Is anyone as big a mortal kombat 4 fan as I am?

Gameplay wise, I did like MK4 better because it wasn't so hard to do combos. In fact, MKG was the first MK game I became an expert in.

lol nice video.

I can't say I ever liked MK4 or Gold. I was not a big fan of early 3D fighters. I thought MK4 would be the death of Mortal Kombat. Thank god years and years later that MKD came out. It saved Mortal Kombat for me and allowed me to use Baraka in 3D

Oh and Mk4 = no Baraka so fail

MK2
MKT
MKD

For the win!

baraka was in MKG, So whats your excuse now lol

In fact, MKG was the first MK game I became an expert in.

Same here, except it was 4 for me.

I got it when I was a wee lad, the first MK I ever personally owned :love:
For some reason, I was scared to do arcade. So for about 3 weeks I only played practice mode. And I didn't know you could change characters so for 3 weeks I played as Kai against Reptile in the Well. And I loved every second of it.

Same here, except it was 4 for me.

I got it when I was a wee lad, the first MK I ever personally owned :love:
For some reason, I was scared to do arcade. So for about 3 weeks I only played practice mode. And I didn't know you could change characters so for 3 weeks I played as Kai against Reptile in the Well. And I loved every second of it.

Ahahaha how old were you?

Yea i loved MK4 i would play it everyday i liked the part were if you didn't press start after loosing a fight you'll end up on some spikes. I also liked the part were there was this grabbing move i forgot which button it was but basically it would twist the guys leg and he would yell aww my arm lol. Reptiles fatality eating a guys face off..good times.

Having played MK1-Trilogy long before touching 4 or MKM...I rented an N64 (back when blockbuster did that) and played MKM and MK4 for a straight weekend, like 40 hours of gaming breaking for meals.

The things I immediately realized were that MKM was the shit and MK4 was just shit.

MK4 was amazing I still love that game. It was fast pace and the combos were really fun to pull off. Not to mention it was the debute of my girl Tanya!

I still have a Dreamcast that only works upside down, and the only game I have for it is MK4 Gold. I won't part with it. LOL

I have the arcade pcb and the game is very under rated. The game speed and system compliment each other so well. Unfortunately this was there 1st time out of their comfort zone and going to 3d and testing the waters with new Zeus hardware. Also didn't help with Midway constantly pushing the team to get it out the door. It has graphical glitches and some camera issues, however the system itself is smooth and built well. Some of the FMVs are ok, however it would have been interesting to see how different the game would be if they had less pressure and more time. Also having John Tobias working on it as well since he was doing SZ:M at the time.

MK4 is underrated. It is still the only game in the MK series with FMV arcade endings (DC Universe and MK9 have FMV cutscenes, of course). Sure, it didn't reach its full potential, had terrible voice acting, introduced Jarek, and was the first 3D game, but I consider it a klassic, and it still has the best batch of new characters of any MK game in the post-UMK3 era; we got Tanya, Reiko, Fujin, Shinnok, Quan Chi, and Kai (who has potential at least unlike Jarek). It still felt like an MK game despite it being a 3D game, and it like MK1-UMK3 came to the arcades first, so the nostalgia value for me is quite high for it.

The arcade version didn't have FMV endings all the graphics and endings where done in game using the in game engine. This goes for the intro too with the Raiden speech and the camera panning around him. Same thing with the N64 version. The only versions that had FMV endings where the PC\PSX version and probably MKG.

Anyway I Liked MK4 especially since it was the last installment to be in the arcade and feature mostly classic gameplay. It was the only MK with 2.5d gameplay before MK9 came out.

The only things I could have done without are the sidestepping and how you easily lost your weapon when you drew it. I think the weapons system in it was pretty lackluster especially because of that although it did have some pretty good moves. They shouldn't have felt the need to put weapons in there if they had to make it so you lost them so easily.

I loved MK4 in the Arcades i remember heading out to the arcades in Southern California i was 12 that time and the lines were full to play the game in the arcades i was like wow..really? It was a bad ass game back then the sound, the graphics everything about it was awesome i couldnt wait for it to come out on PS1 but when it did, it didnt feel the same as the arcades because the decrease of the polygons for each character etc...Even when the Dreamcast version came out they said it was higher then the Arcade counterpart..it did have quality graphics etc..but it still was Arcade perfect..till this day i still wait for NRS to release a PERFECT Arcade port of MK4 on PSN and Xbox Live just like there doing with the other 3 classics..MK4 may not be everyones favorite but i think it does deserve a chance for those that liked the game like myself to be released on the home platforms for PSN and Xbox Live..imagine playing an Arcade Perfect of MK4 not Gold but MK4 Reversion 3 on your PSN and or Xbox Live..that would be awesome..what if the game came out as an unlockable edition with the last MK games being released in June? What do you guys think?

It's my favorite. That is probably because it's the first I played for arcade and N64. So I'm partial to my first impression of the franchise.