Technologies of XXI century or Old School

nismo777

We all know there coming new movie -MK Rebirth.Im pretty sure all of us are really excited about that.
But guys, lets talk about the movie which we all grew on.The first one. Lets compare it to what we saw in trailer(Rebirth).U All saw that the characters completely changed, everything we used to is changed.Reptile is some maniac who eats heads of the people, baraka who fights till the end of the fight without using his blades, sub-zero with ugliest face and stuff)) Is it all really gonna be better than what we saw before.Special effects of XXI century winning comparing to 1995, no doubt.but.we got time to talk about it. I just wannaknow your opinions - is it really might be better than Mortal Kombat 1995??? cause deep inside no matter what i doubt...

Last edited:
the best thing i feel like they could do is at least stick loosely with the mk storyline of the game cause of course hollywood will change things up like most comic book movies. Any fan will say make it rated R, involve brutal fight scenes, don't make it cheesey and have more of a dark approach to it and I feel like you'll have a successful action movie. The whole Rebirth approach was interesting but it just doesn't make any sense. It was also just a teaser anyway and sadly i dont think another movie will be made anytime soon

I think the movie will be made based on the amount of success MK9 has. If they use the Rebirth pitch, I wouldnt mind that, it was pretty awesome, however it would be better if they stuck with true MK. And please, no PG bullshit, MK is and always will be brutal. We need to see Ninja Assassin-like violence if they make the movie. And please, DONT VEER FROM THE ACTUAL STORY. I hate it when movie makers always do that, they always stray away from the plot of the original work, whether theyre basing the movie on a book, video game, etc. The whole Shao Kahn and Raiden brother thing from annihilation was completely stupid, and we needed to see a freaking Scorpion Sub Zero fight, minus the stupid Snake like spear.

I Wouldn't want a MK movie like Rebirth.
It was more like a Noir film than an MK movie, I don't want all of the magic and mythologies to be lost.
Reptile should be a "People of The Serpent" guy, not a kid with Harlequin disease that grew up to be a cannibal.
I really want a new MK movie so don't get me wrong on that, The only thing is that I want it to be like the first movie, that one was great in my opinion.

MK: Rebirth was a short presentation video created for Warner Brothers to get the go-go for a new Mortal Kombat film if they were impressed...I think they got an agreement and are still finalizing the script. I kinda liked it, it was very new and different and let's not lie to ourselves...a 100 times better than the original MK films which had a rating of 12a in the UK. L

I think the movie will be made based on the amount of success MK9 has. If they use the Rebirth pitch, I wouldnt mind that, it was pretty awesome, however it would be better if they stuck with true MK. And please, no PG bullshit, MK is and always will be brutal. We need to see Ninja Assassin-like violence if they make the movie. And please, DONT VEER FROM THE ACTUAL STORY. I hate it when movie makers always do that, they always stray away from the plot of the original work, whether theyre basing the movie on a book, video game, etc. The whole Shao Kahn and Raiden brother thing from annihilation was completely stupid, and we needed to see a freaking Scorpion Sub Zero fight, minus the stupid Snake like spear.

Agreed with words about necessity in Scorpion vs Sub-Zero fight.Its Never gets old.

with today's special effects, they could easily make a great movie thats better than the first as long as they didn't mess up the script. Hate to say it cause i liked the first one when i was young but when i watch it now, its too easy to tear it apart. Like the guy said above the fights should be way more epic like ninja asassin and have a scorpion/subzero fight thats actually good. The second movie reminded me of power rangers it was that bad

Let me rephrase that... Ninja Assassin minus the weapons lol, i wanna see some brutal ass fighting, and PROPER fatalities, meaning dismemberment, stabbing, crushing, EVERYTHING. Not same lame ass icicle going through sub zero or lava flowing out of scorpions skull, or a shitty ass shang tsung soul steal. Seriously, theres more blood in MMA than there was in the original mortal kombat movies.

Let me rephrase that... Ninja Assassin minus the weapons lol, i wanna see some brutal ass fighting, and PROPER fatalities, meaning dismemberment, stabbing, crushing, EVERYTHING. Not same lame ass icicle going through sub zero or lava flowing out of scorpions skull, or a shitty ass shang tsung soul steal. Seriously, theres more blood in MMA than there was in the original mortal kombat movies.

Exactly! and if movies like green lantern or thor can be blockbusters, i think mortal kombat easily has a shot

with today's special effects, they could easily make a great movie thats better than the first as long as they didn't mess up the script. Hate to say it cause i liked the first one when i was young but when i watch it now, its too easy to tear it apart. Like the guy said above the fights should be way more epic like ninja asassin and have a scorpion/subzero fight thats actually good. The second movie reminded me of power rangers it was that bad

U RIGHT MAN!!! The second movie is pretty shitty! I hope it won`t happen with Rebirth))