Is it just me...?

PrinceScorpion

Hey guys is it just me that gets annoyed that NRS can't stick with the characters they killed off without bringing them back later in the series with weak excuses? I mean I'm not just looking for a reason to complain I love MK but this has always bothered me, it removes from the tension, build up and makes the whole storyline seem weak. Like when they killed Liu Kang and bought him back as a....Zombie*facepalm* or for example when they 'killed off' Goro, Sheeva, Johnny Cage and Khan but they were back in a few games with ridicilous explanations. Another thing which is pretty bad is the whole resurrection thing, i know Shang Tsung is a powerful sorcerer and all but if he can bring back Mileena (I think this is in MK2 - MK3) from the dead then doesn't that mean if any evil minion get's killed it's not really a big deal?

What I'm trying to say is either don't kill characters off to bring them back or kill them off for good. I'm all for killing characters off, I think MK doesn't have enough of this as it's a brutal universe yet nearly everyone manages to survive. I love Scorpion and Reptile, I've always picked them since MK1 but if their deaths are needed for a good storyline I'm all for it. Otherwise it just feels like nothings changing, no development is made and in the end it's hard to bring in good newer characters/storylines.

Unlike MK4 IMO the problem of MK: DA and Deception wasn't that all the introduced new characters were awful, it's just the newer characters couldn't compete with the classics who are arguably more loved, developed and known. Therefore the new characters weren't really given a chance because everyone compared them to the older characters and just picked their favorites.

Anyone agree? If not post your thoughts, I'm all up for a debate but no flaming please guys this is my first thread.

I'm fine with it. Obviously certain character could stand to be killed off for good, but I'd rather no one actually dies. So many characters were killed off after Deadly Alliance, including Kitana, which I'm totally not cool with. I think it's better that each fighter's fans are respected in this way by never having to see them erased completely, even if the story ends up being kind of silly for it.

Do you even know what the storyline of MK9 is?

Yeah but I haven't even mentioned MK9...why?

I'm fine with it. Obviously certain character could stand to be killed off for good, but I'd rather no one actually dies. So many characters were killed off after Deadly Alliance, including Kitana, which I'm totally not cool with. I think it's better that each fighter's fans are respected in this way by never having to see them erased completely, even if the story ends up being kind of silly for it.

Fair enough mate I see where you're coming from I just used Scorpion/Reptile as an example I know some characters are too crucial to go anywhere, I just hope that in the future they're more decisive about who's out/In

I'm DEFINITELY okay with it. The reason being is because the games need variety of characters and there also needs to be some story background, so why not?

Well Scorpion can't die so I don't care if the others die. But if radian can die that would be a shame no "gods" should be able to die.

Well Scorpion can't die so I don't care if the others die. But if radian can die that would be a shame no "gods" should be able to die.

This made me check the MK wiki. I wondered (since I've never played through MK Mythologies) if I had missed a god named Radian... but then after a minute or two it came to me... Radian.... RAIDEN! ;}

Don't think people understand what I'm trying to say, I ain't saying characters should be killed off - I'm saying that they shouldn't be killed off to be bought back with a silly excuse...either kill em off for good (or with a good enough twist) or don't kill anyone off at all

This made me check the MK wiki. I wondered (since I've never played through MK Mythologies) if I had missed a god named Radian... but then after a minute or two it came to me... Radian.... RAIDEN! ;}

Haha =P

Lol I guess he isn't kool enough for me to remember how his name Is spelled unless my iPod changed it

Just look at the bright side. This new game is just a shot back in time. So you can pretty much forget the MK story all together. This is a "RE-TELLING" of the events of MK1-3. Its a fresh start. I don't think the old story is even going to be interpreted in the new game. All we know is that raiden is about to get killed, when he suddenley sends a telekinetic message to his younger self saying "Don't let this happen!" so then he obviously informs the good guys about this and the story starts over. So don't anybody worry. This mine as well be an entire new fighting game that we never heard of!!!