Question about Sub-Zero.

I have a question about Sub-Zero in the upcoming Mortal Kombat game. Now, I do follow as many updates and everything as I can, but not on a daily basis.

A while back, the Sub-Zero character that was konfirmed for this game was to be the Elder Sub-Zero (I believe I read this somewhere), but when watching the newer trailers for the game, it is revealed that the Sub-Zero character is the younger brother of the original.

My question is this: Was the konfirmation of the Elder Sub-Zero false information or did NRS and the MK team change their mind and decide to make it the younger Sub-Zero? Are there any articles or videos posted with this information?

If someone could answer theses questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

I believe someone changed their mind.

Which is annoying. How do you get so far into a game and then say "Oh nvm, this entire character is gonna change. Into a different person, even."

It bothers me. That says to me "We're not really taking the story THAT seriously."

But whatever. It's Mortal Kombat. I'll just make up my own story.

There was never no confirmation that it was Elder Sub-Zero. A magazine jumped to that conclusion and everyone just bought into it.

I agree completely about "how can they just change their mind." Granted, the fan base is split close to 50/50, with half of them not caring about the storyline and only caring about the fighting. I, on the other hand, do care about and follow the story. I don't understand why they would do something like that. Unless, that was there plan all along? Ed Boon is rather sneaky when it comes to things like this.

There was never no confirmation that it was Elder Sub-Zero. A magazine jumped to that conclusion and everyone just bought into it.

@mortalkombat

Thank you for this. I wasn't sure if it was officially confirmed as the Elder Sub-Zero.

Not so. It came strait form Hector Sanchez in a Brazilian website: O produtor Hector Sanchez também deixou escapar algumas informações bem legais: Shang Tsung e Raiden serão jogáveis e o Sub-Zero que todos vimos no trailer e durante a E3 é o “clássico”, ou seja, o irmão mais velho que morreu ao final do primeiro Mortal Kombat. Quando eu perguntei se isso significava que o jogo teria dois Sub-Zeros não tive resposta além de “pára de me fazer perguntas que eu não posso responder. Daqui a pouco vão me dizer ‘ei, Hector, um site brasileiro aí tem todas as informações do jogo, é culpa sua?’”

And in English: The producer Hector Sanchez also gave away some pretty cool information: Shang Tsung and Raiden will be playable and Sub-Zero in the trailer we all saw at E3 and is the "classic", that is, the older brother who died at the end of the first Mortal Kombat When I asked if that meant the game would have two Sub-Zeros had no response other than "stop asking me questions that I can not answer. Soon I will say 'Hey, Hector, a Brazilian website out there has any information of the game, it's your fault? "

Not so. It came strait form Hector Sanchez in a Brazilian website: O produtor Hector Sanchez também deixou escapar algumas informações bem legais: Shang Tsung e Raiden serão jogáveis e o Sub-Zero que todos vimos no trailer e durante a E3 é o “clássico”, ou seja, o irmão mais velho que morreu ao final do primeiro Mortal Kombat. Quando eu perguntei se isso significava que o jogo teria dois Sub-Zeros não tive resposta além de “pára de me fazer perguntas que eu não posso responder. Daqui a pouco vão me dizer ‘ei, Hector, um site brasileiro aí tem todas as informações do jogo, é culpa sua?’”

And in English: The producer Hector Sanchez also gave away some pretty cool information: Shang Tsung and Raiden will be playable and Sub-Zero in the trailer we all saw at E3 and is the "classic", that is, the older brother who died at the end of the first Mortal Kombat When I asked if that meant the game would have two Sub-Zeros had no response other than "stop asking me questions that I can not answer. Soon I will say 'Hey, Hector, a Brazilian website out there has any information of the game, it's your fault? "

That's what I thought. I remember somebody posting the original link on here with that information. So what happened and why did they change their mind? If there is another post about this or a link to an article?

Let me explain this a 3rd time! and kopy and the paste the 2nd:
"Scorpion kill the older sub zero cause quan chi told him sub zero killed his family and it was a lie and if quan chi never told that lie, then scorpion would of never wanted to kill sub zero in the 1st place. So younger sub zero wants to get revenge cause he killed his brother "unjustly". So younger sub zero learns his older brother's powers, has his brother's apprence, and gets his brothers code name so he can trick scorpion into beliving that he is the older brother and that scorpion killed the younger sub zero and as i can see scorpion has been tricked by sub zero because the whole reason why scorpion is joining the tornamet so he can get to sub zero and sub zero is joining the tormarnat so he can get to scorpion. So sub zero made a plan to kill him.

and also i think the reason why they said he is the orignal sub zero cause he took his brothers place since he learned his brothers powers, has his brothers apperece, and his code name."

I believe someone changed their mind.

Which is annoying. How do you get so far into a game and then say "Oh nvm, this entire character is gonna change. Into a different person, even."

It bothers me. That says to me "We're not really taking the story THAT seriously."

But whatever. It's Mortal Kombat. I'll just make up my own story.

We all know what kind of stories that will be ;}

But yeah. It's shit that they changed their mind. I bet that in the end they'll not change a single characters story just because they're afraid of the big bad fans.

Here is a link to it http://colunistas.ig.com.br/arena/2...gens-jogamos-e-conversamos-com-os-produtores/
Maybe they were just not sure about it at that time and they where still working on it and Hector wasn't suppose to say that. Who knows but I was a little did disappointed by the fact that it is the younger brother. Also here is the original bio from the website before they changed it. It sound like the elder would be Sub-Zero as well.

Clad in blue, this formidable assassin began his deadly path on a mission from the Lin Kuei to murder Shang Tsung. That's when he was killed by Scorpion only to reappear as Noob Saibot, with his younger brother taking on the identity of Sub-Zero. Now he emerges with untold secrets of the afterlife propelling him fearlessly into the bloodiest battles. Time and again, he assaults the confidence of his enemies with his resurrected strength and sense of deadly purpose. Creating dismembered bodies and broken spirits wherever he goes, he threatens the very notion of peace on earth with his awe-inspiring destructive energy.