Ideas for new characters

Destroyer_13

i had to start a thread, so here it is. new characters is a possibility for DLC and well i guess for any future mk game. so lets hear your ideas for new mk characters.
i would like to see a new male boss character in a higher position than kahn or onaga. also a female sub boss. also another motaro type character (they can have goro and kintaro). and also a female character kinda like shang tsung or quan chi, sorta like a sorceress or whatever.(sindel is closest they have to that but i would like to see a better more well known character like that) all these characters shouldnt be rip offs of each other or another mk character. ill go more into detail later. but definalely a new male "top" boss is a must.

I have like a lot of ideas.
- An alien from another planet who seeks perfection and intends to absorbs warriors of the weak and the strong. (Ex. to get rid of: Kobra & Darrius) (Alien based on Cell from DBZ, Venom and Glacius from KI)
- A lycanthrope shaman from a rival tribe of Nightwolf and a member of the Red Dragon clan. A rivalry also with Nitara.
- A vampire prince.
- A tibetan monk with magic abilities and has connections to the multiverse. (Based on Doctor Strange)
- A witch.
- The future son of Liu Kang and Kitana with the power to control time and space. And is the true champion of the Elder gods.
- The daughter of Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade with astral abilities.
- An Edenian bellydancer. She is also in love with the future son.
- An evil spider ninja from an insect realm who is rivals to Reptile and his saurians.
- An osteokinetic warrior from Outworld. He can control bones from his exoskeleton and can summon fossil-like creatures. Even turn his exoskeleton body into armor.
- Tekunin ninjas with magnetokinesis, bio-hazard toxics and gravitokinesis.
- Inari, the goddess of fertility who is friends with Raiden and Fujin. Wielding chlorokinesis.
- A pharaoh who is resurrected as a mummy.
- A warrior from the realm of chaos who can stretch his body.
- A warrior from Seido who seeks to end the war between chaos and order and tries to put both realms in balance.
- A special forces agent who can change his size from big to small. (Based on Ant Man and Wasp.)
- A demon from the Netherealm born from evil souls like Ermac. He can control dimension abilities.
- A dinosaur-like Saurian from each dinosaur... like Reptile's DA costumes. But only this time.... this one serves under the bad guys.... if Reptile ever turns good. Dino Exs. Tyranno, Tricera, Tupuxuara/Pterodactyl, Ankylo & Stego.
- An orange pyromancer ninja who becomes Scorpion's student at a young age.

In the Great Kung Lao's past:
- An exiled barbarian based on Conan and He-Man.
- An amazoness.
- Suijin, god of water.

Last edited:
The day an elf is in MK is the day I lose all respect for the franchise:vollkommenauf:
As for a new character I'd like to see the grandmaster of Scorpion's clan come into play.

The day an elf is in MK is the day I lose all respect for the franchise:vollkommenauf:
As for a new character I'd like to see the grandmaster of Scorpion's clan come into play.

Will Ferrell in...

Mortal Kombat

A demon from the Netherealm born from evil souls like Ermac. He can control dimension abilities.
- A grim reaper servant of Shinnok.

That pretty much sums up Noob Saibot

your ideas are... uh... pretty terrible, to be blunt. this isn't DBZ or naruto or dungeons and dragons, it's mortal kombat. most of your ideas make absolutely no sense in the context of MK.

i had to start a thread, so here it is. new characters is a possibility for DLC and well i guess for any future mk game. so lets hear your ideas for new mk characters.
i would like to see a new male boss character in a higher position than kahn or onaga. also a female sub boss. also another motaro type character (they can have goro and kintaro). and also a female character kinda like shang tsung or quan chi, sorta like a sorceress or whatever.(sindel is closest they have to that but i would like to see a better more well known character like that) all these characters shouldnt be rip offs of each other or another mk character. ill go more into detail later. but definalely a new male "top" boss is a must.

I'm a little confused at your post. You don't want them to be rip offs of other MK characters but you want another Motaro, a female Shang Tsung/Quan Chi....

I'm going to be a bit boring.
But bring in the old "concept" characters like Tremor, Hydro, Belokk... and of course. The character that deserves a spot the most is Zebron!

EDIT: Baphomet would also be awesome!
So many great concepts but none of them made it into the game.

Last edited:
Oh please, no new characters... neither as DLC.
We have about 63 - 26 = 37 characters. So, Netherrealm Studios, focus on them, make them good characters and add them a good storyline.

Reiko, Havik, Fujin, Kai, Hotaru... all good characters but with low personality. There are ideas and concepts, but they are underused/poorly developed.

Caps Lock or holding Shift is your friend.

Holy monstrous signature Batman!

Higher than Kahn or Onaga = Blaze...and he sucked. Shao Kahn is the Mortal Kombat boss period.

Noone wants to see a female anything unless they are practically naked (Mileena, Kitana, Jade, etc...)

A boss female will turn MK into a laughing stock both internally and externally. Stick with the huge badass males/creatures.

A female sorcerer? Ya....no. We have enough of them and they can't even make the cut.

