Mortal Kombat Movie Casting Call

Interesting choice of actors for the casting.

* Rain would make a perfect Liu Kang, he has the look, the style and the martial arts needed for him to represent our champion. Many disagree with Rain being Kang and I never figured out why. With 15 years of martial arts behind me I can assure those people that he is no newbie in the domain. His performance in "Ninja Assassins" was outstanding.

* Chow Yun Fat is perfect for Shang Tsung.

* Jason Statham is a perfect Kano, I say that everytime he appears on the screen.

* I am neutral to Chris Pine being Johnny Cage.

* Scott Adkins is one of my favorite martial arts actors, but his baby face won't do for Scorpion. His height is 5 ft 10 in (178 cm) which is approximately the height of Ray Park (5 ft 9 in (175 cm)) so that is excellent for the movie. It is best for Sub-Zero & Scorpion to have an equal height.
For scorpion I would go for the actor from rebirth. Check the eye expression below. Atkins being on the left side.

scorpu.jpg

* Ray Park is an excellent choice for Sub-Zero.

* Grace Park would make a excellent Jade, I don't see her as Kitana.

* Rachael Taylor as Sonya Blade *Shrugs*

* Guy Pearce as Raiden: Raiden needs to fight, at least 5 minutes in the movie. So I won't choose Lambert. This guy seems to have the right chin for Raiden (as we don't care much for eyes or haircut).

* Now Gerard Butler as Shao Kahn. That won't do, Although he's one of my favorite actors, he's not bulky enough to be Shao Kahn. They need to go search the gyms for a perfect fit. Shao Kahn also needs to keep his mask on (he must be kept mysterious and Dark) so any huge savage bodybuilder will do.

PS: I would like Russel Wong to be included, maybe as Kung Lao. IMO he's one of the best martial artist out there (the dude has a strong Chi).

russellwong0001.jpg

Matt, don't drool.

I think Scott Adkins would be perfect with white eyes (just as Chris Casamassa was):
gw6d.jpg

Hey now, this is a fun thread. OMG, Michelle Pfeiffer as Sindel? Hell fu|<ing yes!! Imagining her with white eyes and prehensile hair right now - epic. I agree with Grace Park as Kitana - loved her in BSG. Skinjobs FTW! As for Shao Kahn, now this is important... I'm not sure whether people would agree with this but I don't actually think that a human body is capable of portraying him in all his terrifying glory. Obviously there needs to be a voice actor but I'm leaning towards CGI for Kahn.

He needs to be fairly obviously non-human IMO, with the unrealistic proportions of an Amazonian warrior. I'm thinking 8 feet tall, battle scars, sharp teeth, slightly glowing blood red eyes. Kahn should loom over the other actors much like Xerces from 300 and that mask of his would absolutely need to be a masterpiece. Annihilation's depiction was ...just... just awful.

Ok i will probably get alot of boos for this but here i go'

Ian Somerhalder for scorpion

Kevin Zeggers (if that is how you spell it lol) for sub-zero

Jet li as kung lao

sarah michelle gellar as sonya blade

Eliza dushku as Kitana (always love her acting in movies with sarah XD)

Angelina Jolie as Sindel

and Vin Diesel As Shao Kahn XD xx

The only casting that absolutely throws me is Sub-Zeros. I don't mind an Americany Scorpion. Nobody ever said he was American, but his complete lack of accent and total swagger always just sort of made sense to me that he somehow, some way had American parents. Sub-Zero, however, is Chinese, and there's no way he's not. He's gotta have dialogue, I gotta see his face, and he has to at least be Asian, or I'm not buying it. I feel kinda the same way about Raiden, but I probably wouldn't rail on about it, since he's a God and who knows what they look like.

I just don't want another Airbender scenario where all the good roles go to white dudes.

Liu Kang - Jason Scott Lee
Johnny Cage - Channing Tatum
Kano - Tom Hardy
Sonya - Mila Jovovich
Sub Zero - Ray Park
Scorpion - Jackie Earl Haley
Goro - CGI
Shang Tsung - Ken Watanabe
Baraka - Richard Divizio
Raiden - Christopher Lambert
Kitana/Millena - Maggie Q
Jax - Terry Crews
Stryker - John Cena
Nightwolf - Brandon Lee (yes i know he's dead, but this is a dream casting right?)
Shao Kahn - Daniel Gilchrist