New Characters for MK10

When people buy video games, who do they generally pay to see? Someone they never heard of, or the stars?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

When it comes to buying Mortal Kombat, I expect to see both. So, to answer your question, both someone I've never heard of and recurring characters.

Anybody remember this guy from the MKDA Krypt? Screws in his eyes and wrists. He uses and focuses his pain to be directed at his opponent.

Please, god...

A psychotic female clown with a creepy killer doll. Able to mime in combat and create deadly shadow puppets. Resorts to various typical circus tricks like juggling, knife throwing, and acrobatic maneuvers.

A mermaid with a harp. Able to cast water spells and sic marine life such as sharks and electric eels on her foes. Can change between a sexy water nymph form and her true form, that of a wicked sea serpent, at will.

A female pirate with a rapier. Able to control an always-present swarm of floating metal orbs she refers to as pearls. Has a blunderbuss concealed in her artificial leg and scurvy crewmembers under her command.

An Asian shrine maiden with a magic bow. Able to shoot elemental arrows and can also throw bow like a boomerang. Uses prayer slips to open portals from which spirits and ghosts emerge.

An Asian female gambler with a long smoking pipe customized for battle use. Able to breathe fire and break pipe in two and use the halves as blow darts. Has a beloved pet tiger that fights alongside her.

A chief of a prehistoric tribe of all-female warriors with a halberd. Able to separate halberd and use it as a sword and rod. Controls a variety of dinosaurs and calls upon her sisters in combat.

A witch with a sentient witch's hat and a book of spells. Able to cast an array of magic and lay down runic glyphs. Feeds her victims to her witch's hat in her search for total enlightenment.

A scantily clad, heavily tattooed bounty hunter with a crossbow. Able to fire explosive bolts and lay down booby traps. Brings her possessed tattoos of snakes, spiders, and weapons to life and sics them against her foes.

A dryad with a flock of birds. Able to sic her birds on her foes and has control over plants. Can take root and become a tree in the middle of combat to extract nourishment from the earth.

A rollerblading female rock star with an electric guitar in the style of a battle axe. Able to hurl vinyls like shuriken and rollerblade up walls. Creates electromagnetic fields and psychedelic manifestations with her music.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the next generation of Lin Kuei cyborg. Sektor and Cyrax are probably a bit outdated in terms of technology 25 years later.

A psychotic female dominatrix who uses many weapons at her disposal such as a whip, cattle prod, chainsaw, handgun, and a staff weapon with a blade in the end or a long wooden stake or long metal stake to vertically impale her victims. ;)

I'd like to see the next generation of Lin Kuei cyborg. Sektor and Cyrax are probably a bit outdated in terms of technology 25 years later.

When Sub-Zero became the Grand Master of the Lin Kuei, he got rid of the cyber initiative.
And I'm pretty sure with Sektor being the tech junkie that he is, he would be able to upgrade himself. While Cyrax would receive upgrades from the Special Forces.

When Sub-Zero became the Grand Master of the Lin Kuei, he got rid of the cyber initiative.
And I'm pretty sure with Sektor being the tech junkie that he is, he would be able to upgrade himself. While Cyrax would receive upgrades from the Special Forces.

Isn't Sub-Zero (now Cyber Sub-Zero) in the NetherRealm though? Cyrax is on the evil side (albeit unwillingly) so he isn't getting help from Special Forces (at least not yet.) You're on point about Sektor, but who knows their fate following the failed Sindel attack?

But there is a new Sub-Zero, one who takes pride in the Lin Kuei according to his intro. So somebody must've taken control of the clan away from Sektor.

Cyrax's ending shows that he still joins the SF. Most endings aren't canon, but Cyrax and Sektor's endings both fall in line with how their original timelines went.

But there is a new Sub-Zero, one who takes pride in the Lin Kuei according to his intro. So somebody must've taken control of the clan away from Sektor.

We don't know whether this is a new Sub-Zero, Bi-Han or Kuai-Liang, yet.

I'd be open to the story of a new Sub-Zero (either son or student of the former 2) in MK X, if it's told well.
I'm leaning more towards it being that Bi-Han somehow came back, though.
That exchange between Sub-Zero and Scorpion sounds like and exchange specifically between Bi-Han Scorpion.