Jade's Metal Thread

Listen to Holy Blood.

I am atheist but Holy Blood are a great Christian band.

You wont understand what they are saying, anyway, because they are Ukrainian, lol. Just listen to the music <3

http://www.last.fm/music/Holy+Blood

I don't need to understand the lyrics. Half the folk metal bands I currently listen to are often singing in Norwegian or Finnish, or Latvian, or German, or... you get the idea.

Anybody here heard of the band Equilibrium? Phenomenal group.

Some great Folk Metal groups I've been listening to (for those who are interested) are Skyforger, Forefather, Heathen Foray, Wolfchant, Nordheim, Nothgard, Arkona, and Korpiklaani.

Sure it's been mentioned, but try out Eluveitie. Probably my favorite folk metal band. Saw them twice, and always been good live.

I saw Arkona too, they were pretty cool. Never listened to them before that.

Holy shit, how did I not know that Jon Levasseur rejoined Cryptopsy and they released a new album in July?!

Listen to this stuff, it actually ****ing sounds like Cryptopsy!

I'm pissing myself right now. I desperately need to track this thing down. Jon Levasseur is my god damned guitar hero.

i listen to old death metal and some tech death metal . this are the list. ATHEIST, DEATH, OBITUARY, BROKEN HOPE, DECIDE, ORIGIN, MORTICIAN s theres to many bands in my head lol

Seeing them live on the 17th!

I've seen these guys and met most of them after doing load-in for a different band here. Cool people, though, their frontwoman was kinda standoffish, haha.

Time for a stress/brain cleanse. When only the heaviest will do.

On a related note, I'm really digging being able to sync playlists across multiple computers via Spotify. It only purifies the stable.

I've seen these guys and met most of them after doing load-in for a different band here. Cool people, though, their frontwoman was kinda standoffish, haha.

Time for a stress/brain cleanse. When only the heaviest will do.

On a related note, I'm really digging being able to sync playlists across multiple computers via Spotify. It only purifies the stable.

I heard from people since Design Your Universe came out she has become really standoffish with fans at Epica shows. However I heard that she was really nice when she was a guest for Kamelot's tour last year. So I guess it's just with her own band that she becomes more diva-like with the fans before/after shows.

Only other front-woman I've seen like that was Anette from Nightwish. Everyone else from the band came out to meet the fans after the show except her.

It was pretty funny/awkward because the venue wasn't really big (the room with the main stage could maybe pack in about 1200 people, so, the size of your average high school gymnasium, even including the bars), and the secondary room was the size of a garage. So we're all out there after the show, with some people doing tear-down and those not milling outside, smoking cigarettes and whatnot... And the musicians themselves are all really cool (Visions of Atlantis was there too, those guys were neat, we wound up trading thoughts on who made the best cheap 7-string guitars, LOL), and Epica's singer is just off on her own, doing her best to pretend everyone is somewhere else, I guess. At the time I thought it was very weird, and I wasn't too impressed by it.

Great musicians though, and that was a fun show to be at/have had a helping hand in.

To be honest I don't think it's odd that a musician or any famous person to be standoffish. The thing is that in every other Metal/Hard Rock band I have seen on their level (even ones with female singers) ALL the members have been pretty down to earth with the exception of her and Anette. I guess its just weird to see a member of a Metal band be so diva-ish with the fans and everyone else at the venue.

Just came back from seeing Epica live, and it was amazing! Better than the first time I saw them and they played 3 of my favorite songs.

The bands who opened up for them also had great sets: Blackguard, System Divide, Insomnium, and Alestorm. I also met the guys from Alestorm, Blackguard, and the girl from System Divide after the show. She was really sweet so it was a shame most people in the crowd were being dicks to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
What was their setlist? I'm guessing there weren't really any surprises (i.e. open with Karma/Monopoly on Truth, close with Consign to Oblivion), but I'm still curious. I really wanted to see them but I already bought tickets for a Louis CK show that happens to be the same night as the Epica one.

Their set was:

Monopoly of Truth
Sensorium
Unleashed
Martyr of The Free Word
Serenade of Self-Destruction
The Obsessive Devotion
Storm The Sorrow
Quietus
Sancta Terra
The Phantom Agony
Cry For The Moon
Blank Infinity
Consign to Oblivion

So yeah there was no surprises really, but it was still a great show and they are one of my favorite bands.

Yeah, that's about what I expected, although I figured they'd have a couple more songs off the new album. It still sucks I won't get to see them.

When Serenade of Self-Destruction kicked in, I wonder how many people went, "holy shit, I thought that was supposed to be an instrumental". Maybe not that many since the mp3 version was fine, but I was so pissed when I heard the first pressing of the CD and realized they ****ed that up. At least they sent me a fixed disc for free.

I got the second version of the CD that has the vocals. I do think having the first print would be cool to have as a collector though.

Mitch from Suicide Silence died last week and the amount of piss people are taking on him is pretty pathetic.

I fcking hate that band but to be glad he is dead, just wow, man.