Boxart discussion

To buy a spoon

961031_126538_front.jpg

nzrclx.png

Personally, I like the PS3 boxart more. Thoughts?

not keen on boxart much preferd just the simple Mortal Kombat sign with Mortal kombat above it....simple can be coooler

Simplicity>>>everything else.
If the series is to reboot, NRS should look back in the old MKI~MKII days and create a bleak cover, like they used to do.

Last edited:
the cover is weak. that pic belongs on the BACK of the case. the brand spankin new segmented dragon logo is all that is needed. DUHHH, NRS!

I would prefer a simple cover like this one I made.
mk9ps3cover.jpg

It would of been better with that one. I think they should use the Sub-Zero and Scorpion one for the Kollecter's editon the other editon(which I forgot the name), and for pre-order games.

EDIT: The one you posted is more darker. I think they did this for when people see it at a store they automaticly know its Sub-Zero and Scorpion from Mortal Kombat and make them wanna buy it. Then they buy it!

Damn I was analyzing the PS3 cover for maybe a hidden message, and was just thinking hey there is the living forest in the upper right. And Scorpion was posed in front of the symbol because after all these years he is still the man Ed Boon dreams of being. Also there I noticed the Mortal Kombat logo looks like it was some scratches and dings in it. Then I scrolled down to the 360... Banjo Kazooie?

If you like the cover art I made, you can have it printed and use that one instead.
The paper insert is easy to replace.

Last edited:
I like it. Prefer the simplicity of MK better (and this pic on the BACK of case is a really good idea), but I can certainly live w/ this.

No you're not the only one, the cover art is great. It definitely shows the fighting aspect of the game and not ignoring the MK symbol in the back (since that's the first thing I noticed) while showing the poster boys of the series that it has been recognized for.

Precisely detailed, not much of a clusterf*** as the MKvsDC package

Very good point.

Actually, I wouldn't suggest them to go that far. I mean, look at the MKA cover:

MKA_Wii_boxart.jpg

It fits perfectly into the MK atmosphere. The dragon logo and the agony of countless souls, unable to find peace: only torment for all eternity.
"Beautiful" is the best word I'd use to describe it.

I for one really like the box art, eventhough the logo cover is great I think the gamer who does not know much about MK might just pass it by. This cover art on the other hand shows the two familar characters in action, which might spark a good MK memory or two. Showing them like this may also get the attention of someone who doesn't even know who the two are, hence geting casual gamers/fighting fans interested. Showing them in action further states the "Kombat" in the title, this cover definitely screams hardcore fighting game in my opinion .