Cybernetic x-ray models changed for the worse!

TheWretchedCrow

I don't know if anyone noticed (everyone was probably too jumpy because of all character announcements) that when Ermac performs his X-Ray you can't see the cables in Sektors neck nor any metal parts around his neck/jaw. Maybe you just think "we've already talked about this a few times" But do you remember the gameplay video where we first saw Reptiles X-ray?

I'll provide you with a youtube link where you can see everything for yourself

Go to 00:40 in this video to see for yourselves.
I don't see why they would change it and make it worse! The earlier design was awesome!

I really doubt the took out the cyborg parts. It's probably just the angle shown.

Im pretty sure its still there, but its just hard to see since the cables in his neck are closer to the front. During Ermac's xray, you see mostly the back portion of the neck...I really doubt they changed it.

Im pretty sure its still there, but its just hard to see since the cables in his neck are closer to the front. During Ermac's xray, you see mostly the back portion of the neck...I really doubt they changed it.

They've at least changed the colour of his muscles from blue/black to red. you can see them flashing in Ermac's x-ray.

And I may be wrong but doesn't Sektor have a metal terminator skull in reptiles x-ray? The jaw lining looks so smooth and I could swear that the back of his skull which we can see a small portion off is in metal.

But since we've not got any good pictures we can't be sure. Maybe if someone could find other sektor x-ray footage from the early build?

Maybe it's just a camera issue or they used some earlier models not yet finalized. The same is for Jax: watching different videos from different times you can notice that sometimes he has the UZI on his back, sometimes not, then it's there again...
I hope they keep at least those blue cables to remind us they're cyborgs... ;)

Maybe it's just a camera issue or they used some earlier models not yet finalized. The same is for Jax: watching different videos from different times you can notice that sometimes he has the UZI on his back, sometimes not, then it's there again...
I hope they keep at least those blue cables to remind us they're cyborgs... ;)

I know they've changed some things. But this time it's for the worse. We need some proof that they're just not wearing masquerade outfits like they were disney on ice.
We want iron, steel and blue cables to cut!

I'm sure that as much as they are working on each character's inside that the cyborgs will have special insides of some kind but it just isn't done yet. They edit so much stuff together that there is more than one build of the game in the videos. Now if it comes out and their is no special internal modeling after all the hype about it, then it will be time to complain.

I noticed that before, when I was searching for a pic with the cyborgs' inside for that other thread. My theory is that it was just something not finished, because I also noticed that, in this particular X-Ray, the characters did not turn to gray scale as in the others. So I think there's a relation between this, maybe they just threw a general inside model on Sektor just to show off Ermac's X-Ray. Because I remember Sektor having cybernetic parts inside. On the X-Ray video, Cyrax does.

Like other in the thread already said, they're probably not finish just yet. so give them the benefit of the doubt
but i did see the changes like you said and I am concern since the cyborg are my favorite characters

I don't think they are changed. Because the internal structures have 3 layers for the human fighters with muscles, bones then organs, so depending on the attack sometimes it would not show the muscle layer because the damage was deeper into the character etc. I'm guessing that's whats happening with the cyborgs, the cyber parts etc are probably one layer instead of muscles etc so they don't show on x-ray moves that focus deeper into the character.

A lot of the footage in that is noticably old and early on in development. Remember we're not seeing these characters when they're done. We're seeing them when their development cycle allows them to show it to us. There's a good chance the clips from that video are old, and shown to represent what X-Ray mode went through during development.

I wouldn't be surprised if they started working on that video before the first trailer was even released. (Though the appearance of the E3 shirt would suggest that the interviews at least were after E3)