Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 out on Java mobiles this week?

I'd be really happy if this comes out for iPod touch.

I would NOT as this port seems terrible, I'd want a proper port. Or even a port of MK HD. Not what this EA garbage seems to be.

Anyone have a cell phone with a color screen that can play java games. (NOT Smart Phones like iOS or Android devices, they can't play this game)

Last edited:
UMK DS is all i need for the game on the portable front.

UMK3 is far way too much of a masterpiece to put take even graphical changes that can alter it tremendously.

Wut. He simply posted a video of how the game played, and you just insulted him? Who cares if it's not 'new'. It's something we haven't seen before.

Noooooo. I was talking about the game.

Holy shit @ your sig Bahahaha

huh. is it wierd that I get nausea from looking at this this game? it's just so ugly. thanx but no thanx. I do appreciate the effort tho

Effort? This is one of the worst-looking MKs EVER, and I can only imagine how poorly is plays. This is purely a measure to make a quick and dirty dollar. It's no surprise that it's being produced by EA, either. :rolleyes:

PLEASE MK TEAM if youre reading this, make an iOS, Android or Windows Phone version of UMK3, it would actually be arcade perfect, the graphics and processors on phones that are running those Operating Systems are more than capable enough to reproduce that!

PLEASE MK TEAM if youre reading this, make an iOS, Android or Windows Phone version of UMK3, it would actually be arcade perfect, the graphics and processors on phones that are running those Operating Systems are more than capable enough to reproduce that!

nothing is arcade perfect other than........the arcade cab. not some silly phone game

I don't know how they'd even begin to get a decent fighter onto a smart phone. Without actual buttons, there's no way to get it to play decently.

This port is so mindless with its one-button moves, combos and finishing moves. And why bother inserting any of the story when so many of the kombatants are missing? It's pretty degrading to any MK fan. As bad as MK Advance was, this is even worse in my opinion.

It could look like the arcade, but it could not PLAY like the arcade. So as Tim said it would not be arcade perfect. Being a seasoned iPhone developer, I could not envision a way to make a proper MK game that could be close to "arcade" perfect. With an external controller we could be getting somewhere. But touch screen would not cut it. They'd have to do what SFIV did and really simplify it down. I'd still glady buy and play it, but it wouldn't be arcade perfect.

Readers with questions about the UMK3 Java Phone port, send them along to me via PM or post here before tomorrow. The most popular ones I'll answer in the review of this game I'm going to post up tomorrow.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, i meant to say graphics wise, it would look arcade perfect, of course not gameplay wise, theres a touch screen lol. And yeah the SF thing would have to be pulled off... i dont mind it though, thats the only thing i play on my iPod Touch to kill time. Otherwise, screw street fighter!

This wasn't the first time Java was used for an MK mobile game.

Yeah, but that game is bastardizing.... well I'm not even sure which MK that's supposed to be, but it's not fecking up the sacred UMK3, so it's nowhere near the same thing.

if i wanna play a portable game, i'd just take my PSP with me.
it plays UMK3 and hell of allot better at it to