Team America: World Police

Mac

Okay, really, you might as well admit it, who else has seen this? Cause I loved it. What a great paice of shit! And I mean that in the most possitive way possible. If you're a fan of South Park, gutter comedy, or marionettes, you should see it as soon as possible. The thing that I've always loved about Matt Stone and Trey Parker as that they poke fun at eveybody and everything with joyous, wreckless abandon, and they certainly hold no punches here. Case in point: they had to go back to the MPAA 10 times in order to get around an NC-17 rating to their current R because of the puppet sex scene. And hearing them descibe the three types of people (d!cks, pussies, and @ssholes) is certainly worth the price of the ticket. And who wouldn't love the main theme for Team America (whose main verse sounds like "America, f*ck yeah!")? So really, if you're in the mood to laugh--and are not easily offended--this is definately worth a look.

I agree totally... great funny film. In my top 5 of the year, all of which are comedies pretty much. And they don't take sides either, that adds so much to the movie because it's not attacking anyone in particular just the whole culture of America right now.

And I want the soundtrack so bad... "I miss you as much as Pearl Harbor sucked"

I knew this movie was going to kick seriously funny ass! Billybob40 picked me up from the airport yesterday and i was telling him that while in Atlanta, I saw a CNN report on how the movie almost received an NC17 rating! LOL!!! I want to go and see it bad, but I'm almost tempted to wait for the uncut DVD release!

The movie was a waste of the 21 bucks I paid to see it. It was humerous at times few and far between. AvsP was far better than this movie.

God of thunder said:
AvsP was far better than this movie.

Good fucking lord. This movie must really be bad.

That and it's made by the creators of Southpark and Basketball. Two non-funny things. I will probabaly catch it when it hits Max or HBO.

Oh. And I'm a fan of the Alien and Predator series. But AvP was a complete joke. How did that girl get out of Antarctica? I mean she was there, in the pitch black, with not even a sweater on. I'm not sure of the temperatures there but I know its less than -50 degrees. Plus she had been flying around in snow. I sorta liked how the Predators congratulate her by giving her the staff but then leave her to die in the middle of no where. Good ending to a dumb movie.

The stuppiest thing about AVP was the fact that a predator befriends some cute chick. PUH-LEASE !!!! That is beyond gay. He would of whacked her and moved on.

billybob40 said:
The stuppiest thing about AVP was the fact that a predator befriends some cute chick. PUH-LEASE !!!! That is beyond gay. He would of whacked her and moved on.

I could go rant on about how stupid you are, oh hell why not. Predator's are an Honorable race, similar to the Klingon's when it comes to the "hunt." The predator's respect the strong and do not kill the weak or the dying. Before you open you're ignorant little trash hole, why don't you do some research you flipping idiot. And as for AvsP, it was a good movie, not a "great" movie. I enjoyed it, though it seemed a bit short and the media played it to be an all out war, I look forward to the sequel.

Stop bashing my Predator, jerks. :(

This movie actually looks pretty good. I loved BASEketball, so I'm sure this will follow suit.

StonedSour said:
This movie actually looks pretty good. I loved BASEketball, so I'm sure this will follow suit.

Baseketball was one of the funniest movies ever. The soul reason I wanna check this movie out. The one problem is that it looks way too much like Thunderbirds.

Havik said:
StonedSour said:

Baseketball was one of the funniest movies ever. The soul reason I wanna check this movie out. The one problem is that it looks way too much like Thunderbirds.

BASKETball was an above average movie with some laughs the first half. But the second half totally goes downhill. As with all movies, the first half is usually the best ... but then once the love interest or final showdown or so forth comes into the picture, it just gets bogged down. Office Space is another good example of this as far as comedies go. Great first half. Boring 2nd half.

God of thunder said:
billybob40 said:

I could go rant on about how stupid you are, oh hell why not. Predator's are an Honorable race, similar to the Klingon's when it comes to the "hunt." The predator's respect the strong and do not kill the weak or the dying. Before you open you're ignorant little trash hole, why don't you do some research you flipping idiot. And as for AvsP, it was a good movie, not a "great" movie. I enjoyed it, though it seemed a bit short and the media played it to be an all out war, I look forward to the sequel.

