Will MK9 be fate to the current PSN troubles?

Grafx

Activision says closing Black Ops PSN servers may be “viable”. Activision has reportedly told an angry PlayStation 3 executive, that the publisher may shut down Call of Duty: Black Ops’ PlayStation Network servers due to the breach of the PS3 Firmware security.

Sister studio Infinity Ward also seems to be giving up on Sony’s network, laying the blame for Modern Warfare 2’s security issues at the platform holder’s door.

So with that said... how will netherrealm studios get around the cheating going on with PS3 online games now due to the security breach?

This is why I hate people who think hacking a system should be treated as a big ****ing achievement.

sometimes cheating is the only way to get what you want, believe me i live in a crappy country where everything's restricted i can't sometimes even allow f*king VISA bill payment, so i have to cheat...i'm not justifying anyone just throwing my 5 cents...

It was 'taken out of context'. See here ...

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/treyarch-community-manager-reaffirms-committment-ps3/

Activision has been on a warpath lately to point the finger at everyone else but themselves. Just read the article about the past fallout with the Infinity Ward developers.

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2010/03/05/activision-and-infinity-split-gets-nasty/

They (Activision) would be ignorant to shut down their Modern Warfare servers on PSN. Is there a security flaw on the PS3? I'm sure. Has there been security flaws on ALL consoles? YES!!! Any online enabled system will be hacked at some point or another, it is inevitable. However, we must be patient and understand that Sony is actively working on a firmware update to close this security flaw. In other words, Activision is just passing the blame to Sony since they can't seem to stabilize their online games. Is it possible MK 2011 may fall victim to hacking? Possibly. But to not play, or not enjoy the system and games is absurd.

The security flaw that was used to hack was in the hardware, not the firmware. It can only be fixed by hardware upgrade. this has been said many times

screw activision...greedy bastards...there next move will be to start charging players for MP...series is trash now anyways

Please provide links...

Sony says: "We will fix the issues through network updates, but because this is a security issue, we are not able to provide you with any more details."

Applied correctly, it would take billions of years to derive the private key from the public key, or to make a signature without knowing the private key, even when you have all the computational power in the world at your disposal. The signing recipe requires that a random number be used as part of the calculation, with the caveat that that number must be truly random and not predictable in any way. However, Sony wrote their own signing software, which used a constant number for each signature. This means it can not be fixed through software, but hardware only.