Theory about Fujin

UncleRuckus

I have always liked Fujun since his appearance in MK4. Didn't like how Sub killed him in mythologies though. I loved his wind powers, his pony tail, and his newly added cape in MKA. He never really got a good inclusion in the MK plot. I understand that we already got Raiden, who I also love as the MK god of choice but, I think somehow Fujin could have been used better. Besides him being one of the Gods that protected Shinnok's Amulet what has he done?

My only theory is that Fujun is more or less a new god under Raiden that maybe is in charge of other duties reguarding Earthrealm. Maybe Raiden is the sole Earthrealm god charged with defending earth from other dimentional(realm) threats; and Fujun handles internal realm threats. Either way I love Fujun and would love to see him in a later MK release, or maybe a mythologies based gamed that shows his trials as a new god. What do you guys think?

In my opinion, Fujin is completely badass from MK4! He had cool moves, a cool outfit and look, a cool personality and even a cool name! To me he has more coolness factor to him than Quan Chi (Yeah go ahead guys flame me, I dare you all lol). He was very cool as character back then and his reappearance in MKA wasn't bad like most of the other MK4 characters!

Could make a him more involved by naming Fujin father to Rain. I would make him the Anti-Raiden. Shao Kahn makes him an offer to help him open a portal to earth realm after Kahn loses MK2. In return Kahn gives the amulet to Fujin to use in taking out the other elder gods. Raiden assigns Rain to talk his father out of this act. It then makes a confrontation between Rain and Fujin.

Thoughts.

Could make a him more involved by naming Fujin father to Rain. I would make him the Anti-Raiden. Shao Kahn makes him an offer to help him open a portal to earth realm after Kahn loses MK2. In return Kahn gives the amulet to Fujin to use in taking out the other elder gods. Raiden assigns Rain to talk his father out of this act. It then makes a confrontation between Rain and Fujin.

Thoughts.

I don't think NRS would go for that much retroactive continuity (though the MK story has a lot of that). But for this to work, we’d have to forget about the fact that the four elemental gods were charged with protecting the amulet by Raiden. We’d also have to forget that we’ve already learned Rain is the son of Argus, protector God of Edenia. Supposedly, Argus did not want Rain to know that he was his son because he favoured Rain’s half brothers, Taven and Daegon as heirs. Quan Chi reveals Rain’s demi-godhood to him and during Armageddon, Rain tries to prevent his half brothers from succeeding in their quest so that he can defeat Blaze himself.

It’s explained here: http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Rain