People are disappointed with Reptile's look?

I personally like Reptile's new look. I always thought that it was strange that he looked human but was a reptile. I think his mask could be changed though. I pre-ordered from GameStop but I will buy the DLC costume if they offer it.

reptile_852.png

That is what it should look like, if he needs to have a Reptilian flare. I like this one a lot.

I really like his new costume, but I don't think it should have been his primary. I hope that his alternate has a human skin. It shouldn't be like his Klassic costume though. His face shouldn't move so you know it is a mask, and when he gets whooped on, his mask rips halfway and you see his reptilian face.

MK-UMK3 Reptile were the best. Even if they are color palette swaps, they still look best. Anything Reptilian should stay behind the mask.

I like the new Reptile cause he is actually a mixture of some reptiles. He has a turtle face, lizard eyes, snake scales, lizard nails, and dinosaur feet. I love his stance too cause it fits him. His name is Reptile isn't it? So of course he is going to look like a Reptile.

And for those saying Scorpion should look like a Scorpion cause thats his name. Thats not his name. Thats his CODENAME! for his clan. So of course if you were a ninja working for a clan, you are going to use a fake name(same goes for Sub-Zero). As for Reptile. He is named Reptile, cause he looks like a Reptile(Turtle face, lizard eyes, snake scales, lizard nails, and dinosaur feet). And also, so what if he looks like a bird to yall. Birds are related to dinosaurs and what are dinosaurs? REPTILES!.

And NRS is trying to make him look like a mixture of reptiles.

EDIT: If he has he good ol'touge then that fits in with him for another reptile creature. Then he kan do acid too! I like what NRS is doing with Reptile.

Last edited:
I like the new Reptile cause he is actually a mixture of some reptiles. He has a turtle face, lizard eyes, snake scales, lizard nails, and dinosaur feet. I love his stance too cause it fits him. His name is Reptile isn't it? So of course he is going to look like a Reptile.

And for those saying Scorpion should look like a Scorpion cause thats his name. Thats not his name. Thats his CODENAME! for his clan. So of course if you were a ninja working for a clan, you are going to use a fake name(same goes for Sub-Zero). As for Reptile. He is named Reptile, cause he looks like a Reptile(Turtle face, lizard eyes, snake scales, lizard nails, and dinosaur feet). And also, so what if he looks like a bird to yall. Birds are related to dinosaurs and what are dinosaurs? REPTILES!.

And NRS is trying to make him look like a mixture of reptiles.

EDIT: If he has he good ol'touge then that fits in with him for another reptile creature. Then he kan do acid too! I like what NRS is doing with Reptile.

Nice analysis of the Reptile appearance, but actually Scorpion's costume has a lot of references to scorpions, which I think is a bit lame...
However, I fully enjoy the new Reptile, he has his own appearance (no more recycled ninja outfits or palette swapping, it's 2011!), moves etc.
The keyword at NRS while developing the characters was "personality" and IMO almost every warrior is unique thanx to his/her look, attitude, background and so on.
I've yet to be disappointed by one of these new versions, except partially for Scorpion and his "arachnid armour" and Sonya which is too generic.

I personally don't like this design compared to the shaolin monks one cause like everyone else said before, he reminds me of a bird and just isn't fierce looking like the previous design. What I'm wandering the most though is how is he going to do his head eating fatality with that little mouth lol before his mouth was always big, but now its average sized. It would be cool if they showed him expand it like a snake.

I think this is the best Reptile form yet. He needs his own look, not some palette swap of sub zero. I like his old look, but i like the Reptilian look more. The only form i disagree with was is MK4. That was just down right dumb. As of now, I think its MK9 -> MKSM -> MKDA -> UMK3 -> MK2 -> MK1 -> MK4. Anyone agree?

I personally don't like this design compared to the shaolin monks one cause like everyone else said before, he reminds me of a bird and just isn't fierce looking like the previous design. What I'm wandering the most though is how is he going to do his head eating fatality with that little mouth lol before his mouth was always big, but now its average sized. It would be cool if they showed him expand it like a snake.
And like a bird, they are related to reptiles.
The only thing I don't like about his costume is his small ass teeth, so much weak sauce in his mouth :(
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100818155633/mk/images/e/e7/SubZerovsReptileMK9.jpg
Hmmm he has teeth of a iguana.

Why do you think its lame?

Because I don't think he should dress as a scorpion just because his codename is Scorpion, just look at his shoulder pads or his mask or his blades, there are scorpions references all over him!
I would have liked a more "wasted" look, more akin to a spectre coming back from hell (ops, Netherealm...), for example still keeping his ninja outfit but with more demonic/undead features, like the blank eyes and similar stuff.
Something like this would have been perfect:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think MK 2011 Reptile's design, is the best thus far. I would rather him be a reptile, because it is his species. I don't like the idea of having another human ninja in the game. This costume sets reptile apart from the other ninjas. Reptile isn't human, so he shouldn't be portrayed as one. I agree, in the past he has had some terrible designs. But this costume in MK9 is by far, a huge improvement. I would say that a human reptile would be okay for an alt, or maybe DLC, but its nothing I care about. I think a human reptile would just be as mundane and boring as the other ninjas. (with the exception of Ermac and Rain). I think it would be best to make each character stand apart from each other aside from being a color swap. And NRS has done so with this game by making him a ninja again, ut reptile at the same time. His new look is epic and I love the way his face looks.

as i've said numorous times, i like the design. good to see so many other's agree, i thought i was in a very very small minority!

and yes i hate how scorpion has scorpion references all over him.. kinda tacky.

I too am a big fan of the way Reptile looks in the new game!

Reptile is from a race called Saurians (as in dinosaur) and I hope we all know by now dinosaurs have more in common with birds than reptiles. I believe they're going for a more dinosaur influenced look this time around and I for one really like the new design. It's my favorite look for Reptile by far.

I too am a big fan of the way Reptile looks in the new game!

Reptile is from a race called Saurians (as in dinosaur) and I hope we all know by now dinosaurs have more in common with birds than reptiles. I believe they're going for a more dinosaur influenced look this time around and I for one really like the new design. It's my favorite look for Reptile by far.

...Kay. So you're cool with Reptile turning into a.... dino-bird?

Also, they think Dinosaurs may have been mammals... Not reptiles. Sooo lets not bring Science into this. It'll get too confusing when it doesn't need to.

Reptile looks like an idiot. Lets just go with that.

Personally i love the new look. I mean with a name like Reptile id expect him to have reptilian features even if he is in humanoid form. This look is my favorite as well as his MKSM n MK4 look. I dont see what other ppl woulf come to expect. He isnt just a pallette swap nemore, he his own character. But everyones entitled to their own opinion...so this is mine lol!