"Brutality" on Kratos Reveal Trailer!

Shalashaska

I guess this is what they meant by "Look Closer!" Did anyone notice the last part of the trailer?

Last edited:
I dont wanna Brutality, is the same thing with all the characters.
I like more friendship, you can imagine kartos doing a friendship?

Yeah, I noticed, but that doesn't mean "Brutalities" are gonna be in the game. Mortal Kombat is all about brutality, violence, gore. Maybe it's a reference to that, not to the finisher brutality. But anyway, brutalities were basically confirmed with those audio clips. Too bad, I don't like them either :( I'd prefer friendships.

Wow just saw them. Nice find.

Among them is the words "Brutality", "Fighting", "Fatalities", "Warriors", "Kratos" and "Everything"

I looked more closely, and for the rapidly moving words, I found "Tag Team", but I have no clue what the top words say. They are too blurry. I have a feeling that whatever it is, it's the new game mode Ed Boon was mentioning.

36990145.png

Any help here? I think the second word MIGHT be arcade, but I'm really not sure.

Yeah, I noticed, but that doesn't mean "Brutalities" are gonna be in the game. Mortal Kombat is all about brutality, violence, gore. Maybe it's a reference to that, not to the finisher brutality. But anyway, brutalities were basically confirmed with those audio clips. Too bad, I don't like them either :( I'd prefer friendships.

This is all anyone should get out of that. If they were hinting at Brutalities, they'd have made it more obvious.

Yeah i think they were just pointing out how brutal this new game is going to be, but then again i dont even know if brutalities are really in because i never heard those audio files, would anyone happen to know where i can hear them? :)

It only does (in order of appearance); Brutality, Kombat, Mortal, Fighting, Fatalities, Warriors, Tag Team, (short 2 letter word), Stereoscopic, Kratos, Everything.

I noticed this back then, but I didn't find it significant enough.

Meh, its just another playstation commercial, they had to make everything sound MK like. I dont think its significant.

for those saying you never liked brutalities, therefore theyll suck in MK9. dont think they wont be any good just because you did not like them in MK3, they would not do them in the same way they would totally revamp the whole idea and turn it into something awesome, in MK3 they mostly looked the same and the charactor would just repeat a lot of the same kicks and punches which is why they sucked, a brutality in MK9 will look f*king epic! the long combos in MK9 already look sweet as , now times that by 10!! and think every individual hit looking unique, it will look so fast complex and technical on todays platform!,
i also hated the brutalities in MK3 but i bet if you saw one with todays technology instead you will sharp change your whole perspective on them and beg for them to be in the game! and I would imagine theyll add the 'X ray' style slow motion parts into them aswell,

of corse the charactor wont explode at the end this time thank god, but they might deliver a fatal blow as the last hit or a decapetation or something either way i bet they loose their armour, teeth, clothing ripped to shreads and truly look beaten up like weve never seen yet at the end of a brutality.

also dont get it into your head that it 'HAS' to be one or the other! either brutalities or friendships, most likely it would be both or none at all.

Im all for them me! take it right back to the oldschool!

brutalities in mk9 will not be the same as in mkt

back then the just repeated and speed up the combos they did in game

now they have the capacity to make an awesome fatality, only longer and ... well brutal

it will not be a duplicate of a combo they do in game, it'ss be tight im sure