I actually think MKDA was a half way descent game.

OK we know that you hate 3D MKs. We know that. Now, would you please stop bashing ?

Nope, i got an opinion, and when asked, i'll provide it.

besides, im not even bashing, im only telling the truth. dont like it? dont like my opinion? dont read it and certainly dont reply to it.

Thanks.

Nope, i got an opinion, and when asked, i'll provide it.

besides, im not even bashing, im only telling the truth. dont like it? dont like my opinion? dont read it and certainly dont reply to it.

Thanks.

You said that you provided your opinion and then said you were saying the truth ? Nah your opinion ain't the truth mate. An opinion is an opinion , not even an entire forums (TYM or Classic MK ) can change their opinions from opinions to facts.

You are welcome .

Deadly Alliance was the game that brought me back to MK (I had only played MK3 before) and made me fall in love with the series! I also think it had a great collection of new characters and one of the best rosters. Whilst the engine was far from perfect, I still loved the game and is probably the MK game I've played more then any other!

I'm pretty much on the exact same page as this guy. Me and a friend of mine played DA for hours on end, and it's probably one of my most played Gamecube games.
I kinda regret not following it up by staying current on the MK games afterwards. I somehow always followed news, previews and reviews on them and then, for some reason, ended up not buying them. That will all change however this coming April.

Where the heck did the common opinion come from that Deadly Alliance and Deception were bad games? They got good review for a reason.

Personally, Deadly Alliance is my second favorite game in the series. It kept the series afloat when everyone thought MK was vanishing with the 90s. Sure, it had its faults, but it had a HUGE...nostalgia factor. Furthermore, I didn't care much for Deception.

I actually prefer the later 3D MK games over the 2D ones.
Yep, you've read that right. Back in the 2D days, while everybody was playing MKII through MK Trilogy, it were Street Fighter II, Fatal Fury and a host of other 2D fighters for me.

But ever since MK Deadly Alliance, I've started to get into MK more than ever. With MK Deception being my favorite MK game. (Even tough Sonya isn't playable in that one.)

MK1 - Loved.
MK2 - Favourite.
MK3/UMK/MKT - Liked a lot
MK4 - Liked a lot
MK:DA - I liked it! Considering it's flaws you also have to take into account all the things they did right. I mean after MK4 they couldn't have another storyline where Liu Kang just wins the tournament I mean come on they had to move on.
MK: Deception - Loved it! Probably my favourite 3D MK game.
MK: Armageddon - HATED IT. My least favourite MK game, i hated the engine, the moves and most of all the ridicilous storyline.
MKvsDC - Was alright, enjoyed it for the online - thanks NRS =D

The story was one of the best parts of MKDA for sure, in my opinion its biggest downer was the horrible reptile design..he looked like a poor man`s lizardman from soul calibur on the dreamcast at that time

The story was one of the best parts of MKDA for sure, in my opinion its biggest downer was the horrible reptile design..he looked like a poor man`s lizardman from soul calibur on the dreamcast at that time

Heavily agreed.

MKDA was my first Mortal Kombat game and got me hooked on the series. I love it in every way except for the fact that Quan Chi and Shang Tsung were the final bosses. In my opinion DA is way better than Deception. I feel like they put Deception together in like a month

"I actually think MKDA was a half way descent game..... sike" lol

I kinda liked it i mean it was alright if they would've never killed off liu kang he wouldn't be a zombie in deception. That was my only problem with it and yea it brought some weird characters like that vampire chick and that drahmin guy and others & not to mention they gave quan chi the worst fatality ever. Overall i think deception was better IMO. It had more stuff going on more fatalities hara kiris it also brought konquest some pretty nice stage fatalities and other game modes .

I still enjoy MKDA even though I know its a mediocre fighter. I didn't mind the dial-a-combos until I started playing other fighters and realized how limiting it was, so my positive view on the game has slipped.

I thought it was somewhat decent as well. It was a nice reintroduction to the franchise after a 5 year absence, and it seemed like a prototype for what was I think one of the best games they've made, which was Deception.

Where the heck did the common opinion come from that Deadly Alliance and Deception were bad games? They got good review for a reason.

Yeah, I felt the same way when I joined this site. Deadly Alliance was awesome and Deception just expanded upon that. I still play Deception all the time. Hopfully Havik will make dlc along with Fujin and Rain. I am glad Kenshi made DLC.

MK1 - Great
MK2 -Favorite
MK3 - Most Played/Enjoyed
MK4 - Whatthe****IamIlookingat?
MK:DA - Whatthe****IamIlookingat?
MK: Deception - Whatthe****IamIlookingat?
MK: Armageddon - Whatthe****IamIlookingat?
MKvsDC - Whatthe****IamIlookingat?

I never liked the 3D ones, i would play Soul Caliber or Tekken if i wanted a 3D fighter
just my take :)

IMO, MKDA-MKA turned out kinda like the STAR WARS 1999-2005 movies.
A technological experiment which didn't have quite the same feel of the original universe.

I liked Mk until MK3, The use of NON digitized actors threw me off and made me hate it. Until MK4 Came out i didint play, Then when MKDA came out i bought it and loved it, And it went down hill from there...Deception and Armageddon were terrible, Too many new characters in Deception and Armageddon...Well, it sucked.

I love DA and Deception. Armageddon was a giant pile of shit aside from the story mode gameplay (notice I said gameplay. The story in and of it self sucked balls.).So yeah, you're not the only one who thinks MK:DA is a halfway "descent" game lol. Can we get that changed to 'decent' for ocd purposes?