Mortal Kombat 9 Fatalities-Better Perhaps?

Shinatama93

The reason why I made this thread was because I used to think the fatalities from the previous games were cool, but then, when you think about it, they are either completely pointless, boring or punch a lot of holes for questions. If Kitana's kiss really made people inflate, why the hell didn't Liu Kang die when they were a couple?
Why would Li Mei's combo fatality in Deception make anyone explode? And would someone please explain to me why the hell Shujinko would stick two random swords into a body with its head already removed? If their going to continue injuring someone, at least do it right and do it when they are alive.

So Im hoping Mortal Kombat 9 will bring about some much more...well we can't say realistic; but more or less...is the word Im going for better?
At any rate, all I can say is, enough with bodies exploding for no reason purely for bloodshed. It makes NO SENSE.

I never looked upon fatalities as anatomically correct. Just nonsensical, satisfying violence. Realism is cool and all, but there is something awesome about seeing about 9 rib-cages explode out of your opponent.

I never looked upon fatalities as anatomically correct. Just nonsensical, satisfying violence. Realism is cool and all, but there is something awesome about seeing about 9 rib-cages explode out of your opponent.

Agreed. Along with 2 or three skulls, 4 femurs and 4 tibias etc. lol What ever it would take to fill the bottom screen of bones

I would be upset if Kitana's kiss of death of death didn't return. It's her trademark fatality, there hasn't been one game she was in that didn't use it as a fatality. They even used it in mK vs dcu even though it was one of the more violent fatalities. Plus it would be nice to see someone completely explode than just more dismemberment.

Also about the logicalness of fatalities... It's a video game.

look pretty final to me considering were under 4 months from release.... and we have seen no changes at all

...i don't give a crap about logic intention of fatalities...all i care really are two things - gore and violence...and nothing else metters...

The point for MK fatalities was to make them over the top kills nothing more. Over the yrs theyve become more over the top n pointless for some but others still keep their relevance.
Quan chis neck stretch fatality-HORRIBLE
Darrius's Picaso fatality-REALLY?

But others like Kanos heartrip, subzeros spine rip and scorpions flame are always gonna be cool.

So for the new nxt gen MK game i agree i hope fatalities arent corny any longer. I rather see an updated old fatality than some pointless one.

I don't understand why magic and chi mastery must also mean unrealistic death and biology. It's not like the concept of magic is something too far off to believe because it's something of the supernatural world, which is beyond human comprehension (such as our ability to comprehend infinity and unlimited decimals). The concept that there are other dimensions and different beings is not something unbelievable either.

I do not understand where this notion of "realism is for reality" come from. What do you people think is the reason we humans indulge ourselves into video games and media? Because it creates an awesome environment that lures us in under believable circumstances where the situation would otherwise seem impossible. The point of all entertainment is to draw us viewers in and suspend our disbelief to enjoy the "journey" they want to provide for us.

Silly and over the top fatalities ruins this. Mortal Kombat 1 was renown for it's creepy, mythical and dark atmosphere. MKII was like as well, but had some secret "jokes" which I suppose is fine since they were options. However, you have games like MKIII where some of the fatalities are just absolutely silly and it only continues to get worse with sequels.

It's like it has been decided to make MK one big joke.

Not true, mortalkombat. Humans, at least myself, play video games to escape reality. I'll play any RPG under the planet, and those certainly do not have "believable circumstances." But I still indulge myself in them.

The point is, silly and over the top fatalities are just that - silly. I don't think anyone disagrees with that. But unrealistic ones do not equal bad.

If you think that it makes MK one big joke because of that, it's just your opinion because it is certainly not mine.

mk has been a joke since mk3...you cant dispute it...only in mk3 did they start with the idiocy, like gorwing jax and stoping on people, idiotic arcade machines dropping on people....kabal blowing peopels head up like a balloon....then we got into farting an puking, thats was NEVER the case in mk1-2....you can see the difference in comparrison to 3....3 on wards was shit...mk2 was the last real mk game.....mk decpetion was ok , but it still had stupid elements

MK3 certainly is no joke; it's quite a great game overall.

But you know, he does have a point. The percentage of fatalities in MK3 that are just plain silly is far greater than in previous MK's...