem I've run into with being a metal fan in recent years: I'm beyond done with being condescending towards people who don't like the music I like. I love metal, and I love the general togetherness of the community, but I hate the attitude that so many metalheads have toward "lesser" metalheads and non-metalheads. For that reason I find myself avoiding the vast majority of metal forums.

Eric Cartman said it best, "If you want to find some quality friends, you have to wade through all the dicks." LOL, I know what you mean though. There is a level of pretentious douchebaggery that comes within the metal community, I agree. But it only reveals ignorance after all is said and done. FFS, its just music. Though people get off on being above others. Whatever pops your popcorn, you know?

Pfft, I don't have a clue what post-anything means. It's one of those terms that I see all the time yet never with an explanation. How the **** can you be "post-thrash" if thrash still exists? :shot:

I would say they're technical groove metal. Though, honestly, I sometimes get sick to the teeth with all these classifications and sub-genre terms when it doesn't even make sense. For example, as of a couple years back, there is this term/ sub-genre thrown around called "Djent." Which was supposedly started by the band Periphery, and it only has to do with the sound of a down-tuned guitar giving off a certain crunch similar to Meshuggah. To visualize this better, just say the word "Djent" like GENT and try to say that in an off-time drumbeat ala Meshuggah... Yeah... It gives me a headache, and I hope that term dies off ASAP. That isn't to say the bands who play this "style" aren't great. Only the term itself IMO.

WP is my favorite, but yeah, I can't argue with that at all. NSV is absolutely a DM classic. I'm glad you get the whole Jon Levasseur thing, though, 'cause it seems a lot of others don't. I'll admit that I don't go as nuts for Lord Worm as most, but when I see people saying Cryptopsy needs him back in the fold above all else to make the band good again, I'm completely blown away. No matter how good a DM vocalist he was, he wasn't the one writing all those insane riffs that defined Cryptopsy's sound. Slapping Lord Worm's vocals on The Unspoken King would only result in a shitty album that just happens to have Lord Worm's vocals.

Yup, Levasseur's departure = the death of Cryptopsy. It astounds me Cryptopsy is even using the NAME Cryptopsy to this day. I guess its all Flo really. Ah well. I will blast BMF, NSV, and WP til I die.

Cool, I never thought there were some old-school Cryptopsy fans here. I can very much understand that DeathcoreRyknow's fav album is Whisper Supremacy, but I have to agree with Luxul, None so Vile is the best album. It's hard to mention a favorite song though. The album as a whole was (and still is) awesome, but I really liked this one:

I'm glad to see you both agree on the Jon Levasseur thing. Cryptopsy fans who don't understand that...well... I'm not even gonna finish that sentence... lots of swear-words come to mind ;)

Another band no one mentioned before is Dying Fetus. I like that stuff a lot. Here's an older and a newer song.

I love Green Jelly. They still play my area a bit...I need to see them live.

Hell yeah I had an actual Green Jello cd before it got changed to Jelly. Would love to see them live. Cereal Killer was the one of the first cassettes I ever bought (along with Tales from the Punchbowl by Primus)... speaking of Primus...