Champion Prediction

Outworld Imp

One of the hints at a new story, was the possibility of Liu Kang no longer being the MK Champ. While this may be true, I still hope he returns. Kang still ranks number one on my list.

If that be the case, who do you think will lead Earthrealm to victory this time around?

Dont we already have a thread of the same nature...? with that said, its probably kung lao winning the actual MK tournament, and then Liu will establish himself as the hero when he defeats shao kahn.

I think evil should win and they are all captured. And then in a new game they all fight to escape Shao Kahns fortress. That would be cool in MK 10

Dont we already have a thread of the same nature...? with that said, its probably kung lao winning the actual MK tournament, and then Liu will establish himself as the hero when he defeats shao kahn.

Or how about Kung Lao Kung Lao beats Shang Tsung for the 1st tornament, then in mk2 he is still kinda weak so he goes to Liu Kang for help and go to outworld together and beat shao kahn, and for mk3 Shao Kahn is going to be more powerful due to the shadow of presit since he lost against The forces of light and Liu Kang and Kung Lao Try to do the same but this time Shao Kahn actually kills Kung Lao and Shang Tsung steals his soul and runs while Liu Kang is pissed off he kills shao kahn likes its nothing and vows revenge on shang tsung

What if...Johnny Cage never defeats Goro and he goes on to win the first tournament =O!?
Guys correct me if I am wrong but, didn't liu kang actually defeat Goro? I am pretty sure he did. I see that you are a litt younger Prince Scorpion and you must be going by the movie, which is not cannon to the story buddy.

Commenting on who should be the champ: I rather see either Kung Lao or Scorpion(transformed into the defender after he goes neutral after the first two MKs) as champs. Liu Kang was just a dull character to me. Kung Lao had cooler design and much more flair than him. Nuff Said.

Guys correct me if I am wrong but, didn't liu kang actually defeat Goro? I am pretty sure he did. I see that you are a litt younger Prince Scorpion and you must be going by the movie, which is not cannon to the story buddy.

Commenting on who should be the champ: I rather see either Kung Lao or Scorpion(transformed into the defender after he goes neutral after the first two MKs) as champs. Liu Kang was just a dull character to me. Kung Lao had cooler design and much more flair than him. Nuff Said.

I thought Kano, Sonya and Johnny took on Goro and defeated him while Liu was duking it out with Shang.

i think in an interview with someone, they said that JC has won the tournament and now he is the champ

Yeah I was a bit confused o_O wasn't sure of the game cannon so I went with the terrible movie one, but anyway you guys get the point right? I think the roles will be played around with a little...the Kung Lao winning the first tournament sounds kinda likely?

I know I'll cop it for saying this but I never liked Lui Kang. He was cheap to play and cheap to fight against. I hope they put in a lot of effort to ensure great design and gameplay this time round. As well as that, I hope he gets killed in MK9's storyline :D

I know I'll cop it for saying this but I never liked Lui Kang. He was cheap to play and cheap to fight against. I hope they put in a lot of effort to ensure great design and gameplay this time round. As well as that, I hope he gets killed in MK9's storyline :D

I COMPLETELY agree with you. I HATE having to fight against him. He's soooo generic compared to
just about anyone else in the game. I was happy to see him die in deadly alliance. THEN they HADDD
to bring him back for deception. I hope he just stays dead from now on.

I thought Kano, Sonya and Johnny took on Goro and defeated him while Liu was duking it out with Shang.

Liu kang defeated him in the actual tournament, in the aftermath however, he wanted revenge and had to protect shang tsung from liu, but then kano, sonya and johnny took him on and it was thought that they killed him.

Aw come on guys, how the hell can you hate liu kang lol!!! sure he has a shit load of moves and can be pretty cheap, but hes so bad ass! hes the champ of MK, his screams are freaking awesome, and how can you forget the dragon fatality?

Liu kang defeated him in the actual tournament, in the aftermath however, he wanted revenge and had to protect shang tsung from liu, but then kano, sonya and johnny took him on and it was thought that they killed him.

Aw come on guys, how the hell can you hate liu kang lol!!! sure he has a shit load of moves and can be pretty cheap, but hes so bad ass! hes the champ of MK, his screams are freaking awesome, and how can you forget the dragon fatality?

Amen to that.

Hey, Liu Kang is beast! He is one of, if not my favorite video game hero of all time. In relation to what white_ninja said, I can see him winning the first tournament again, but someone else would probably take the glory in MK2 and MK3. Most likely it'll be Kung Lao.

Hey, Liu Kang is beast! He is one of, if not my favorite video game hero of all time. In relation to what white_ninja said, I can see him winning the first tournament again, but someone else would probably take the glory in MK2 and MK3. Most likely it'll be Kung Lao.

I dont get it, are you thinking that i dont like liu kang? Cuz i was fully sticking up for him lol... and i see the opposite, because Kung Lao was supposed to represent the Order of Light in the first tournament originally, but he declined, so it went to liu kang. I think kung lao actually enters the first tourney, wins it, but then, like the original series, hes not strong enough to beat shao kahn, so liu kang takes over.

I dont get it, are you thinking that i dont like liu kang? Cuz i was fully sticking up for him lol... and i see the opposite, because Kung Lao was supposed to represent the Order of Light in the first tournament originally, but he declined, so it went to liu kang. I think kung lao actually enters the first tourney, wins it, but then, like the original series, hes not strong enough to beat shao kahn, so liu kang takes over.

That makes sense, I've got a strong feeling that's what will happen

I agree. I never liked Kang either. He was more irritating to the ears than anything else. Him and his... womanly sounds.

I never liked any of his designs... Even his zombie design. His story was bleh. Hell, even his movie version pissed me off. It's like - "Stop whining Liu Kang! You freakin cry baby."

Kung Lao was supposed to represent the Order of Light in the first tournament originally, but he declined, so it went to liu kang. I think kung lao actually enters the first tourney, wins it, but then, like the original series, hes not strong enough to beat shao kahn, so liu kang takes over.

I hope Kahn kills that guy's ass. Outside of his hat, I never liked Kung Lao. Especially after playing SM.

Hey Liu Kang is the best
he is the best fighter in earthrealm, saved earth from being taken over THREE times, and he is the shit!
and his voice makes his unique from everyone else!

and wow yall just totally ignored my good idea up there"/

LOL sorry aldo, but no they will never truly kill off a character, its MK for god's sake! But i like the idea of both of them beating shao kahn in MK2, but then in MK3, its solely liu kang. But i like liu kang for the same reasons why ricochet DOESNT like liu kang :p, i like the screams, i like his story, as bland as it may be and i like his designs, especially the MK2 one. I do have to agree with ricochet that the zombie thing was just plain retarded, and i seriously loathed liu kang in the movies, the guy kept on whining and complaining, especially in Annihilation.

About Kung Lao, the hat makes his character, without it, he wouldnt be as popular as he is. I didnt like him in SM either, but otherwise i like his "confrontation when needed" storyline and the fact that he doesnt like to be in the spotlight.