Amnesia: The Dark Descent

THE JOHNNY ROOK

Just letting everyone know that this is 50% for this weekend. Well worth the price of admission. This is true survival. No other experience will haunt you, make your skin crawl, your shoulders tense up while your heart pounds. It is horror ambiance. You will be afraid of every corner.

screenshot07.jpg

You will endure trauma....at 50% off for this weeks sale on steam.

*Bump*

New teaser for the sequel, A Machine For Pigs.

If you played Amnesia: The Dark Descent or Penumbra: Black Plague, you’ll know why it’s worth getting excited for A Machine for Pigs. Frictional Games has proven time after time they know how to make affecting, memorable horror experiences by focusing on atmosphere instead of action. In collaboration with Dear Esther developer thechineseroom, A Machine for Pigs has the potential to be one of the finest survival horror experiences out there.

ok i just got it. but i got a question. is there a way to turn without using the mouse????? and another thing, why doesnt the run button work? i tried changing it and nothing happens wether i press or i hold the run button. lol i didnt get far.

ok i just got it. but i got a question. is there a way to turn without using the mouse????? and another thing, why doesnt the run button work? i tried changing it and nothing happens wether i press or i hold the run button. lol i didnt get far.

I just loaded up a new game and checked your running issue. I was trying to hold down the left shift and was not letting me run at first, then I loaded my other profile at end of the game and I run just fine using the shift. You must have not gotten far at all! And yeah, you can only turn with a mouse. Are you playing on a laptop or something?

Congrats on your purchase, and enjoy one of the most disturbing games ever made.

The low-sanity-Alexander-portrait-above-the-spiral-staircase piece was very well thought-out.

But how did the game become so popular? I hope it wasn't through 9gag...

I knew the game was around for a long time. I just want them to convert it to the consoles. =<

I think it would lose it's *charm* if it was on consoles. The developers want no achievements or trophies for this game. Which I applaud because it distracts. You have to have the right atmosphere, got to have headphones, lights out. I just feels better on PC. Just don't think it would translate well to the majority of console players.

Also it is developed by an independent studio, then just imagine the resources of making it multiplatform, physical disks. Just the resources would not be feasible.

just got this game last night.

holy shit.

this is one of the strangest and most disturbing games I've ever played. And I'm still just in the begining. The developers knew what they were doing. They dont joke around here. I like how they even tell you to play in the dark and use headphones before you start a game lol. Anyway, I got as far as to the wine cellar part. And this room is also the first time the hint message warns you about enemies.......I swear I saw the back of something huge going into another room.

I had to stop cause I got too tired and I didnt want that to ruin the experience. That's what this is. This isnt just a video game, it's an hellish experience that doesnt need to be missed. All I ask of you is to go out there and buy this game on steam, It's on sale right now as we speak.

Last edited:
I actually thought this game was pretty meh. I mean, it's elaborated and everything, but I just think some parts are stupid. You can throw chairs at monsters and they fall to ground. This is funny, not scary.

I actually thought this game was pretty meh. I mean, it's elaborated and everything, but I just think some parts are stupid. You can throw chairs at monsters and they fall to ground. This is funny, not scary.

Well, the chairs aren't really meant to be thrown at the monsters...

LOL, I think that's the whole point of being able to lift objects in the air and throw them and such. If it wasn't intended, why would the monsters have a stun animation when you do that? They could simply be intangible.

Make sure to give Penumbra a try too.

Just bough the collection on the steam sale. How the hell do I save?

I really like it so far though, getting used to the controls because I got so in tune with Amnesia. Pretty much the same but not as fluid, which makes sense because Penumbra predates Amnesia.