Mainstream Music

NS922

I don't like it. Most of it is annoying and gets on my nerves. It even gets to the point where I feel like taking a mainstream artist and beating their brains out with a shoe. Sort of like a roach.

:)

Mainstream is garbage now...
Shit like Lil' Wayne and Drake songs are awful, the only good hip-hop is either old-school or underground
Rock isn't looking so good either, with most songs just sounding the same, and all they do is scream...
Where's the creativity?

I used to experience blind hatred for most mainstream artists, but I don't even have a clue what's going on in the mainstream now. I just look for shit I like and ignore shit I don't. Unless you're forced to listen to something against your will, it's pretty easy to avoid.

I used to experience blind hatred for most mainstream artists, but I don't even have a clue what's going on in the mainstream now. I just look for shit I like and ignore shit I don't. Unless you're forced to listen to something against your will, it's pretty easy to avoid.

Yeah, but I remember the days that when you turned on the radio
you got sh** like Pantera or Nirvana or Alice in Chains
Not this meaningless "I got more money than you" or fake gangster sh** that they pulled out their ass (Rick Ross used to be a corrections officer)
Mainstream today is just soulless beats, money, women, and fake gangster sh**

Mainstream is garbage now...
Shit like Lil' Wayne and Drake songs are awful, the only good hip-hop is either old-school or underground
Rock isn't looking so good either, with most songs just sounding the same, and all they do is scream...
Where's the creativity?

Some Wayne isn't bad... his mainstream stuff is... Some of his older mix tapes are genious

He was at his best in the 90's, when he was with Juvenile.

His older mix-tapes are pretty good, but now he sucks

Along with the entire Young Money label

damn I can't believe you know juvenile.. i bet a bunch of people don't even know that's where weezy came from...

yea young money kind of blows, but i like to pump the occasional old school weezy every once and a while...

damn I can't believe you know juvenile.. i bet a bunch of people don't even know that's where weezy came from...

yea young money kind of blows, but i like to pump the occasional old school weezy every once and a while...

The Block is Hot was awesome.

Juvenile isn't doing so good right now either. But, if I'm going to play any hip-hop, I'll stick with Pac, Biggie, NWA, and Gangstarr.

But I mostly listen to rock now (Disturbed, Alice in Chains, Scars of Life, Pantera, etc.)

lol, i hate hip hop now, rock is secondary for me but i listen to any kind of dance music now, trance, techno, electronica, house, etc.

Exactly, thats the problem with music nowadays is that teenage *****es are the deciding factor on whats good and whats not. Clearly there is no sense of musical talent when it comes to their choices... JUSTIN BIEBER *COUGH*.

The way corporations see it
Teenage girls will buy the most CDs and merchandise

So why not just release garbage that appeals to teens and mass-produce it...

Quantity is favored over quality nowadays...

Exactly, thats the problem with music nowadays is that teenage *****es are the deciding factor on whats good and whats not. Clearly there is no sense of musical talent when it comes to their choices... JUSTIN BIEBER *COUGH*.

Yeah, let's cut out the sexist or misogynistic remarks. Girls at that age have no worse taste than boys generally speaking. And as Knee said, that group (teens) is what corporation aim to please due to the abundance of disposable income (on average compared to other age groups). It hasn't happened overnight, and has been the case as far the mid 70's with disco. Mainstream music was never particularly good, but it seems to me that it's more manufactured than ever nowadays.

Don't particularly care really since underground is where I always look for new stuff. But most of what I listen to has been produced last century and will remain that way.

Cash Money was a lot better than Young Money. A LOT better. Not great, but better. Back in those days, Wayne had a certain fire that no one else had. But he's since tried to shape himself into a rockstar because he thinks he's mastered rap. But Juvie stayed true, and to this day, he's the same as before. He may not rap about the same things, but he's still pretty much the same. And Mannie Fresh made some great beats, and really set the instrumental tone for the decade (I also met him at a gas station, but that's irrelevant). And on a somewhat-related note, Eminem is a sell-out.

But what irritates me more than Wayne is Soulja Boy. He barely rhymes, yet he still gets paid tons of money. He got successful off of nothing more than Fruity Loop beats and repetitive non-sense. Sickening.
As far as other genres go, rock is pretty generic and soft. All the good bands sunk into the background to make way for punks in skinny jeans.
Pop is horrible as always.
Pretty much everything else is either bad or went unnoticed.

Most mainstream music is sheerly awful. It's catered especially for people who aren't willing to go look for truly amazing music outside of their radio. What pisses me off the most is mainstream rap. Lil' Jon, Lil' Wayne, all of those clowns are just lazy morons who have no talent whatsoever. Good for you if you know how to rhyme while talking about how many asses you slapped last night while you were getting drunk. Oh, and sick beats bro, which program did you use (aka, which program practically made those for you?). It's pathetic.

SOME mainstream is good but most of it is garbage, imo. I prefer lesser known bands. It's not to be 'cool' to like unknown bands, I just find a lot of them to be heaps better. These non-mainstream bands tend to stick more to their roots. Mainstream bands do things to please people.