IGN's Inside the X-ray Discussion Thread

Re: Nu IGN feature: Inside the Xray!

LIU KANG IS REVEALED IN THAT VIDEO AT 1:20!!! AND WE SEE HIS X RAY MOVE!!! PRETTY FREAKING BADASS!!! AND BEST OF ALL, I THINK HE HAS HIS SCREAMS BACK!!!

He looks somewhat different, i freaking LIKE IT :|.

GORO and ERMACs X-RAYS LOOK FREAKING AWESOME :|.

Wow, this has to be the best reveal so far IMO.

Ahh!!!!! you beat me to it!!!!!!
ERMAC IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND LIU KANG IS IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HYPED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) :) :) :) :)

DAMN IT YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a Moderator edit the title SPOILER!!!!! Liu kang's X-ray is badass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY Shit!!!!

The first bit of gameplay to see of Ermac, Liu Kang and Goro performing theyre Xray moves!?!? I swear, who ever talks s*** about this game when it comes out, I WILL perform an X-ray move on their a**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MORTAL KOMBAT FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Liu Kang looks badass, and so does Ermac. Goro's X-ray is going to do a shit load a damage I bet.

Liu kang revealed :d!!!

Okay so I know theres a thread already made about IGN's X-Ray video, but I am making this thread solely on the discussion of the Champ of MK, LIU KANG!!!

So, it seems that NR is giving us a totally new look to him. The Head band is still there but the pants are totally different, it looks like he has a red cloth belt attached to him with navy blue/black pants. I really like that, its a good switch up from what we have seen so far.

Also his X-ray is done in typical Jeet Kune Do fashion with a high punch pop up to a kick to the face. Very punishing indeed.

Also, it looks like hes got his screams back, I can hear it very faintly in the video. So are you guys happy with our first impression of Liu?

This is freaking awesome... Basically we have confirmed Baraka and definitely confirmed Liu Kang in the game. Now all we need is Noob, Kabal, Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, Smoke and Kano. Honestly, Sheeva isnt looking too good right now.

Last edited:
Re: Liu kang revealed :d!!!

I was never a huge Liu Kang fan and probably never will be, but I gotta say, the new look is fantastic! I said elsewhere I thought Liu might be darker in this game and the new look certainly adds some credence to that. Perhaps he won't be "evil", per se, but definitely looking to be a little darker and grittier..... no?

Me personally I'm not a fan of Liu Kang but, I think he looks badass. His X-Ray fits him perfectly. I'm assuming his special moves will consist of: bicycle kick, flying kick, fireball, and I guess something else??? He's most likely going to have some sick combos too. Did anyone notice Jax's facial expression when Goro performed his x-ray attack? He looked like he shit himself.

P.S. They need to reveal Smoke now damn it.

Does this video count for Fatality Friday????

With the new graphics he looks so revolutionized !!!! What I like is that its somewhat of a mixture of his previous costumes!!! Also, it looks like the final kick to the face during the X-ray move is a popup so it will deff be easy to start another combo right after performing the x-ray move! The Bruce Lee from MK is back :)

whats goin on everyone. im new to the site n love it. but on topic yes kang does look beast n his xray looks brutal. with the right set ups that could be a nasty high % combo finisher...

I was never a huge Liu Kang fan and probably never will be, but I gotta say, the new look is fantastic! I said elsewhere I thought Liu might be darker in this game and the new look certainly adds some credence to that. Perhaps he won't be "evil", per se, but definitely looking to be a little darker and grittier..... no?

He looks more powerful and more angrier as opposed to his calm, collective demeanor that weve seen in the series. I agree with you totally Shawn, this is great, hopefully people like Liu Kang more now.

Hopefully this isnt Fatality Friday, but if it is, its more than enough. Just beautiful :p. And Aldo's in school guys just wait for tonight, he will Jizz in his pants :p.