I'm a little confused at your post. You don't want them to be rip offs of other MK characters but you want another Motaro, a female Shang Tsung/Quan Chi....

as long as their still quite different that would be good. like surely scorpion, sub-zero, reptile, ermac, and so on arent all rip offs of each other just because theyre all ninjas. what about goro and kintaro? they arent rip offs of each other.

Anyone who has a good MK hardcore look who has unique move that is a secret in MK9. The new characters were good when they were secret. Ermac, Reptile and Noob

Oh please, no new characters... neither as DLC.
We have about 63 - 26 = 37 characters. So, Netherrealm Studios, focus on them, make them good characters and add them a good storyline.

Reiko, Havik, Fujin, Kai, Hotaru... all good characters but with low personality. There are ideas and concepts, but they are underused/poorly developed.

I like this, spend more time developing the "lack-luster" characters that we already have.

I have like a lot of ideas. Kept thinkin' Dragonball Z-like
- An alien from another planet who seeks perfection and intends to absorbs warriors of the weak and the strong. (Ex. to get rid of: Kobra & Darrius) (Alien based on Cell from DBZ, Venom and Glacius from KI)
- A lycanthrope shaman from a rival tribe of Nightwolf and a member of the Red Dragon clan. A rivalry also with Nitara.
- A vampire prince.
- A tibetan monk with magic abilities and has connections to the multiverse. (Based on Doctor Strange)
- A witch who is good and rivals or Shang Tsung.
- The future son of Liu Kang and Kitana with the power to control time and space. And is the true champion of the Elder gods.
- A chimera humanoid from another realm filled with humanoid beasts.
- An evil spider ninja from an insect realm who is rivals to Reptile and his saurians.
- An osteokinetic warrior from Outworld. He can control bones from his exoskeleton and can summon fossil-like creatures. Even turn his exoskeleton body into armor.
- A geomancer who wields geokinesis.
- A ferromancer.
- Inari, the goddess of fertility who is friends with Raiden and Fujin. Wielding chlorokinesis.
- A pharaoh.
- A warrior from Seido who seeks to end the war between chaos and order and tries to put both realms in balance.
- A special forces agent who can change his size from big to small. (Based on Ant Man and Wasp.)
- A demon from the Netherealm born from evil souls like Ermac. He can control dimension abilities.
- A dinosaur-like Saurian from each dinosaur... like Reptile's DA costumes. But only this time.... this one serves under the bad guys.... if Reptile ever turns good. Dino Exs. Tyranno, Tricera, Tupuxuara/Pterodactyl, Ankylo & Stego.

- An amazoness.
- Suijin, god of water.
- A thief.
- An elf.
- A goblin.

Well isn't there any of the characters in my list you guys like? If there isn't... THAN I GOT NOTHIN'. You're on your own.

Well isn't there any of the characters in my list you guys like? If there isn't... THAN I GOT NOTHIN'. You're on your own.

I like the pharoh idea as long as he is a mummy.

As for JC and Sonya's son, it'll never happen. Sonya has a case of jungle fever and her doctor prescribed 3 doses of Jax a day! Mortal Kombat erotica copyright b,b,b lp lmao

I like the pharoh idea as long as he is a mummy.

As for JC and Sonya's son, it'll never happen. Sonya has a case of jungle fever and her doctor prescribed 3 doses of Jax a day! Mortal Kombat erotica copyright b,b,b lp lmao

I was talking about Johnny and Sonya having a daughter. While Liu and Kitana raise a son.

I was talking about Johnny and Sonya having a daughter. While Liu and Kitana raise a son.

Johnny and Sonya? Never happen.

I think it's quite clear that Jax is Sonya's *****. Johnny is too much of a self absorbed d-bag and Sonya would never put up with it.

The only reason it worked in the movie (and it was only hinted at) was because JC was not as douchey as is he is in the games.

Johnny and Sonya? Never happen.

I think it's quite clear that Jax is Sonya's *****. Johnny is too much of a self absorbed d-bag and Sonya would never put up with it.
Not sure where you see the Jax and Sonya thing, Although not canonical the Sonya and Johnny romance is in the Movie and in the Malibu Comics.
Yeah Johnny is way self absorbed not like the modest muscle kissing huge golden medallion wearing Jax

- A vampire prince.
- An evil spider ninja from an insect realm who is rivals to Reptile.
- A pharaoh who is resurrected as a mummy.
- A demon warrior that was created by Shinnok and born from the evil souls from the Netherealm. He can control dimension abilities. Unlike Ermac, he remains evil.
- An orange pyromancer ninja who becomes Scorpion's student at a young age.

- An amazoness.
- Suijin, god of water.

Are there any characters you guys would like in the Great Kung Lao's past?

Oh! And for an orange ninja, its either:
- A pyromancer who gets trained by Scorpion.
or
- Tremor who wields geokinesis.

"There needs to be new characters.

I'm not too sure what they should look like, but they should have cool powers. They need to stay original though. One should be a guy and another could be a girl. Also, they have to be popular."

How did this^^^ get its own thread?