Is anyone as big a mortal kombat 4 fan as I am?

I love MK4 soooo ****ing hard. I remember going into practice mode with my brother and we would just fight for hours lol. And the combos were anything but repetitive, you just had to incorporate you characters specials into your combos. A lot of people don't know about the universal pop-up combo (HP, HP, HK, uppercut). That opened up dozens more combos for me when I learned about it :)

You're definitely not the only one. I'm a big fan of MK 4 as well! It may even be my favorite Mortal Kombat lol! There are so many aspects of MK 4 I like even to this day.

I have always wanted a 100% arcade perfect port available but with arcade quality versions of all the home console costumes available (like unmasked Scorpion and ninja Reptile). I can take or leave Goro but I have always wondered what his model would look like with true arcade quality graphics.

Happy there are others who like it. I always seem to see nothing but hate for the game but I've always loved it.

MK4 is one of my favorites in the series. Sure, it could be kind of strange at times and Fujin's crossbow sucked, but I still think the game is very, very solid.

yes, i love MK4 but not near as much MK Gold !

Mortal Kombat Gold Has Baraka in it !, first time he showed up in 3D,

1 feature MK4/G had was pick up a skull or rock and throw it at the opponent, do you guys think we will ever see that again ?

It was an awesome show, still has some of the best fatalities to date, but I got board with it quick.
The fighting system was just too repetitive and shallow IMHO.
A lot of people don't know about the universal pop-up combo (HP, HP, HK, uppercut).
Rly? I thought for sure everyone who played MK4 more than a couple of hours would know about that, maybe it was just me.

It was an awesome show, still has some of the best fatalities to date, but I got board with it quick.
The fighting system was just too repetitive and shallow IMHO.

Rly? I thought for sure everyone who played MK4 more than a couple of hours would know about that, maybe it was just me.

In my experience, people only use the combo that ends with a roundhouse kick.

I loves it I do! They sorted out the single player difficulty and added better fatalities.

So do I love MK4 guys. Thank you all for your responses and support. I hope one day this game (Or MK Gold) gets released properly and online. It has too much potential to go unreleased.

I love MK4 soooo ****ing hard. I remember going into practice mode with my brother and we would just fight for hours lol. And the combos were anything but repetitive, you just had to incorporate you characters specials into your combos. A lot of people don't know about the universal pop-up combo (HP, HP, HK, uppercut). That opened up dozens more combos for me when I learned about it :)[/QUOTE Ye
Yeah this work about every character too. Jump in with Hp, Hp,Hp,Hk,down+Hp, run in hit opponent two times with Hp, Jump in with Hk, special move. Maximum damage baby. I think I got that right????lol

It was pretty good. It was the first MK where I really started to learn combos. It's A LOT easier to learn than in UMK3 but I like both. However, the graphics are mostly pathetic and fatalities are too hard to perform manually in this game. That's why I always like doing the bonebreaker as the finisher or a one button fatality code. Kitana was my favorite and I remember mastering the game with her a loooooong time ago. I wish I my Dreamcast isn't broken. I still have MKG the game.

I wanted to like Mortal Kombat 4, I tied to, but it just didn't do it for me. I think it is the worst in the series, followed by MK vs DC. The best, hands down is MK2. For its time, it blew me away the most. I was at the arcade every free second I had. I was obsessed. None of them have affected me like that since.

MK4 is Favorite MK game to date, it was my introduction into the series and i loved it ever since never really could get in to MK3 but I also like MK2 lot too

Mk4 was okay, I liked it. I just thought maybe they should have had added more of the original cast. There was no Kano which i remember being really bummed about and it didn't feel like a true sequel to UMK3.

It was the first "3D" offering, and I can't say it disappointed me. I used to play it on N64 back in the day, and it was something I played for hours on end. It was truly what I wanted in a MK game. I only remember doing one stage fatality, but I don't know if there even was any more than that. -.- I still play it from time to time on my PC, and I even uploaded a video. Noob Saibot ftw.

MK2 and MK4 are the best in my opinion. I was not a big fan of MK Triology cause the fatalities were terrible created. The MK4 graphics were absolutly stunning at this time and it also includes my favorite MK fatalitiy. (Reptiles head eating one)

lol nice video.

I can't say I ever liked MK4 or Gold. I was not a big fan of early 3D fighters. I thought MK4 would be the death of Mortal Kombat. Thank god years and years later that MKD came out. It saved Mortal Kombat for me and allowed me to use Baraka in 3D

Oh and Mk4 = no Baraka so fail

MK2
MKT
MKD

For the win!