McCarron's MK Port Kollection

Patrick McCarron

TRMK Admin, Co-founder
Staff member
Many know that I've been "kollecting" the various MK ports for the last few years. I've recently filled in a good majority of my collection, and will be posting all the pictures of each version along with more info. I now have close to every port of the game, including a few pirated ports. Just a few I'm still missing or sets I'm not counting yet (Tiger Handhelds for instance) that I need to get yet. I mostly look for complete mint condition games, so that's one reason I take so long to expand my collection.

But for now here are a few pictures of the haul I took in over the Christmas break. I also bought a few sets of things that I had a few of already, so I have quite a few duplicates and may be letting those go later this year if anyone is interested in flushing out their own collections.

5327404887_cb115bc50f_z.jpg

All Mortal Kombat Deception Xbox Kollector's Editions along with the UK Steelbook edition of Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe

5327404675_8e849344b2_z.jpg

Rare European Promo Editions of MK Deception and MK Deadly Alliance

5327404341_8b47a6037c_z.jpg

All GameBoy Portable Versions Complete in Box now Aquired

5328015114_63cdec4e9b_z.jpg

Mortal Kombat 1 & 2 is a fairly rare item that was only made available on the PC and GameBoy. Here is the complete GameBoy US edition and the Jewel Case of the PC version. I haven't seen a MK1+2 PC box and manual in years.

5327403993_17a4cbde55_z.jpg

All Three Mortal Kombats for the Sega Master System and two of them for the Game Gear. Still missing MK3 for Game Gear, it's very rare and hard to find complete.

This MK2 Game Gear edition is sealed. I also have a different boxed version of MK2 for Sega Master System that isn't pictured.

3274003115_f133cf3a48.jpg

Mortal Kombat 2 for Super Famicom - New (Japan didn't seal their SNES games)
This is the famous green blood and black and white Fatalities edition. You can see more pictures I posted here

UPDATE 1/9/11

I finally went through my whole box, you will see most sets are complete and many of the games seen here are actually sealed new in package. (Hard to tell if not noted). If you want to see some closer, check out my Flickr Gallery Collection.

5339816111_bb348144d1_z.jpg

MK Misc Stuff
- MK2 Arcade Ad for Distributors
- MK TV Games
- MK Bootlegs for Famicom (NES) and Genesis (Mega Drive)

5339810931_33bf1e5f18_z.jpg

MK PC and Amiga Versions
- MK2 CD and Floppy Version (Need Box For This Version)
- Ultimate Guide to MK
- MK 1 & 2 PC (Need Box Here Too)

5340420274_c46b81ff02_z.jpg

MK Nintendo Ports (SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, GB, GBA, DS)
- MK1 and MK2 Japan SNES (Super Famicom) that has green blood

5340418466_63430bd574_z.jpg

MK Sega Ports (Master System, Genesis, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, GameGear)
- MKT for Saturn I forgot I don't have this Manual
- 2 Different Master System MK2 boxes
- 2 Different Game Gear MK1 Boxes
- Both buggy and fixed versions of MK Gold for Dreamcast
NEED/MISSING:
- MK3 boxed for Sega GameGear
- Sega CD MK1 Alternate Box
- MKT alternate box for Saturn in Japan

5339802779_3c506dba47_z.jpg

MK Sony Ports (PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PSP)
- MKD and MKDA UK Promos
- MK2 Japan PS1
- Two MKvsDC UK Editions (Steelbook and Regular)
- Red Label PS3 MKvsDCU with Warner Bros Games logo
NOT PICTURED:
- MKM:SZ (in a later picture)
- MKT Black Label (in a later picture)
- MK4 Black Label (on it's way)
- Black Label MKDA US (on it's way)
NEED:
- MK:SF (not bought yet)
- MK:Unchained GH Version
- Super rare MK3 small box for PS1.
- MKvsDC US Kollector's Edition
- MKvsDC US Regular Not Greatest Hits Edition
- Remaining 3 MKA PS2 Kollectors Editions
- MKA Euro Promo
- MK3 Japan and MKT Japan (Alternate Boxes)

5340414782_0db498becb_z.jpg

MK Xbox Ports (Xbox, Xbox 360)
- MKDA GameStop Collectors Coin
- All Four MKD Editions, some sealed.

5340413440_0a0f422c1e_z.jpg

MK 1 Arcade Bootleg Board

5339819021_9ca9638549_z.jpg

MK2 Dedicated Arcade Cabinet
Inside are following PCBs:
- Mortal Kombat 1
- Mortal Kombat 2
- Utlimate Mortal Kombat 3
- Mortal Kombat 4
- Killer Instinct 1

UPDATE 1/10

The post office delivered three new items today

5343453289_7f067c58b0_z.jpg

- MK PC Sealed. This box is different than my other box, it opens at the top (if it wasn't sealed shut). The original also reads "1.0" on the side. This box does not. This is likely an updated version of the game packaging, maybe the game itself as we know the MK1&MK2 PC version of MK1 was improved.
- MK Trilogy Black Label for PS1. This one has an Orange disc, I just need the rare Black Label, Silver Disc edition. (if it really exists)
- MK Mythologies Sub-Zero for PS1. I never played this on the PS1. I can now.

Last edited:
Sweet collection ;}
My favourite MK collectible must be my Baraka PS2 fatality controller.
It looks great... but the D-pad is almost as bad as the 360 one.

My favourite MK collectible must be my Baraka PS2 fatality controller.
It looks great... but the D-pad is almost as bad as the 360 one.

I was going to buy those controllers from the guy who I got some of these games from, but opted not to try too hard for them at this point. Games first, then I'll consider accessories, etc.

You know you could just get an emulator and download the ROMs for this stuff, right? :p

All kidding aside, it's a neat little collection. I don't remember seeing the SMS games on the wall at NRS, so that's definitely a cool addition.

Wow I had no idea there were SMS versions of MK.... is that a Brazilian thing?

Brazil had them for sure, but seems that they were sold outside of Brazil as well as the Brazil ones have different boxes.

You know you could just get an emulator and download the ROMs for this stuff, right? :p

All kidding aside, it's a neat little collection. I don't remember seeing the SMS games on the wall at NRS, so that's definitely a cool addition.

Sure I could have, but I have the REAL games which hold real value. Not some file on a disk with 0 value.

I've updated the post with another one I had a picture taken of already from last year. MK2 for Super Famicom, the "Green Blood" edition.

Last edited:
Flawless Victory. I noticed the Wii version of MKA is missing...

Anyway, I have a MK kollection too. However, it not "hardcore" as yours (only 1 version of each title is enough for me).

Flawless Victory. I noticed the Wii version of MKA is missing...

No european PSOne version of MK Trilogy?
Or is the pictures not up yet? ;}

I've said many times above that all the pictures are not posted. I got many more waiting.

I don't have a European PS1 MKT but is there something different with it? I know of three different US versions, of which I have two.

Excellent collection! I have MK 1 on gameboy too, awsome game.

I beg your pardon ?! MK2 for the original Game Boy was an awsome game... a fantastic & incredible game : one of the best figting game ever made for an 8 bit handheld console !!

But certainly NOT MK1 ! Please ! It was ugly !

I've said many times above that all the pictures are not posted. I got many more waiting.

I don't have a European PS1 MKT but is there something different with it? I know of three different US versions, of which I have two.

I think that the cover is in silver with the regular MKT logo. And the instruction book is of course in some different languages.

I think that the cover is in silver with the regular MKT logo. And the instruction book is of course in some different languages.

I may have to look for that along with the Euro MK3 PS1 release which was also very different packaging. I like to get those when they are vasty different looking.