You're an idiot. Never give a review again until you learn what a good movie is. AvP a good movie?!?! The acting sucked and the story sucked. It was just one of those "cool" movies teenagers go see.

oh god anderson was the worst director you could have found for AVP. I mean the scene with the predator and girl running side by side like batman and robin wanted to make me puke. :x

highwaytothelost said:
You're an idiot. Never give a review again until you learn what a good movie is. AvP a good movie?!?! The acting sucked and the story sucked. It was just one of those "cool" movies teenagers go see.

This is the worst part about that movie. I find that today A LOT of kids (high school age) have never seen an Alien or Predator movie. Yes, they know of them, but they have never actually watched one. Since there hasn't been an Alien or Predator movie in years (Alien:R being the most recent) this is the only movie to represent their franchise. And it does a bad job. I think the movie completely made the Predators, who are hunting bad asses, look like a bunch of weak fairies.

As for the Aliens ... don't get me started. If you watch Alien ... it's a pretty good sci-fi horror movie. You get the feeling that this creature is deadly. Then in Aliens (2) you get a HUGE build up of how vicious and hostile these things are. When they finally come into play, your build up is reinforced. The aliens are mean, ugly, scary, and vicious.

In this movie there is no build up of the Aliens what so ever and they really do nothing with them to give the movie that Alien-feel. There is no feeling of being "scared" or "nervous" in this entire movie. As a matter of fact you laugh at most of the stuff as it's so dumb.

Here's a big time example of not using the franchises correctly. They take a face hugger - a creature that is FAST as hell and goes straight for the neck - and town the fucking movie down to show it "SLOW MOTION" jumping. Why would you take a creature who relies on speed and create slow motion footage of it leaping? Complete screw up. The whole reason for doing this is because one of the computer guys wanted to do it really badly so they let him. What a joke. The franchise and franchise history comes before some nerd with can render images.

I just thought it was an awful way to introduce both franchises to potential new fans and people who have heard so much about both but never seen either. Bah!

highwaytothelost said:
God of thunder said:
billybob40 said:

Well obviously you don't know the difference between a good movie and a spectacular movie. I thought Americans understood english, at least grammar. ( Oh yes before I continue with the insults, I'll repost this later updated, please answer this questionare. What part of the USA do you live in? What is your Nationality? Are you gay? Do you have a mental handicap? Is yes, please tell me which one, so I can properly insult you for you inability, and everyone can feel sorry for you because you are inept at replying properly. Thankyou and buckle up for safety mother fucker.)

Oh yes, movies and how to classify them properly.

sucks - worst movie you have ever seen. IE: your mother stripping.

bad - The movie does not completely suck and made you laugh at least once. IE: The movie of your high school graduation.

Poor - This is a movie you actually paid to see and wanted your money back or were forced to take a sibling too. IE: Pokemon: the movie.

adequate - This is a movie you beleive you got your money's worth and will not watch again. IE: Shitty shitty bang bang. (Chitty chitty bang bang.) Lord of the rings, the 70's animated piece of shit.

Good - A movie you enjoyed and would like to see again and would look forward to a sequal. IE: AvsP, The wedding Singer, Dogma, etc.

Very Good - A movie you are fond of and have bought a dvd or tape of. IE: TMNT 1, 2, and 3. Mortal Kombat, etc.

Great - These are movies you take quotes from, laugh about, get emotional, etc.. Ie: Happy Gilmore, Predator 2, Blood sport, Almost every Jackie chan movie, etc...

Fantastic - These are movies that have their own category and are hard to describe with words. IE: You're funeral, Spider 1 & 2, The star wars trilogy (4,5,6), Lord of the rings newer version, etc...

SolidSkorpion said:
ok your're obviosly in denial...

you're right about AVP having a sequel, they'll milk the franchise as much as they can....

I bet you're the type of inidividual that said "Hero" sucks as well.

wtf u on about, you dont even know me - fyi, i've got hero on dvd and like it a lot.

and there is a huge gulf between AVP and hero, you just cant compare them...