SPOILER WARNING: New MK9 audio clips... NEW CHARACTERS REVEALED???

ShawnBronald

I apologize if this has already been posted, but I just came across a site that has several audio clips from the new Mortal Kombat (2011) game. One section has a few entrances taunts from Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Jax, Mileena, Johnny Cage and.... well, a whole lotta NEW, uncomfirmed characters! Does this confirm them? No. But perhaps I've stumbled upon something special. Tell me what you think.

Not only that, but it has a few clips of the MK announcer. Also on the site is music and stage themes from the game (as well as from past games). Judging from the URL, I think this is an iPhone app or something.

Oh... the site, you ask? Just go to http://iphone.themortalkombat.com/assets/sound/ and enjoy!

(Once again, if this has already been posted, my apologies. If not... cool find, right?) :)

SORRY BUT THE SERVER IS NO LONGER ACCESSIBLE, THE FILES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE TO LISTEN TO. NO TRADING OR POSTING OF THE FILES IN THE FORUM EITHER. THANKS TRMK MANAGEMENT

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: New MK9 audio clips... NEW CHARACTERS REVEALED???

Damn... did I just confirm Ermac, Goro, Quan Chi, Kabal, Smoke, Noob, Sindel and..... STRYKER! lol Oh, and what about Brutalities being the other -ality in the game and Test Your Might returning?

Edit: Also, I found this audio clip which is supposedly Shao Kahn, but I think it may actually be for a certain soul stealing sorcerer. You tell me. http://iphone.themortalkombat.com/assets/sound/voice_emulator/vo_shao_char_intro02.wav

Last edited:

Dude! Awesome find man!!! Thanks!

ill see when i get home. But i hope the music isnt bad

Music sounds GREAT. Love the new, updated soundtracks for some of the old arenas such as the Courtyard and Armory.

Edit: Rooftop sounds cool too! I'm sure these old, remixed songs are for MK9, but can't help but think of the HD Kollection. :p

You've single-handedly spoiled MK9. Congrats.

:(

Damn... did I just confirm Ermac, Goro, Quan Chi, Kabal, Smoke, Noob, Sindel and..... STRYKER! lol Oh, and what about Brutalities being the other -ality in the game and Test Your Might returning?

Edit: Also, I found this audio clip which is supposedly Shao Kahn, but I think it may actually be for a certain soul stealing sorcerer. You tell me. http://iphone.themortalkombat.com/assets/sound/voice_emulator/vo_shao_char_intro02.wav

I have to agree, this is definitely Shang Tsung's quote! Hehe. Again man, awesome find!

You've single-handedly spoiled MK9. Congrats.

:(

Should I have added *SPOILER* to the title? If so, sorry. I figured when I mentioned New Characters it kind of hinted that there might be spoilers.

I have to agree, this is definitely Shang Tsung's quote! Hehe. Again man, awesome find!

Yeah, didn't seem like something Shao Kahn would say. Also... didn't sound like the same voice from the other Kahn clips. BTW, did you hear the other possible Shang clip that says, "Tastes like chicken!"? lol... gotta love the MK team's sense of humor.

really cool find, but I can't find smoke..I gotta know if he sounds like a human or a machine.

Oh man, this look like piracy... but it's absolutly kool to listen up all those GREAT musics !! :) Great find man !

I was sure Quan Chi would be in : his DLC character have been made for MK VS DCU, and not released... I was pretty sure that NetherRealm team was frustrated about that !!

Should I have added *SPOILER* to the title? If so, sorry. I figured when I mentioned New Characters it kind of hinted that there might be spoilers.

That's not really the point. While I enjoy the music, I feel like you shouldn't have posted this. It just seems like you're ruining the end of a good movie before it's even in theaters.

That's not really the point. While I enjoy the music, I feel like you shouldn't have posted this. It just seems like you're ruining the end of a good movie before it's even in theaters.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, you're probably right. I couldn't help it. At least there's many, many more characters and arenas yet to be discovered/confirmed. Also, most of these characters were pretty much assumed to be in.... this only possibly confirms it.

Also, something odd that just occurred to me. While we have now heard possible audio clips of Smoke, Noob, Stryker and other unconfirmed characters, conspicuously missing from the list is Sonya (who has been confirmed).

And Liu Kang.

Also, the sekh clip is of someone saying "For the Lin Kuei."... so, who would that be?

Theres a few confirmed characters missing, Cyrax, Reptile, Sonya, and Radian.

And Liu Kang.

Also, the sekh clip is of someone saying "For the Lin Kuei."... so, who would that be?
I'm guessing Human Secktor

And on the other side of the coin you didnt have to come in here and check it out either. This doesnt confirm anything the audio quality is inconsitant and it doesnt make sence as to why only specific things are on the list and other confirmed characters and arena's music is no where to be found.

Awesome find, not sure about that it actually confirms anything.