sheeva, yes or no?

vikingmaster

Was just curious, would anyone like to see sheeva make a comeback, i personally would not care if i saw her again. i didnt like her because she wasnt that great of a character, and if you played against her, all people would do is her stupid stomp move.

Of course. She's classic.

Even if a lot of people didn't like her, she still played a part in the golden age of Mortal Kombat. All they got to do is throw her in there and flesh her out a bit. Give her some purpose.

If the new series ignores her, I'd be upset.

Well for me it depends on if they are making the bosses part of the 26 initial characters. If they are, which i hope does not happen, then no she shouldnt be playable. If the bosses are not playable, then hell yes, include her in this game for sure, she plays a huge role as she was the answer for the fans who wanted a playable Goro/Kintaro at that time.

I hate Sheeva, but being that this is a retelling of MK 1 thru 3, if Sheeva wasn't in MK 9 it wouldn't feel right.

EDIT:
Of course. She's classic.

Even if a lot of people didn't like her, she still played a part in the golden age of Mortal Kombat. All they got to do is throw her in there and flesh her out a bit. Give her some purpose.

If the new series ignores her, I'd be upset.

I agree 100% Ricochet.
I don't like her, but I do believe that she deserves another chance in MK 9.
I wouldn't want them to ignore her or Stryker either.

Last edited:
ill be ok if shes a boss non playable. But otherwise No, we dont need her taking up a slot when we still need lui baraka and kano for sure. There is not many spots left since that leak was out. Lets leave 4 armed/leg characters as bosses please.

ill be ok if shes a boss non playable. But otherwise No, we dont need her taking up a slot when we still need lui baraka and kano for sure. There is not many spots left since that leak was out. Lets leave 4 armed/leg characters as bosses please.

Sheeva, a boss? No way. She's not that big and bad.

I really hope they expand the roster a bit. We need Liu, Baraka, Kano, Jade, Rain, and Sheeva (am I missing anyone?). I don't see how Stryker can make it into the game but characters like Baraka, Jade, Rain and Sheeva don't.

Depends...(this isnt place for two or more shokans)
If goro is a playable character, so not sheeva inda game. if goro is only a sub-bos NPC, maybe sheeva inda game. but in really i dont like the character, mayb is classic, but i really preffer use the roster slot, to another better character.

Sheeva will NOT be a boss. If the bosses are not playable, then all characters from MK trilogy will make the cut for the 26 character roster of this game, excluding classic sub zero and one of the smokes. But then again, Quan Chi is in this game, so thats one character from MK Trilogy that is eliminated from the initial roster... and we have the possiblity of a human sektor, so thats two MK trilogy characters out the window, unless Quan Chi and Human Sektor are DLC. The eliminated characters are probably not stryker, nor kabal because we heard their voices... So sheeva might not be in this game potentially, after all of that considered.

Sheeva will NOT be a boss. If the bosses are not playable, then all characters from MK trilogy will make the cut for the 26 character roster of this game, excluding classic sub zero and one of the smokes. But then again, Quan Chi is in this game, so thats one character from MK Trilogy that is eliminated from the initial roster... and we have the possiblity of a human sektor, so thats two MK trilogy characters out the window, unless Quan Chi and Human Sektor are DLC. The eliminated characters are probably not stryker, nor kabal because we heard their voices... So sheeva might not be in this game potentially, after all of that considered.

Taj,
I have a feeling that the Human Sektor voice that we heard is to be used in either story mode or for his fight entrance, with his Alternate HUMAN costume.
I don't think they would make the mistake of using 2 character slots for 1 character AGAIN.

Besides, we already saw Sektor as a cyborg in the gameplay videos.

I hope she will NOT be in MK9 ! I don't hate her, but it's a weak character... It's not an interesting fighter !

Anyway, don't forget that she's got four arms : she's far much difficult to animate than any other characters (MK9 is a 3D/mokap game, so she need a specific animation !)... So i'm pretty sure that she won't be in this game :)

Maybe its a possibility that all MK trilogy characters will be in the game and just like Trilogy you will be able use an alternate version of some characters such as human Sektor and so on. Simply pressing select or some other combination at the select screen will show alternate modes. I can't imagine anyone being left out. I'm thinking that Quan Chi may represent a boss of some sorts or just simply part of the story as in MK vs DC.

Taj,
I have a feeling that the Human Sektor voice that we heard is to be used in either story mode or for his fight entrance, with his Alternate HUMAN costume.
I don't think they would make the mistake of using 2 character slots for 1 character AGAIN.

Besides, we already saw Sektor as a cyborg in the gameplay videos.

Okay that works, so if there is quan chi though, then only one trilogy character gets eliminated from the 26... i have a feeling its sheeva eliminated because of the kabal and stryker voices weve heard already.

Okay that works, so if there is quan chi though, then only one trilogy character gets eliminated from the 26... i have a feeling its sheeva eliminated because of the kabal and stryker voices weve heard already.

If Quan Chi is even playable. He may have been thrown in as a teaser... A side character hinting at the next game.